City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

but i fail to see how it's in Ratcliffe's and our interest to side with them on the basis of "fear of over regulation". Makes zero sense.
Brexiter Jim is an ideological behemoth. For such creeps, rules and regulations are for other people, designed to protect the likes of Frackin' Jim from even the mildest accountability.

Getting rid of 'red tape' will allow Ineos (i.e. Jim) to dump whatever they (he) want(s) into United, frack under Old Trafford and rid us of any hindrances like fair competition or any of that Communist shite.

Scratching city's back is therefore crucial.

The 'big six', 'G12', 'ESL' et al are the game's elite. They'd shoot each other in the back if needed, but only when.

The only people who think this cabal are an anti-elite are spoonfed blues who know without Sheikh Human Rights Abuse, it'd be between 12th and relegation. They chose their morals accordingly.

chity shame, but there it is.

Last edited:
Brexiter Jim is an ideological behemoth. For such creeps, rules and regulations are for other people, designed to protect the likes of Frackin' Jim from even the mildest accountability.

Getting rid of 'red tape' will allow Ineos (i.e. Jim) to dump whatever they (he) want(s) into United, frack under Old Trafford and rid us of any hindrances like fair competition or any of that Communist shite.

Scratching city's back is therefore crucial.

The 'big six', 'G12', 'ESL' et al are the game's elite. We are Manchester United. We do what we like.

The only people who think this cabal are an anti-elite are spoonfed blues who know without Sheikh Human Rights Abuse, it'd be between 12th and relegation. They chose their morals accordingly.

chity shame, but there it is.

Great.

Yeah unless Jim is willing to pump city levels of money into the club I don’t see why he would be on their side

There's no competing with a state own club being allowed to write their own financial rules. There's plenty of opportunity to put money into the club for investments, taking care of debt etc

It's possible having to wear that new Noel Gallagher designed kit would be punishment enough for them.

It's what happened last time.

Pretty sure last time with Uefa there was a statute of limitations was there not?

There's no such time limit this time.

Is it just an off chance?

Given the charges they're facing and the punishments handed out to other clubs recently for much lesser offences. Then while the punishment might not be as harsh as it should be I'd say it's highly unlikely they'll get off with just a fine and a slap on the wrist.

Pretty sure last time with Uefa there was a statute of limitations was there not?

There's no such time limit this time.

Given the charges they're facing and the punishments handed out to other clubs recently for much lesser offences. Then while the punishment might not be as harsh as it should be I'd say it's highly unlikely they'll get off with just a fine and a slap on the wrist.
Yes, I'm aware of the technical differences. But I'm sceptical about the outcome being what it should be, which is all titles revoked, a severe points deduction / relegation and city's owners being banned from owning any club in the PL.

Yes, I'm aware of the technical differences. But I'm sceptical about the outcome being what it should be, which is all titles revoked, a severe points deduction / relegation and city's owners being banned from owning any club in the PL.

Well if you are expecting the harshest punishments possible uncluding some that might not be within the power of the PL to hand out. Then yes you should be very sceptical for that outcome.

If 115 charges of fraud etc results in 30 points, then I'd feel aggrieved as an Everton, Forest fan etc

30 points would also suggest that a team like Newcastle could have a massive blowout, spend obscene amounts of money, take the punishment, but long term, have progressed much quicker than they're doing now.

30 points would be a free ticket for teams like Chelsea etc to say feck it, one hampered season to hopefully build a foundation for years to come would be worth it

This is it. If they let them away with it then why would any of the other clubs bother cooperating with them on financial matters. It will just give licence to every other club to stick two fingers up at the rules and do whatever they want.

The fairest outcome really is to ban Liverpool FC to the conference league and to fine city, dock 200 points, no transfers for 115 seasons and to give free transfers to all their existing players

It is highly unlikely for the PL to investigate them for 5 years with all this money, legal fees, and gigantic paperwork to hand them just 30 points. The PL is for sure aiming for a stronger punishment.

It's not that easy, is it?

At the end of the day, all of us are still guessing and none of us have much of an insight into how strong the case against City actually is, nor do we know how many loopholes there are to exploit. Maybe they have a rock solid case, maybe the independent panel will look at the evidence presented and go "what the feck were you thinking".

If it's anything less than relegation I'd be bitterly disappointed.

National League North division 2 beckons.

They will get a points deduction that only see's them finish in the top 4 and a fine, it will be nothing of any substance, they deserve stripped titles & multiple relegations but PL have no backbone

Still don't understand why people keep mentioning relegation as a possible punishment.

The PL authorities cannot just relegate them. They can only issue a points deduction that makes avoiding relegation impossible or expel them from the PL, at which point they would have to apply to the football league for membership. The football league would then decide which level of the pyramid they would enter at, if at all.

City and all their players and staff should be suspended from all footballing activities until the hearing is completed.

Still don't understand why people keep mentioning relegation as a possible punishment.

The PL authorities cannot just relegate them. They can only issue a points deduction that makes avoiding relegation impossible or expel them from the PL, at which point they would have to apply to the football league for membership. The football league would then decide which level of the pyramid they would enter at, if at all.

City and all their players and staff should be suspended from all footballing activities until the hearing is completed.

Well expel them then

Well expel them then
Has been discussed in here before but I’d be very surprised if the PL don’t have it in their power to expel a side from their league.
Pretty sure they have rules about size of ground etc before a club can get promoted so playing in that league isn’t a “right”.
I believe expulsion is the only appropriate outcome. For a period of some years as well.

Along with asterisked titles too, should be stripped of them but better that nothing I spose

I'd go the whole hog, expulsion, stripped titles, owners having their ownership licence removed and forced to sell the club. With any players or staff found of being complicit during the whole thing banned from football for life. That includes Pep and all their players.

Who (The Leagues or the National Football Federations) has relegated Juventus or Rangers?

Who (The Leagues or the National Football Federations) has relegated Juventus or Rangers?

It's different.

The PL has a different governing body to the football league.

Rangers ceased to exist? So they had to start as a new club at the bottom.

Serie A is under the same umbrella as Serie B, C, D. So they could put Juventus wherever they liked.

I'd go the whole hog, expulsion, stripped titles, owners having their ownership licence removed and forced to sell the club. With any players or staff found of being complicit during the whole thing banned from football for life. That includes Pep and all their players.
This is what would happen in an ideal world but we all know it never will. City have too much money behind them and too many people willing to take some of that money under the table.
I have a sickening feeling it will just be a paltry fine and then it's over.

Would never happen. You just have to read today's article on BBC football and the paragraph about how City being found guilty could cause damage to the relationship between GB and UAE. Which would be significant due to the amount UAE invest in this country and have serious repercussions

Would never happen. You just have to read today's article on BBC football and the paragraph about how City being found guilty could cause damage to the relationship between GB and UAE. Which would be significant due to the amount UAE invest in this country and have serious repercussions
The relationship between GB and the UAE should have no bearing on this case, the PL don't run the country, if it does turn out that it has a bearing then football is fecked, and not just football TBH

Yeah, same with Saudi Arabia and Newcastle, all it took was a couple of text to Boris and he got his mates on the case.

Uk needs their oil and they want the UK to keep sending them weapons, football is clubs are just bargaining tools.

This is what would happen in an ideal world but we all know it never will. City have too much money behind them and too many people willing to take some of that money under the table.
I have a sickening feeling it will just be a paltry fine and then it's over.
No slap on the wrist too?
@stevoc

Then a dawn walk to the wall for a last cigarette and a blindfold.

If they get off with a slap on the wrist then you'll get a breakaway league. That seems obvious
I dont think City win whatever the outcome.

The right punishment here is relegation and stripped off all of their tainted titles.

In reality they'll probably won't get anything more than a slap on wrist and will make that happen by using their blood money to buy themselves out and continue this obvious cheating, Regardless of the final decision it a stain on the club that will not wash out.

It's not that easy, is it?

At the end of the day, all of us are still guessing and none of us have much of an insight into how strong the case against City actually is, nor do we know how many loopholes there are to exploit. Maybe they have a rock solid case, maybe the independent panel will look at the evidence presented and go "what the feck were you thinking".

Somehow I doubt either of those things being the case.

So the UAE would risk damaging their relationship with the UK over their football club getting punished for cheating?

A football club I might add that officially the UAE doesn't even own.