City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

They'll get a fine and nothing else

If they are found guilty of even some of the charges, the precedent in the PL has been points deductions. At the very minimum I think they will get a very large points deduction that will be enough to relegate them at the end of this season.

If the charges are proven then they should be expelled from the PL and banned from returning for at least 5 years and even then, only with a change of ownership which can be proven to have zero connection to the current owners.

This is not some minor PSR / FFP breach, this is alleged conspiracy to present fraudulent accounts for the purpose of skirting rules they had signed up to.

2 years ago probably but the PL has set a points deduction as standard against Everton and Forrest they’re definitely losing points the question is how many.
I’m less concerned about the severity of the potential punishment than I am about whether they’ll be found guilty.

2 years ago probably but the PL has set a points deduction as standard against Everton and Forrest they’re definitely losing points the question is how many.
What did Craig do?
s-l1200.jpg

If they are found guilty of even some of the charges, the precedent in the PL has been points deductions. At the very minimum I think they will get a very large points deduction that will be enough to relegate them at the end of this season.

If the charges are proven then they should be expelled from the PL and banned from returning for at least 5 years and even then, only with a change of ownership which can be proven to have zero connection to the current owners.

This is not some minor PSR / FFP breach, this is alleged conspiracy to present fraudulent accounts for the purpose of skirting rules they had signed up to.

Yes banning the ownership will be the most impactful and feels totally justified given how they've acted.

They have to be docked points. Just dock them ten points a season for the last ten years. Then take away the titles if any clubs were within ten points in those years. Give those clubs the titles.

They have to be docked points. Just dock them ten points a season for the last ten years. Then take away the titles if any clubs were within ten points in those years. Give those clubs the titles.

:lol:

I can't see how the PL can afford to lose this, as one paper said some people think that they must have some 'bombshell new evidence' to be going ahead with this as they are.

We all know City are going to have better lawyers, and the PL are going to have to prove they are guilty alot more than City are going to have to prove that they are innocent, so I hope this is true.

Maybe add in that the recipient club has to start with Li and can't have Ma in it too?

Actually I think we would get three and you none if it was a ten point gap. But I wansn’t even thinking of who would benefit.
Course you weren't. That's why you just happened to be specific with points.

Guardiola with the absolute nerve to come out and say that they don't believe they've done anything wrong. Wanker.

Actually I think we would get three and you none if it was a ten point gap. But I wansn’t even thinking of who would benefit.
It is for the period you finished second once and utd twice.

10 points is just something you pulled out of your arsle. But even if you take that 10 points thing, you get one title and united one.

Guardiola with the absolute nerve to come out and say that they don't believe they've done anything wrong. Wanker.
He’s probably been misled though. I don’t understand why people like him aren’t confused about the fact they’d never heard of City 20 years ago. How does he think they go to the point where they were able to hire him? Embarrassing project.

I can't see how the PL can afford to lose this, as one paper said some people think that they must have some 'bombshell new evidence' to be going ahead with this as they are.

We all know City are going to have better lawyers, and the PL are going to have to prove they are guilty alot more than City are going to have to prove that they are innocent, so I hope this is true.
The PL are also seriously wealthly. There is surely a bottleneck where it doesn't matter the lawyers you have but the evidence you rely on.

He’s probably been misled though. I don’t understand why people like him aren’t confused about the fact they’d never heard of City 20 years ago. How does he think they go to the point where they were able to hire him? Embarrassing project.
Or the way that they're suddenly posting financials better than established all time giant clubs.

The PL are also seriously wealthly. There is surely a bottleneck where it doesn't matter the lawyers you have but the evidence you rely on.
Yep, it's tiresome enough people keep popping in saying "they'll get away with it" but when people say City will have "better" lawyers it's just dumb. As if the Premier league are some local pub that only have the local authority lawyer to rely on.

He’s as bent as they come. Probably has shares in the company.

Misled

Girona
Brother

Such a sad state of the world that everyone knows they're cheats but since the gov is so in bed selling arms and getting paid off (see all the millions pumped into Manchester from UAE) we all expect at most a fine which is meaningless as they have unlimited money.

He’s as bent as they come. Probably has shares in the company.
There's no probably, Girona is part of the City group and is tied with his brother. He definitely has 20 lawyers on call briefing him and helping him to navigate this whole trial.

Fit and proper ownership assessments and points deductions are certainly precedented. As are revoked titles when clubs have been caught cheating in other European leagues.

What do you expect the outcome to be? What outcome do you want?

Well for me the punishment has to fit the crime. In an ideal world I think they deserve as harsh a punishment as you've mentioned.

The biggest crime here is the owners of Man City destabilizing English football for over a decade with an unprecedented level of cheating. For that they should be forced to sell the club but I'm not sure that can be done without government help and I have no idea if there would be any appetite for that within the new Labour government.

For punishments for Man City the club, a series of points deductions over a number of PL seasons would be the most appropriate punishment I feel. Eg 80 points, 60 points, 40 points, 20 points and 10 points. Should ensure they have at least one season outside the PL and at least 3/4 seasons when/if they get back up without being able to compete for the title or CL places.

Will they get that level of punishment? I doubt it to be honest and I have little hope they will be stripped of any of the titles they won through cheating sadly. If I had to bet I could see them getting a one off points deduction, possibly enough to relegate them and big fine and that'll be about it.

They would need a 60 point deduction to get relegated.

Anything less than this ending with the 4 actual City fans left meeting in a Stockport pub, scribbling on the back of a beer mat the plans for a new phoenix club would be a travesty for football.

They know this is coming to nothing - that's the mood coming out of them and to be honest even the media. I haven't read a single thing discussing how a points deduction might impact the title.

Im convinced it will come to nothing for the same reasons their cheating was able to happen in the first place

If there is/was fradulent accounting, wouldn't the tax people be interested?

Could it turn into a criminal case?

There's no probably, Girona is part of the City group and is tied with his brother. He definitely has 20 lawyers on call briefing him and helping him to navigate this whole trial.
Absolutely. He’s clearly set up for life and will remain on the payroll even after he steps down at City.

They know this is coming to nothing - that's the mood coming out of them and to be honest even the media. I haven't read a single thing discussing how a points deduction might impact the title.

Im convinced it will come to nothing for the same reasons their cheating was able to happen in the first place
Surely most of the media are concerned about litigation, or being sued by City for attempting to influence the courts before or during the trial? It seems to be the same with the majority of trials that they report on. They have to state nothing but what it factual.

...that's my hope. And I'll be sticking to it until City inevitably get away with it and someone posts the Jesse from Breaking Bad meme.