City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

He's a full on dickhead and ABU, it's pretty obvious. And he took 1.6 million from Qatar, he's not averse to a bit of oil money himself.
He took £1.6m even though he had that massive rant about them. Plus he’s forever chilling in Dubai in their 5* hotels built by migrants.

He took £1.6m even though he had that massive rant about them. Plus he’s forever chilling in Dubai in their 5* hotels built by migrants.
Yeah. I can't find the sum exactly but Gary Neville got paid off as well. Every one of these cnuts is for sale and we'd do well to remember that. Beckham took £10m from Qatar too. There is no doubt in my mind that the Emirati State has paid these chaps handsomely in the past, and if not then then others - there's simply just not -enough- mainstream outrage about what they've done and been doing. Even the missed doping tests got completely glossed over which given Guardiolas hilariously murky past with it is... Surprising. The journalists... "Journalists", wow.. .Their principles all have a price tag and I guess they can't go after Man City to the degree they should for the bribery and -cheating- because they must feel they're biting the hand that feeds them. I get it, but we shouldn't be preached to by the same pigs in the trough.

Yeah. I can't find the sum exactly but Gary Neville got paid off as well. Every one of these cnuts is for sale and we'd do well to remember that. Beckham took £10m from Qatar too. There is no doubt in my mind that the Emirati State has paid these chaps handsomely in the past, and if not then then others - there's simply just not -enough- mainstream outrage about what they've done and been doing. Even the missed doping tests got completely glossed over which given Guardiolas hilariously murky past with it is... Surprising. The journalists... "Journalists", wow.. .Their principles all have a price tag and I guess they can't go after Man City to the degree they should for the bribery and -cheating- because they must feel they're biting the hand that feeds them. I get it, but we shouldn't be preached to by the same pigs in the trough.
To be fair to Becks he’s not a hypocrite.

Coming at this from the perspective of someone who is more a general fan of English football than of any one particular team, this thread is actually extraordinarily pathetic.

Manchester City have put together an incredible squad at a lower cost in transfer fees than Chelsea's and on a lower overall wage bill than both ourselves and Chelsea (and no, Manchester City's transfer fees/wages for this season are not part of the charges brought against them by the Premier League).

In any case, those FFP rules that Manchester City are accused of breaking are despicable in their nature. I will never understand why it should be fair that teams like Manchester United and Real Madrid be legally protected to continuously outspend all their rivals simply through having created more revenue historically, leading to a perpetual cycle of anti-competitive protectionism where the fresh investment required for new competition is throttled.

I also notice a distinct lack of appreciation for what Manchester City have given to English football. Since 2009, Manchester City have brought a large volume of star players to the Premier League, contributed some of the league's most defining moments, contributed to England's coefficient in Europe and ultimately been a major reason behind the dramatic increase in television revenues which have benefitted the entire league and wider football pyramid.

I understand that there is also this "sportswashing" angle, but as with the above aspects, I also do not understand it at all - what exactly is the practical point that those who use this argument are trying to make?
Everybody cares about human rights abuses across the world and specifically in this instance, the related issues in the Middle East.
However, if Abu Dhabi hadn't purchased Manchester City, would all the political prisoners being held in the UAE now be free? If England had given the UAE and other Middle Eastern countries the cold shoulder in the past, would their subsequent pivot towards China and Russia have improved the human rights situations there?
Simply holding the position that you don't want such states to be involved in English football, with zero additional thought given to the wider context within which this viewpoint sits, is a completely closed-minded and morally indefensible position to hold. The way these situations improve is through dialogue and communication, through giving Qatar the World Cup then using this to push through the abolition of the kafala system.
It does not improve with stonewalling through the adoption of an us vs them attitude.
Only a city fan would be this deluded.

Regardless of state ownership and sportswashing.

City pay less on transfers and wages because they cook the books. See the 115+ rule breaches which are currently in process. See the UEFA breach where they got away because of a time barred technicality through CAS.

If Man Utd were doing good on field, Man Utd fans wont even mention city's financial doping, but at the moment thats the only stick they are left to beat man city with. And, they dont want anyone to talk abt the fact that Man Utd's net expenditure easily matches city's or even higher....fact is pep has totally transformed man city and Man Utd are jut playing catchup game now and it can easily be decades for them before they win title, and thats why all this bitterness. Fans all over the world just want to see their teams playing fantastic football , scoring goals and winning titles...and only one team in manchester seems to be doing all that at the moment, while fans of other one are left with no choice but to badmouth city's success...
Barcelona fans bending over for City due to Pep is so predictable. Birds of the same (cheating) feather, as they say. Hopefully your frauds will be punished as will City’s.

Coming at this from the perspective of someone who is more a general fan of English football than of any one particular team, this thread is actually extraordinarily pathetic.

Manchester City have put together an incredible squad at a lower cost in transfer fees than Chelsea's and on a lower overall wage bill than both ourselves and Chelsea (and no, Manchester City's transfer fees/wages for this season are not part of the charges brought against them by the Premier League).

In any case, those FFP rules that Manchester City are accused of breaking are despicable in their nature. I will never understand why it should be fair that teams like Manchester United and Real Madrid be legally protected to continuously outspend all their rivals simply through having created more revenue historically, leading to a perpetual cycle of anti-competitive protectionism where the fresh investment required for new competition is throttled.

I also notice a distinct lack of appreciation for what Manchester City have given to English football. Since 2009, Manchester City have brought a large volume of star players to the Premier League, contributed some of the league's most defining moments, contributed to England's coefficient in Europe and ultimately been a major reason behind the dramatic increase in television revenues which have benefitted the entire league and wider football pyramid.

I understand that there is also this "sportswashing" angle, but as with the above aspects, I also do not understand it at all - what exactly is the practical point that those who use this argument are trying to make?
Everybody cares about human rights abuses across the world and specifically in this instance, the related issues in the Middle East.
However, if Abu Dhabi hadn't purchased Manchester City, would all the political prisoners being held in the UAE now be free? If England had given the UAE and other Middle Eastern countries the cold shoulder in the past, would their subsequent pivot towards China and Russia have improved the human rights situations there?
Simply holding the position that you don't want such states to be involved in English football, with zero additional thought given to the wider context within which this viewpoint sits, is a completely closed-minded and morally indefensible position to hold. The way these situations improve is through dialogue and communication, through giving Qatar the World Cup then using this to push through the abolition of the kafala system.
It does not improve with stonewalling through the adoption of an us vs them attitude.
:lol: how do these posters even get promoted?

If Man Utd were doing good on field, Man Utd fans wont even mention city's financial doping, but at the moment thats the only stick they are left to beat man city with. And, they dont want anyone to talk abt the fact that Man Utd's net expenditure easily matches city's or even higher....fact is pep has totally transformed man city and Man Utd are jut playing catchup game now and it can easily be decades for them before they win title, and thats why all this bitterness. Fans all over the world just want to see their teams playing fantastic football , scoring goals and winning titles...and only one team in manchester seems to be doing all that at the moment, while fans of other one are left with no choice but to badmouth city's success...
Barca fan speaking about cheating. Beautiful, you'd know.

Put this is another thread but it belongs here..
It’s really odd how the financial rules violations are so quiet. From opposing fans as well. The hate for us from fans explains that so some degree. But the media..if they are found guilty the media will have to turn 360 on them. They aren’t even covering all bases and voicing some concerns. But if one player in a winning team is taking performance enhancing drugs….it would be headlines.

It’s really odd how the financial rules violations are so quiet. From opposing fans as well. The hate for us from fans explains that so some degree. But the media..if they are found guilty the media will have to turn 360 on them. They aren’t even covering all bases and voicing some concerns. But if one player in a winning team is taking performance enhancing drugs….it would be headlines.

There will be headlines for weeks if the charges are proven, and City will be rightly punished. I doubt there are many headlines to write about it at the moment because nothing much is going on, other than last week's update.

Do they care? Genuinely asking here. I've voiced this thought a few times in the past but there's obviously know way to actually know the truth, but outside of United, pool and arsenal fans, do fans of any other teams actually care about what city are doing?

Mentioned in passing by Gary Lineker on MotD. Glossed over by Shearer.

Discussion over, move on.

Basically, no one gives a shit. They'll get away with it, no doubt about it.
Yep I watched that and said to myself is that it? 115 charges and 1 sentence on MOTD. If this was a UTD or Liverpool there would be a panorama program and been brought up In the houses of Parliament, trouble is City know they've cheated but because it was years ago it doesn't matter.

We don‘t need your opinion you support another cheating scumbag club.

City is spending way more than it is reporting according to the allegations.

I’ve seen some bad takes on here but this is awful.

They should receive a joint punishment with Barcelona. The two of them can play each other every week for a season in a super league of two. The winner gets promoted to Saudi Arabia. The loser gets abolished.
Add some capital punishment to make it more exciting.

Yep I watched that and said to myself is that it? 115 charges and 1 sentence on MOTD. If this was a UTD or Liverpool there would be a panorama program and been brought up In the houses of Parliament, trouble is City know they've cheated but because it was years ago it doesn't matter.

I’m convinced that City have taken out a super injunction to block any mainstream media.
Otherwise, why is it all so quiet?
I fear that it’s going to drag on for years.

Your post is factually wrong and a bit naive.

Nothing has changed in Qatar. Your post is an example of sportswashing at work.

‘Fan of football’ :lol:

Barcelona not only cheats financially, but also bribe referees. Not surprised their fans have this opinion, your club is a disgrace.

I love that it always comes from people without even basic understanding how those rules work.

Most of the media are to gutless to really go in-depth over City's cheating as there's a real possibility City will go after them. It is after all, City's MO. Rather than prove innocence, delay, obstruct and discredit by way of aggressive attacks.

I'm still confident that despite City doing everything they can to prevent the Premier League even bringing the charges, that the case against them is strong enough to succeed. After that, the level of punishment needs to be such that it deters any other team from doing the same, particularly in a period where another State already owns one club and in the unfortunate event a certain State takes over United, it needs to be so severe that both of those States think twice about similar actions.

The punishment for financial management is often severe when it involves putting the clubs financial health in jeapordy. So it stands to reason that it should also be severe when it is used to benefit the club and gain an unfair, fraudulent advantage. So points deductions and demotion all the way to expulsion should all be on the table.

I do like @JPRouve suggestion that Saracens should be the precedent, though I would use that as a baseline punishment in the event they are found guilty.

They have won league once again but surly there is big question marks now how they have won it. Everybody is talking about other things considering this club. Nobody is actually interested in their win, unless you are ManCity supporter.

The faster Premier League decide this matter the better for everyone. We can't have this going for so long.

Most of the media are to gutless to really go in-depth over City's cheating as there's a real possibility City will go after them. It is after all, City's MO. Rather than prove innocence, delay, obstruct and discredit by way of aggressive attacks.

I'm still confident that despite City doing everything they can to prevent the Premier League even bringing the charges, that the case against them is strong enough to succeed. After that, the level of punishment needs to be such that it deters any other team from doing the same, particularly in a period where another State already owns one club and in the unfortunate event a certain State takes over United, it needs to be so severe that both of those States think twice about similar actions.

The punishment for financial management is often severe when it involves putting the clubs financial health in jeapordy. So it stands to reason that it should also be severe when it is used to benefit the club and gain an unfair, fraudulent advantage. So points deductions and demotion all the way to expulsion should all be on the table.

I do like @JPRouve suggestion that Saracens should be the precedent, though I would use that as a baseline punishment in the event they are found guilty.

I had in mind the idea that they start the next two seasons -70 points. It basically allows players and staff to find new jobs or clubs. And a fine equivalent to all the prize and broadcasting money that they received during the cheating years.

Do they care? Genuinely asking here. I've voiced this thought a few times in the past but there's obviously know way to actually know the truth, but outside of United, pool and arsenal fans, do fans of any other teams actually care about what city are doing?

Well I do - gave the fans of Abu Dhabi City and Saudi United lots of abuse on being state owned sportwashing petrodollar projects. If United become owned by Qatar I’ll reserve my right to do the same at OT next season - imo would be a great shame.

In general I think most fans look at city and their achievements with an * attached due to the cheating and state ownership.

The thing that's despicable is the rules, which city signed up to. Okay.

Maybe, if they disagreed so strongly, they could have sold the club and moved to another league. Instead they chose to break the rules. Constantly. Then throw even more money at trying to prevert justice. Not to mention all the money spent attempting to influence, and even silence, the media.

No country should own football clubs in this country. Particularly not those with such terrible human rights records and, even more so, those who so obviously don't care about the rules of the competition.

What a shit WUM.

'fan of English football'
'we'
'ourselves'

feck off back to Bluemoon.

Club rivalries aside it just doesn’t sit easy when an entity is so obstructive to an investigation and gets rewarded for it. If the authorities truly can’t do anything about a club refusing to cooperate with an investigation then they need to have the power to suspend a club from competition, otherwise what’s the point? A lesser example is in boxing, Conor benn had the positive test, tried to carry on like nothing happen and only when he realised that other boards won’t licence him to fight is he suddenly apologising and trying to make amends. Apologies if I have misunderstood the rules/power to sanction here

I’ve seen some bad takes on here but this is awful.
Let 'em sneer. The fact that 115 charges have been levelled at City speaks for itself. If only half - no, let's make that a quarter of them stick and are proved, that's still a lot of cheating to account for. It's no wonder City's lawyers are playing the deflection game by objecting to an Arsenal fan.

I had in mind the idea that they start the next two seasons -70 points. It basically allows players and staff to find new jobs or clubs. And a fine equivalent to all the prize and broadcasting money that they received during the cheating years.

I like that. It would probably relegate them by default without actually doing it.

I wonder how many, if any of their squad would stick around. My money would be on zero.

Let 'em sneer. The fact that 115 charges have been levelled at City speaks for itself. If only half - no, let's make that a quarter of them stick and are proved, that's still a lot of cheating to account for. It's no wonder City's lawyers are playing the deflection game by objecting to an Arsenal fan.

If only 10% stick it would be unprecedented. Usual clubs have 1 or 2 charges and can be punished quite severely. 115, even if some are duplicated or fairly mundane is ridiculous. The only benefit City get from so many charges is they can use them to delay the case by asking the merits of each to be checked and checked again.

City are the Mob, they operate like a crime syndicate. The Premier League is using the same tactics serious crime and the likes of the FBI use to bring them down.

If they are found guilty, I fully expect that won't be the end either, because it should then be escalated above the Premier League and to the HMRC and potentially criminal as what they've done is basically fraud. So things could get very ugly for them.

This is so inaccurate it is ridiculous. How do you explain 9 other clubs also calling out City's cheating? UEFA? Premier League? You'd have to be blind not to see it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/pep-guardiola-man-city-ffp-levy-b2279853.html

https://www.90min.com/posts/cas-con...sked-them-not-to-lift-man-city-s-european-ban

If only 10% stick it would be unprecedented. Usual clubs have 1 or 2 charges and can be punished quite severely. 115, even if some are duplicated or fairly mundane is ridiculous. The only benefit City get from so many charges is they can use them to delay the case by asking the merits of each to be checked and checked again.

City are the Mob, they operate like a crime syndicate. The Premier League is using the same tactics serious crime and the likes of the FBI use to bring them down.

If they are found guilty, I fully expect that won't be the end either, because it should then be escalated above the Premier League and to the HMRC and potentially criminal as what they've done is basically fraud. So things could get very ugly for them.

Shame there isn't a RICO statute in the UK; at least not one that I know of.