City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

I‘d love for Ten Hag to come out before the Cup Final calling them cheaters. That would be epic.

City are doing wonders for the Premier League, if they win the treble they will attract the best in the world to come play in England which only benefits the league, that’s why I think all of this will be brushed under the carpet.

City don't really tend to sign ready made superstars, they sign the players that are close to making that step.

Let's be honest, if they're pulling that out of the hat it confirms they're guilty.

Classic response, discredit the prosecution in hopes the jury believe they have ulterior motive.

Most people in the country support a team, a lot of them are paying members of the club they support. That guy being an Arsenal fan is neither here nor there. Good luck finding someone who doesn’t support any football team.

Last edited:
City have stolen countless honors and made a mockery of football, but since the lawyer is an Arsenal fan, well there is nothing we can do about it. Better luck next time.

Let's be honest, if they're pulling that out of the hat it confirms they're guilty.

There's never been any doubt that they're guilty. The doubt has always been in if they're going to get any substantial punishment.

Blows my mind that people want us to become like this lot.

I don't care how many trophies they win, they're a completely embarrassing football club.

Either they really have nothing and are desperate... or, which is more likely, they are dragging their heels and complicating any proceeding that the case could eventually become time barred. They have previous.

Either they really have nothing and are desperate... or, which is more likely, they are dragging their heels and complicating any proceeding that the case could eventually become time barred. They have previous.
I don't think there are any statute of limitations on time in the PL regulations. They are different from UEFA

I dont think it can be time barred. But this is definitely stalling tactics

I don't think there are any statute of limitations on time in the PL regulations. They are different from UEFA
Hopefully. They're shameless cheats regardless.

I am beginning to wonder have City's lawyers been in touch with Sky / BT to ensure they keep their mouths shut about this too, because its insane to me that it's not central to any analysis of how great City are at football. They are cheats.

Blows my mind that people want us to become like this lot.

I don't care how many trophies they win, they're a completely embarrassing football club.
Exactly. I’m constantly reminded of the Brian Clough quote from The Damned United (great film): “As far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest fecking dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating.”

Of course, in the film Clough was referring to Leeds’ cheating on the pitch, but it still applies I feel.

Don't know why they're trying to delay things, I thought they were looking forward to clearing their name

Would be so funny if they won the CL and it was then stripped off them for finanical doping.

Yeah I wasn't too sure, I just know some teams have been punished for financial breaches.
The result of the hearing if City were found guilty (paraphrasing a famous movie) . "Officer, arrested the Man City contingent and take them over to the corner of the room, and I want you to keep them there and count to 10 after that let them go their ways."

Never happening.

I can't believe we're falling for this charade. This is just the next scene in this play. The epilogue will be the PL saying"well we tried" just like Uefa and their time boundedness. Yawn.

I doubt any sanctions or fines will make any real difference tbh...but the silence from the media is a bit disappointing.

United have no real excuses for being as bad as they have the last 10 years...but for other teams in the league, for new managers competing against City with their unlimited funds, plus Pep at the helm for 6-7 years, plus endless rules breaks. Makes the league very very difficult, yet a new manager can come in and after a bad month his job is on the line.

Needs a bit more perspective and appreciate that City have a very dark side to their success. Not hating just pointing it out.

I doubt any sanctions or fines will make any real difference tbh...but the silence from the media is a bit disappointing.
It is, but what more can they really say. No doubt some of them will be pretty intimidated by potential litigation as sad as that is