City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

First of all, it's not the FA, it's the PL and it's an independent panel. It's actually good there's no pressure on them, so that they can, you know, make a decision based on facts and evidence.

Second, you've already (or another BL poster) made your point about this and you know the answer.
Ok, unnecessarily aggressive person.

Calm down dear.
I'm good! It's just a bit tiresome, 274 pages in, that people still draw parallels between the Everton and Forest cases (or more recently the Leicester one) when the media have actually been quite good at clarifying they're vastly different cases, and many posters in here have been consistent in reminding that. Apologies if you took it as being "not calm", that wasn't the intention - but it's like comparing a civil case and a criminal case. The facts, the charges, the scope, everything is different, and what happened in an entirely different set of circumstances isn't relevant to the City case.

I do agree with the first part of your previous post though - it's extremely unlikely (in my mind, impossible, considering the information that is out there in the public domain following the leaks) that they would be found innocent of 115 charges (I believe it's even more now).

City will obviously go after some kind of compensation, any thoughts on what would be fair or proportionate?

Kenwood juicer for every single fan they have.

That would be a fair compensation (and a nice surprise for those five feckers).

I'm good! It's just a bit tiresome, 274 pages in, that people still draw parallels between the Everton and Forest cases (or more recently the Leicester one) when the media have actually been quite good at clarifying they're vastly different cases, and many posters in here have been consistent in reminding that. Apologies if you took it as being "not calm", that wasn't the intention - but it's like comparing a civil case and a criminal case. The facts, the charges, the scope, everything is different, and what happened in an entirely different set of circumstances isn't relevant to the City case.

I do agree with the first part of your previous post though - it's extremely unlikely (in my mind, impossible, considering the information that is out there in the public domain following the leaks) that they would be found innocent of 115 charges (I believe it's even more now).

No problem, no need to apologise, my fault for not being up to date with the cases, I've lazily tended to put them in the same bracket when as you say they are different. Probably will try to read into the detail at some point before it gets underway.

If there only was a way to escape all these things you read voluntarily. But I can’t think of any.

In all seriousness though, I’m asking because if there were any, I’d like to share information on those, to increase the reach. The more people know about protests, the more effective they tend to get.

If City get away with it then Premier League football has lost all hope, it will have become a hollow plaything for the rich & powerful to stroke their ego's with. This hearing has got defining moment written all over it.

I imagine it's due to commercial information and this isn't a criminal case so there would be no requirement to hold this in public.
As I said I have no idea how justice system works in England. What I know is that this should be transparent. Regardless of how this case is viewed we know how important football is in England. That alone should matter. I would like to see more transparency in football overall. Starting with this, what is said in VAR room, transfer details and so on. The more transparency there is the better for football.

No problem, no need to apologise, my fault for not being up to date with the cases, I've lazily tended to put them in the same bracket when as you say they are different. Probably will try to read into the detail at some point before it gets underway.
You can look for articles written by Martyn Ziegler, who has quite consistently well reported on this, I'm sure you can find some articles. Wouldn't recommend The Athletic who have in general good coverage but who have been extremely poor (probably by design) in covering this.

Because people are aware how the world works, and that if you have enough money or influence you can get away with basically anything.

City's owners have both.

Well you seem to have missed my point, most of us know how the world works. But someone pops into say some variation of 'they'll get off with it' every few posts since the beginning of the thread. What's the point? :confused:

I think the vast majority of us suspect they could slime their way out of serious punishment.

This isn’t a legal hearing right? Even if they’re found not guilty, the PL can still turn round and tell city to go feck themselves.

A lot of the evidence of their wrongdoing is in the public domain so with a bit of knowledge of financial matters, one can easily see their guilt and despite St Pep's protestations, Uefa could not bring the conviction due to their own regulations and the 'evidence' being time-barred.

My issue is that, if found guilty the process of appeals will last for years so 115 are probably already geared up to and assigned funds to fighting this for years, so us fans perhaps wont see justice being served for several years.

This isn’t a legal hearing right? Even if they’re found not guilty, the PL can still turn round and tell city to go feck themselves.

Kind of. They are factually guilty of some of the more minor charges like not providing certain paperwork when asked. And could easily be punished for dragging out the whole process.

Been reading up a 30pt deduction is the most likely punishment if found guilty.

Expect lots of PR spin from Abu Dhabi FC over the next weeks and months. Sky were reporting earlier that the results would be announced in the spring, but I'm guessing the length of the hearing will depend a lot upon how open city are with their finances... So yeah, expect this to also drag on.

They absolutely cannot get away with it not least because some of the charges are related to City being uncooperative. They'll be able to prove that.

They'll get at least some if not most of the charges being found guilty.

Is it true that Man City have had to pay part of the legal fees for the PL to bring them to trial due to PL rules? If true that's fecking funny

Yup the PL is the 20 clubs, so they'll all be footing the bill.

This is the "tyranny of the majority" case for lack of a better word.

Word is that along with Villa and Newcastle, United also were on Cities side in the end as Ratcliffe is worried about over regulation No idea how true it is though just a rumor I read in a City group.
Its important to note this will effect sponsorships going forward and won't apply to the charges.

Basically -
City "If you change the regulations again, we'll sue"
PL changes the rules
City - Sues
Villa, Newcastle back City.
United change owners
Change of stance at United
City have support in the hearing.

Mind you the word is "some" successes, and there was a lot on the agenda.