City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

You know it’s a sad state of affairs when Richard fecking Keys is speaking sense. :eek:
But he isn't and he knows it, whether you like it or not, City don't need to prove anything, it's up to the authorities to prove the allegations, just like they have to do in a court of law

But he isn't and he knows it, whether you like it or not, City don't need to prove anything, it's up to the authorities to prove the allegations, just like they have to do in a court of law

It is up to City to cooperate and stop obstructing the justice…

If you had the choice of just swerving allegations or having to bother to fight them, chances are you'd take the former option for as long as possible.
It's all on the accuser to prove everything.

If only the evidence of external payments has been leaked years ago.

I had in mind the idea that they start the next two seasons -70 points. It basically allows players and staff to find new jobs or clubs. And a fine equivalent to all the prize and broadcasting money that they received during the cheating years.
I like that. It would probably relegate them by default without actually doing it.

I wonder how many, if any of their squad would stick around. My money would be on zero.

They need to be stripped of titles, particularly this title. They don’t deserve to have a treble in their history books for cheating. It belittles the competitions their in completely.

Even sweeter if their inevitable CL win could be stripped.

Actually they don't

The sooner you cooperate and have the case actually settled, the sooner you can prove your innocence if you’re innocent... When you keep playing the Al Capone playbook, chances are people will tend to believe you’re good at getting away with it, not that you’re innocent…

If only the evidence of external payments has been leaked years ago.
Yeah everything that gets leaked is aways 100% reliable or genuine, don't get me wrong, I think they're guilty, but proving it is what matters

The sooner you cooperate and have the case actually settled, the sooner you can prove your innocence if you’re innocent... When you keep playing the Al Capone playbook, chances are people will tend to believe you’re good at getting away with it, not that you’re innocent…
They won't be using Al Capone's playbook, he ended up in jail!

they've made a mockery of the game tbh. clear cheating. the league needs to punish them heavily to set things straight.
they could have easily kept within the rules and improved gradually over time but couldn't resist quick success.

They won't be using Al Capone's playbook, he ended up in jail!

He was responsible for anywhere between 12 and 33 murders. He never got convicted for any of them… He spent 7 years in jail for tax fraud. That’s less than 3% of the potential sentences for his known crimes… City will probably end up with even less than 3% of the punishment they deserve…

If Man Utd were doing good on field, Man Utd fans wont even mention city's financial doping, but at the moment thats the only stick they are left to beat man city with. And, they dont want anyone to talk abt the fact that Man Utd's net expenditure easily matches city's or even higher....fact is pep has totally transformed man city and Man Utd are jut playing catchup game now and it can easily be decades for them before they win title, and thats why all this bitterness. Fans all over the world just want to see their teams playing fantastic football , scoring goals and winning titles...and only one team in manchester seems to be doing all that at the moment, while fans of other one are left with no choice but to badmouth city's success...
And to what depths do you think City with their "creative accountant" would've sunk to if United were successful on the pitch and winning successive PL titles?

Say if United had won 5 out of the last 6 PL titles like City, they would've had it in overdrive to usurp us, their owners want to be associated with success and they've never been bothered as to the price they had to pay to get that.

He was responsible for anywhere between 12 and 33 murders. He never got convicted for any of them… He spent 7 years in jail for tax fraud. That’s less than 3% of the potential sentences for his known crimes… City will probably end up with even less than 3% of the punishment they deserve…
Which is why the charges need to be proven, what you know is irrelevant, it's what you can prove that matters

Coming at this from the perspective of someone who is more a general fan of English football than of any one particular team, this thread is actually extraordinarily pathetic.

Manchester City have put together an incredible squad at a lower cost in transfer fees than Chelsea's and on a lower overall wage bill than both Manchester United and Chelsea (and no, Manchester City's transfer fees/wages for this season are not part of the charges brought against them by the Premier League).

In any case, those FFP rules that Manchester City are accused of breaking are despicable in their nature. I will never understand why it should be fair that teams like Manchester United and Real Madrid be legally protected to continuously outspend all their rivals simply through having created more revenue historically, leading to a perpetual cycle of anti-competitive protectionism where the fresh investment required for new competition is throttled.

I also notice a distinct lack of appreciation for what Manchester City have given to English football. Since 2009, Manchester City have brought a large volume of star players to the Premier League, contributed some of the league's most defining moments, contributed to England's coefficient in Europe and ultimately been a major reason behind the dramatic increase in television revenues which have benefitted the entire league and wider football pyramid.

I understand that there is also this "sportswashing" angle, but as with the above aspects, I also do not understand it at all - what exactly is the practical point that those who use this argument are trying to make?
Everybody cares about human rights abuses across the world and specifically in this instance, the related issues in the Middle East.
However, if Abu Dhabi hadn't purchased Manchester City, would all the political prisoners being held in the UAE now be free? If England had given the UAE and other Middle Eastern countries the cold shoulder in the past, would their subsequent pivot towards China and Russia have improved the human rights situations there?
Simply holding the position that you don't want such states to be involved in English football, with zero additional thought given to the wider context within which this viewpoint sits, is a completely closed-minded and morally indefensible position to hold. The way these situations improve is through dialogue and communication, through giving Qatar the World Cup then using this to push through the abolition of the kafala system.
It does not improve with stonewalling through the adoption of an us vs them attitude.

City pay less on transfers and wages because they cook the books. See the 115+ rule breaches which are currently in process. See the UEFA breach where they got away because of a time barred technicality through CAS.
As I mentioned in the post you are replying to, Manchester City's transfer fees and wages for this season are not contained within the 115 FFP charges, given those charges relate to the period between 2009-2018.

Your post is factually wrong and a bit naive.

Nothing has changed in Qatar. Your post is an example of sportswashing at work.
As I mentioned in the post you are replying to, the migrant kafala system in Qatar was abolished in 2016, so "nothing has changed" is factually incorrect.

Maybe, if they disagreed so strongly, they could have sold the club and moved to another league.
Manchester City didn't agree to the FFP rules, they voted against them. Why should they accept being bullied out of the Premier League through mob rule?

No country should own football clubs in this country. Particularly not those with such terrible human rights records and, even more so, those who so obviously don't care about the rules of the competition.
Regarding the vastness of the inward investment itself, if such investment was properly controlled through a genuinely fair means of Financial "Fair" Play - for example a hard annual transfer fee/wage cap for all clubs - then why shouldn't they be allowed to own football clubs? As I detailed in the post you are replying to, such investment has done wonders for the growth of the league and wider English football over recent decades.

Regarding the human rights issue, I also previously detailed my thoughts in the post you're replying to, but my question to your assertion that we should just flatly ban the likes of UAE from investing in our country is-
And then what? How will that help to improve the human rights situation there?

:lol: how do these posters even get promoted?
I would doubt that we do most of the time, which is why you get worthless echo chambers like this thread.

Which is why the charges need to be proven, what you know is irrelevant, it's what you can prove that matters

While both City and Capone both provide financial incentives for people to conveniently forget what they know, City are slightly less likely to employ more permanent measures against those still determined to talk.

Only slightly though, wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility given who their owners are.

@Tender Teacher

So you think that if you don't agree with a rule or law, you shouldn't have to abide by it?

Any chance you could let us know which school you teach at so we can avoid sending our kids there? Thanks Sir/Miss.

@Tender Teacher

So you think that if you don't agree with a rule or law, you shouldn't have to abide by it?

Any chance you could let us know which school you teach at so we can avoid sending our kids there? Thanks Sir/Miss.
We had a tender teacher at our school, but one morning he didn't show up and the principal came in to tell us about the importance of reporting any grown-up stuff that we see or experience to our parents.

As I mentioned in the post you are replying to, Manchester City's transfer fees and wages for this season are not contained within the 115 FFP charges, given those charges relate to the period between 2009-2018.

I'm not sure this is a good thing for city. How many more charges should we be expecting?

Manchester City didn't agree to the FFP rules, they voted against them. Why should they accept being bullied out of the Premier League through mob rule?

Describing a democratic vote as mob rule sounds like something one would say if they were used to buying their own way.

Regarding the vastness of the inward investment itself, if such investment was properly controlled through a genuinely fair means of Financial "Fair" Play - for example a hard annual transfer fee/wage cap for all clubs - then why shouldn't they be allowed to own football clubs?

Like I said, I don't think any country should own a football club in this country. I don't want a X vs Y country proxy battle. It's ridiculous. Just look at the tug of war over Messi to see how pathetic it can all become.

The rules are the rules, they are always open for discussion and improvement, but are not to be ignored because they don't suit.

As I detailed in the post you are replying to, such investment has done wonders for the growth of the league and wider English football over recent decades.

City are still totally dwarfed by United when it comes to TV pull. It's not even close. I think you are hugely over-playing the impact city have had.

As for them helping UEFA coefficients... Ha! They've taken a decade of cheating to be on the verge of possibly winning it once! That's just embarrassing.

Anyway, enjoy your trophies.

they've made a mockery of the game tbh. clear cheating. the league needs to punish them heavily to set things straight.
they could have easily kept within the rules and improved gradually over time but couldn't resist quick success.

This is the thing. With all their advantages they would have still been very successful and won leagues and cup had they not gone overboard.

This is the issue with their owner and his board. They come from a place where they make the rules and they don't really have to answer to anyone. Corruption is just part and parcel of their world so it's hardly a surprise they did this.

People who want Qatar at this club....don't be shocked if we are dragged into the odd scandal too if they win the auction. They did afterall bribe their way to host a world cup. Nothing about that bid was fair and legitimate.

City released a statement saying they're looking forward to clearing their name so why would they delay things and not just show the evidence that proves their innocence

Initially, I thought they would get pinned down on something. However, as time goes on, I am starting to suspect they'll get, at most, a slap on the wrist.

Initially, I thought they would get pinned down on something. However, as time goes on, I am starting to suspect they'll get, at most, a slap on the wrist.

Agreed. They'll stretch it out, pay a fine and get off on a technicality in court. Everyone else will know they were hiding something but they'll avoid punishment, same as the UEFA ban.

Agreed. They'll stretch it out, pay a fine and get off on a technicality in court. Everyone else will know they were hiding something but they'll avoid punishment, same as the UEFA ban.
They paid the UEFA fine and now people talk like they got found not guilty and got away with it, will be the same with the premier league if it's only a fine. Unfortunately the fans and media are already coming out with bullshit like it's not about the money they just have a great manager and team, forgetting the fact if they followed the same ffp rules as everyone else they wouldn't have the squad they've been able to build by cheating

This thread is kinda pathetic tbh. why are we complainin? We’ve spent way more money than City the past 7 years. Fact is they have a better infrastructure than we do.

sanctioning city will not magically make our club be managed better.

This thread is kinda pathetic tbh. why are we complainin? We’ve spent way more money than City the past 7 years. Fact is they have a better infrastructure than we do.

The latter is correct but for the former the allegations are that City have not been reporting the real money they have actually spent

The latter is correct but for the former the allegations are that City have not been reporting the real money they have actually spent
And i think thats a can of worms as a lot of clubs have done shady dealings to get players. (See Neymar to Barcelona, Bebe to United:lol:…etc, companies in South America buying into players and selling them to clubs )

Coming at this from the perspective of someone who is more a general fan of English football than of any one particular team, this thread is actually extraordinarily pathetic.

Manchester City have put together an incredible squad at a lower cost in transfer fees than Chelsea's and on a lower overall wage bill than both Manchester United and Chelsea (and no, Manchester City's transfer fees/wages for this season are not part of the charges brought against them by the Premier League).

In any case, those FFP rules that Manchester City are accused of breaking are despicable in their nature. I will never understand why it should be fair that teams like Manchester United and Real Madrid be legally protected to continuously outspend all their rivals simply through having created more revenue historically, leading to a perpetual cycle of anti-competitive protectionism where the fresh investment required for new competition is throttled.

I also notice a distinct lack of appreciation for what Manchester City have given to English football. Since 2009, Manchester City have brought a large volume of star players to the Premier League, contributed some of the league's most defining moments, contributed to England's coefficient in Europe and ultimately been a major reason behind the dramatic increase in television revenues which have benefitted the entire league and wider football pyramid.

I understand that there is also this "sportswashing" angle, but as with the above aspects, I also do not understand it at all - what exactly is the practical point that those who use this argument are trying to make?
Everybody cares about human rights abuses across the world and specifically in this instance, the related issues in the Middle East.
However, if Abu Dhabi hadn't purchased Manchester City, would all the political prisoners being held in the UAE now be free? If England had given the UAE and other Middle Eastern countries the cold shoulder in the past, would their subsequent pivot towards China and Russia have improved the human rights situations there?
Simply holding the position that you don't want such states to be involved in English football, with zero additional thought given to the wider context within which this viewpoint sits, is a completely closed-minded and morally indefensible position to hold. The way these situations improve is through dialogue and communication, through giving Qatar the World Cup then using this to push through the abolition of the kafala system.
It does not improve with stonewalling through the adoption of an us vs them attitude.
Not too late to delete all that.

Because they've been cheating for years, their infrastructure might be better but it helps when you make up fake income allowing you to spend more than ffp allows, if they're not following the same rules as everyone else then they've got an unfair advantage

Because they've been cheating for years, their infrastructure might be better but it helps when you make up fake income allowing you to spend more than ffp allows, if they're not following the same rules as everyone else then they've got an unfair advantage
Ok. Lets say they fake their income. United has spent more than them in the past 6-7 years.
spending wise we have the advantage. You know where they have the true advantage? The football people making the decisions.

Moan Moan Moan. FFP breaches doesnt even matter, in fact the whole FFP system might even be illegal. They havent broken any rules by law or nor are they under any allegations for fraud or tax fraud from any government.

Do we want them to be ? Yes sure, feck them. But this is just getting silly.

We've spent just as much as them, but we end up with Sancho, De Beek or Maguire instead

Ok. Lets say they fake their income. United has spent more than them in the past 6-7 years.
spending wise we have the advantage. You know where they have the true advantage? The football people making the decisions.
Officially, maybe. Once you add up all the hidden extras it's probably not even close. What a massive surprise it will be when in 5/10 years some ex-City players tour the middle-east to rack-up some totally legit money.

Your whole post is written like a true Man City fan apologist.

So basically, the FFP rules are the problem and not the fact City have breached them. Good work pal.

It’s actually bizarre how so many in this thread think the accusations of City cheating is because they’ve “spent money” and they haven’t done anything different to what we’ve done.