City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

Surprised to see so many empty seats at Wembley today for a massive club that have the highest revenue in world football

It's not even that they buy the biggest and hottest names like Madrid, it's that they know how to spread obscene amounts of money throughout the entire squad and almost have a second 11. Arsenal were great until their luck ran out with injuries, which City are as close to impervious to injuries as it gets bar maybe KDB and Rodri. Almost impossible to compete with.

It's not even that they buy the biggest and hottest names like Madrid, it's that they know how to spread obscene amounts of money throughout the entire squad and almost have a second 11. Arsenal were great until their luck ran out with injuries, which City are as close to impervious to injuries as it gets bar maybe KDB and Rodri. Almost impossible to compete with.

This, and is why Liverpool fell short so often too. Last season they signed Diaz in Jan to have a rotation option for the front 3 and they barely lost a game in the league after.

That's what people who say 'City don't spend £100m on a player' often miss. (Not to mention the fact that the payment for players like Halaand include lots of agent fees / third party fees not included, and people like Mancini were paid off the books).

I've been waiting for the newspaper articles about how perverse it would be that in the same season a club charged with what they have been go on to maybe three trophies, but can't say I've seen any, I did though read the other day about how they should be celebrated for making the PL a better league.

I mean it should be an embarrassment for the PL if they do win the CL this season.

Legitimate basis to prosecute is not bang to rights.

Some issues were time barred, they are neither bang to rights nor cleared just time barred. The assumption of guilt on the time barred charges is naive (or should I say the assumption of guaranteed proven guilt).

Some issues were successfully beaten by cities legal team which largely gets overlooked. In fact much of the smoking gun evidence citys team was successful against and stuff like the aabar letter everyone was so quick to post from Der Spiegel was quickly disproven as anything Mansoor related.

Nothing in either link you posted has anything "bang to rights in it". And what you did post clearly backs up what I said of Cities bias accusations against UEFA.

You've supported what I've said whilst showing there was no legitimacy in your bang to rights claim.

The actual fine City received was €10m for non compliance with Uefa, which they tried to defend by claiming the aforementioned bias which was my point in the first place.

There is absolutely no doubt that City argued the case of bias ironically that has been Citys defence following both sets of charges . For me this approach is arrogant and as witnessed following that approach in the High Court case it has been dismissed out of hand

But as for non compliance that was an area where I feel they , City, exploited the fact that UEFA were up against the clock and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that UEFAs failure to pursue documentation due to those time constraints meant that CAS couldn’t and wouldn’t take a view as to what the missing / non pursued evidence (such as the full chain of emails) would reveal . In the PL case they almost certainly will be produced in evidence and if not the independent panel will not be constrained by Swiss law

Far too many are looking at the CAS ruling on the UEFA case and thinking that the PL approach and ultimately the outcome will be identical . Yes there are similarities in certain areas but there are two main areas where UEFA weren’t able to pursue namely the Image rights and Mancini’s dual contracts

So what's the status here

Sick and tired of City, so shallow and boring
They will win the title, Pep will have a go at the PL for trying to fine them, press will hail City and it'll never be brought up again.

There is an air of inevitability with City. Their squad is basically two PL teams, paid handsomely. They bent the sponsorship rules but no one cares.

Crickets. Certainly my commentators (also very true for Newcastle matches) refuse to touch any potential issues. Just focus on the football is. Maybe that's right. I dunno anymore.

One thing I guarantee you: if United get purchased by an oil-state, there's no way we get that treatment by the press.

Pep definitely knows some shady shit that has gone on and is probably in on some of it himself. Has the demeanour of a rattled guilty party. I do sort of enjoy his increasingly unhinged press conferences, though.

It's true, in time it will all come crashing down for city.

2 years 5 years 10 years who's knows but anyone deep into football knows they have cheated and someday someone with a conscious will get into a position of power in FIFA or Uefa or PL or maybe they'll miss a tax payment or maybe UAE will get destabilized and turned into a democracy.

Crickets. Certainly my commentators (also very true for Newcastle matches) refuse to touch any potential issues. Just focus on the football is. Maybe that's right. I dunno anymore.

One thing I guarantee you: if United get purchased by an oil-state, there's no way we get that treatment by the press.

Yep, they’re all in on it.

I kinda hope Utd do get the Qatar takeover because Utd actually have massive income already - so their trophies won’t be hollow.

Also anything that’s said about Utd will have to count double for City and Newcastle.

This is our only hope to stop city beacuse let's be honest, from a footballing perspective, nobody is going to stop them

Even though this isn't about their CL breaches, it'll be funny if they win ol' big ears. Names a mockery of UEFA.

If other institutions in charge of more important things in life than just mere Football can be corrupted with a lot of money, i don't see why UEFA would the exception.

The entertainment industry is full of corruption as an important life insurance company can be.

Is this still a thing or already in the past?
With each trophy I think the chances of silverware being taken away from them gets smaller I think.

Football has made a rod for its own back with these state owned clubs, they’ll eventually hoover up all the talent between them and leave others unable to compete. Nothing clubs like City, PSG and Newcastle doping their way to the top.

I think if something isn’t done about it soon, clubs will start taking it into their own hands, such as breakaway leagues.

Football has made a rod for its own back with these state owned clubs, they’ll eventually hoover up all the talent between them and leave others unable to compete. Nothing clubs like City, PSG and Newcastle doping their way to the top.

I think if something isn’t done about it soon, clubs will start taking it into their own hands, such as breakaway leagues.
How does beeakaway leagues stop them hovering up all the talent?

Is this still a thing or already in the past?
With each trophy I think the chances of silverware being taken away from them gets smaller I think.

I hope not. It’s the PL who have taken action, and in the public climate of England, it’s not going back under the rug again as easy as the CAS ‘decision’ made it. That was pretty transparent, in a bad way, and would not have passed had it been a domestic process I think.

How does beeakaway leagues stop them hovering up all the talent?
If all non state owned teams threaten to create their own setup that excludes state owned teams, the latter won’t exactly have much to choose from other than buying from each other and playing in a league that consists of 3-4 teams.

I think the ESL was really the start of this movement, there’s going to be growing momentum.

Real in particular won’t be happy with City supplanting them and they have a big voice in European football.

City are doing wonders for the Premier League, if they win the treble they will attract the best in the world to come play in England which only benefits the league, that’s why I think all of this will be brushed under the carpet.

If all non state owned teams threaten to create their own setup that excludes state owned teams, the latter won’t exactly have much to choose from other than buying from each other and playing in a league that consists of 3-4 teams.

I think the ESL was really the start of this movement, there’s going to be growing momentum.

Real in particular won’t be happy with City supplanting them and they have a big voice in European football.

It's that last line that I think will be what finally forces something to be done about City.

The English teams have sat with their pants down for years now, and have no power to do much.
But once you start to take the Real/Barcelona pots away, then we'll see something happen.

Might not be this year, or next, but there will be some big shake up/

It's true, in time it will all come crashing down for city.

2 years 5 years 10 years who's knows but anyone deep into football knows they have cheated and someday someone with a conscious will get into a position of power in FIFA or Uefa or PL or maybe they'll miss a tax payment or maybe UAE will get destabilized and turned into a democracy.

Nah, money will see to that.

Conscience can be buy.

It's that last line that I think will be what finally forces something to be done about City.

The English teams have sat with their pants down for years now, and have no power to do much.
But once you start to take the Real/Barcelona pots away, then we'll see something happen.

Might not be this year, or next, but there will be some big shake up/
Maybe if they get away with it, then another smaller team gets done for some minor disdemenour in comparison, the the sh*t might hit the fan. I mentioned elsewhere if they come too dominant, more than United were, then it might actually dilute the brand. Why watch City games when you know they will just win. If they don't watch it the PL will become the farmers league we all laugh at. Think as someone else said it could be European teams who get p*ssed off first and set up their own ESL and Cup competition. Then if it starts attracting some of the other PL teams it could collapse pretty quickly.

Maybe if they get away with it, then another smaller team gets done for some minor disdemenour in comparison, the the sh*t might hit the fan. I mentioned elsewhere if they come too dominant, more than United were, then it might actually dilute the brand. Why watch City games when you know they will just win. If they don't watch it the PL will become the farmers league we all laugh at. Think as someone else said it could be European teams who get p*ssed off first and set up their own ESL and Cup competition. Then if it starts attracting some of the other PL teams it could collapse pretty quickly.

Haven't some "smaller" teams already been done for financial irregularities in the past?
Luton spring to mind, but haven't Derby been punished recently too?

President has already been set and I can imagine quite a few clubs will be pee'd off if City are guilty and not punished

Haven't some "smaller" teams already been done for financial irregularities in the past?
Luton spring to mind, but haven't Derby been punished recently too?

President has already been set and I can imagine quite a few clubs will be pee'd off if City are guilty and not punished
I meant a smaller PL team. Isn't Everton under investigation? Now if they get punished for their issue and City don't it might wind a few people up.

Yeah I wasn't too sure, I just know some teams have been punished for financial breaches.
Which is why City have to be. If they aren't there should be uproar from the other clubs, but half of them will be too happy that City put good food on for them when they go to the Etihad.