City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

Imagine after all this its just a 30 points deduction and it just results in Liverpool or Arsenal winning the league, then next season its back to business as usual :lol: all hope for the PL would be dead.

Is the 30 point deduction a punishment for the sponsorship hearing that concludes this month? Or is that the likely penalty for the 115 charges?

Who says that? I think that seems too light.
A few small time reports. Probably rumours. But if Everton and forest only had a few points deducted then city will obviously get a lot worse. Just can’t see them getting relegated, who are the media going to rave about then?

I wonder if any of independents panel are paranoid that they are being followed home. Defo won’t be intimidated by an institution that’s pumped billions into a sports washing jewel and is angry at “the tyranny of the majority”…

Still can’t believe that was one of cities pity party statement. Proper dictator speak that….. But I’m sure they are doing everything by the book….

Is the 30 point deduction a punishment for the sponsorship hearing that concludes this month? Or is that the likely penalty for the 115 charges?
Serie A werent afraid to dump their biggest clubs into Serie B. Not a chance in hell the EPL would want anything other then optical punishment and normal service as soon as possible.

About fecking time.

Absolutely over the nauseating City "love in" in the media and punditry. I'm guessing they can't say anything for legal reasons, but it's been absolutely sickening knowing all this is going on and watching everyone just brush it under the carpet every single year.

Rotten, evil little club. Kick them out of the league and don't allow them back in until they work their way up legitimately from the bottom, and their owners feck off.

If 115 charges of fraud etc results in 30 points, then I'd feel aggrieved as an Everton, Forest fan etc

30 points would also suggest that a team like Newcastle could have a massive blowout, spend obscene amounts of money, take the punishment, but long term, have progressed much quicker than they're doing now.

30 points would be a free ticket for teams like Chelsea etc to say feck it, one hampered season to hopefully build a foundation for years to come would be worth it

They'll get off with most of it.

I know it

You know it.

They know it.

Be great craic if they got nailed to the wall, still.

Absolutely over the nauseating City "love in" in the media and punditry.

Even without the 115 charges and other investigations into their wrongdoing, nobody should be waxing lyrical about city.

They're an advert for an abusive dictatorship. From a strictly sporting perspective, they've won because of money they did not earn.

Other than being shit for an aeon, and (for many) not being us, is there any redeeming quality to such a package?

While i can easily understand that certain clubs, like Newcastle, would love a rule change where they can pretty much invent whatever inflated sponsorship agreement they prefer, but i fail to see how it's in Ratcliffe's and our interest to side with them on the basis of "fear of over regulation". Makes zero sense.

Luton had a 30 point deduction a decade or so ago.
And they'd not led the league on a 15 year merry dance refusing to comply with requests for info, let alone the real stuff.

They'll probably get hit pretty hard, but will appeal, and most if not everything will go away, as always.

Seems like these big cases always get watered down in appeals.

They'll probably get hit pretty hard, but will appeal, and most if not everything will go away, as always.

Seems like these big cases always get watered down in appeals.
Pretty sure there’s no appeal function available to them following this.

This is what is due at the end of the month, not a verdict on 115 charges.

This might be the Chance for the EPL to relegate them and let them take their legal case to sue the PL into a new legal direction.

If relegated and found guilty the other 19 and other teams now in the Championship and league 1 could counter sue City for loss of revenue as they, Ciry had an unfair sporting advantage, they have the best legal team however if they are bang to rights with Certain charges and the pL have a witness like YA YA Toure, they might have wished they bought him that birthday cake?

Anything other than trophy stripping means nothing. It's the reason they cheat after all. Don't re-award them, just add a permanent asterisk. They won't have the balls though so football will die a bit more.

As I said I have no idea how justice system works in England. What I know is that this should be transparent. Regardless of how this case is viewed we know how important football is in England. That alone should matter. I would like to see more transparency in football overall. Starting with this, what is said in VAR room, transfer details and so on. The more transparency there is the better for football.

The justice system isn't involved.

Any chance we can have a Super League without these dirty, smug cheating financial fraudsters. Already accepted that Premier League are utterly gutless and won't make an example of them, they are too scared of middle east investment withdrawal, really sad state of affairs

Any chance we can have a Super League without these dirty, smug cheating financial fraudsters. Already accepted that Premier League are utterly gutless and won't make an example of them, they are too scared of middle east investment withdrawal, really sad state of affairs
If they somehow manage to weasel their way out of any serious consequences and just get a one off points deduction and a fine (which will be meaningless to them), I think a Super League without City is exactly what will happen.

The other clubs won't take it lying down - especially those who have missed out on trophies because of them, and clubs like Everton who have faced points deductions for far smaller offenses, yet fully cooperated with the League.

"If you're not going to look after us by dealing with these serial cheaters, then we'll go and take our business elsewhere".

From a strictly sporting perspective, they've won because of money they did not earn.
They've won relying on the likes of Us,Liverpool,Arsenal etc to get in the fanbase and hence the money.

Our success has directly led to the likes of Chelsea, Man City and Newcastle to pump in loads of illegal oil money to twist the league.

Sickening thing is they have got support from cowards like Villa, Newcastle and Everton, if ever it was true about Ratcliffe supporting them that would make me want to disown this club

Sickening thing is they have got support from cowards like Villa, Newcastle and Everton, if ever it was true about Ratcliffe supporting them that would make me want to disown this club

Yeah unless Jim is willing to pump city levels of money into the club I don’t see why he would be on their side