City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

All clubs contribute 5%, including City, to the Prem’s legal fees.

I think it’s City’s plan to be litigious as feck. There’s no limit on what they can spend on lawyers (as far as I’m aware) and their owners are literally the UAE state, so they can do this continuously theoretically.

Might have been an idea to place it in the rules that clubs legal fees come from their own profits and if they need help beyond that they can ask the PL for help.

If you lose a case the expenditure/full costs should definitely count towards FFP. Not sure it does though?

Very true, hope that’s what happens.
They might have to pay the PL’s costs if they lose as well.

It’s embarrassing the amount of people without the mental capacity to understand why it’s essential sports have a relative playing field for all participants.

Yeah that’s correct, but nothing stopping them from suing in other areas (I think?). As the Sheik said a few years ago, he’s happy to tie the Premier League up in court cases for as long as possible.

Any sanction on City will be met with significant legal challenge, just as Everton appealed its point deduction.

City have unlimited resources effectively, there’s no FFP on lawyers (as far as I’m aware).
Not sure about the appeal in this situation.

https://Twitter.com/slbsn/status/1798012690725523836?s=61&t=ZvGzfV2Qafn11jKrPfufuA

I'm playing dumb here, because I don't honestly know the time line.
If this rule was in force when City were initially promoted, wasn't that the time to complain about it?

or

If this rule was brought in after City were promoted, wasn't the time to complain about it was when it was proposed.

The same goes for the other clubs, like Villa and Newcastle, they sat in the meeting that accepted this rule.

The scariest part is that while they are corrupt, they are also very efficient at all the other things as an organization. I fully expect them to trump the PL in the legal battle.

The scariest part is that while they are corrupt, they are also very efficient at all the other things as an organization. I fully expect them to trump the PL in the legal battle.

Brown envelopes go a long way too. They're definitely winning this, and it's downhill from there for everyone else except them and Newcastle (maybe Chelsea too). Hard to see why anyone else is siding with them. Turkeys voting for Christmas springs to mind.

As long as a majority that includes United, Liverpool and Arsenal (or the established elite as that slimy pr@ck calls them) are together, City stands to lose from this regardless of the legal fallout. Fan power is what's going to burn them. The indignation will be to much to bear on the sporting side of things.

It's a clusterfeck. Why allow states buy clubs in the first place?

I'm playing dumb here, because I don't honestly know the time line.
If this rule was in force when City were initially promoted, wasn't that the time to complain about it?

or

If this rule was brought in after City were promoted, wasn't the time to complain about it was when it was proposed.

The same goes for the other clubs, like Villa and Newcastle, they sat in the meeting that accepted this rule.

The rule was brought in after the Newcastle takeover (rightly so). I can’t remember which way City voted, but they have obviously decided it doesn’t work for them and are challenging the nature and integrity of the system.

I imagine at the time they were content because they were winning and there would be less competition from Newcastle. Now they have some positions to fill and strengthening to do and probably want the very best available asap. They want to dominate the league, and to do so they have to maintain the levels they have now which takes money.

There’s also the added distraction to the premier league from the 115 case, which clearly plays a major part. The bubble could well burst after the result of that case and they will do everything they can to stop it.

Also, they have clearly realised that even winning a treble and four in a row they are still nowhere near as relevant as they thought they would be. Everyone admires the football and the achievement but still no one really cares about City in general. It probably gets under their skin a bit.

They will never be idolised for lifting a CL in the way Real Madrid are and the only way they ever will is if they keep winning and winning, which is only possible by being the most attractive club on a long-term basis which is where the dollar comes in.

Finally, they want to destroy the premier league ‘cartel’ by simply creating another one, that comes from money and power rather than accolades and prestige. Essentially they have gone nuclear.

It's a clusterfeck. Why allow states buy clubs in the first place?
That's what I've saying since day one but it's unbelievable the amount of people that think it's perfectly fine or have gone to some insane whataboutist lengths to justify it. Just ban it from now on. Newcastle and City can get grandfathered in provided they comply with the rules on sponsorships and marketing values.

As long as a majority that includes United, Liverpool and Arsenal (or the established elite as that slimy pr@ck calls them) are together, City stands to lose from this regardless of the legal fallout. Fan power is what's going to burn them. The indignation will be to much to bear on the sporting side of things.
They'll get a few boos for half a season and it will die down. What can the fans actually do? It has to be a mass revolt like the Super League, otherwise nothing will happen. I just don't see it.

It’s basically self serving bullshit, which you’d expect from billionaires, but especially our billionaire owners. From the sounds of it Chelsea wrote a statement regarding the Multiclub ownership aspect of the rules (I think there was a vote on this a few months ago, which is when I think this statement was sent to the PL about that specific aspect). Not sure it’s a direct support of City in their lawsuit against the PL, I think headline writers are taking a few liberties with the facts here.

IMG-3276.jpg

I think that’s right.

Clubs if asked for an opinion are perfectly within their rights to voice theirs. If you don’t want to hear others views don’t ask.

The rule was brought in after the Newcastle takeover (rightly so). I can’t remember which way City voted, but they have obviously decided it doesn’t work for them and are challenging the nature and integrity of the system.

I imagine at the time they were content because they were winning and there would be less competition from Newcastle. Now they have some positions to fill and strengthening to do and probably want the very best available asap. They want to dominate the league, and to do so they have to maintain the levels they have now which takes money.

There’s also the added distraction to the premier league from the 115 case, which clearly plays a major part. The bubble could well burst after the result of that case and they will do everything they can to stop it.

Also, they have clearly realised that even winning a treble and four in a row they are still nowhere near as relevant as they thought they would be. Everyone admires the football and the achievement but still no one really cares about City in general. It probably gets under their skin a bit.

They will never be idolised for lifting a CL in the way Real Madrid are and the only way they ever will is if they keep winning and winning, which is only possible by being the most attractive club on a long-term basis which is where the dollar comes in.

Finally, they want to destroy the premier league ‘cartel’ by simply creating another one, that comes from money and power rather than accolades and prestige. Essentially they have gone nuclear.
Strange that the impression is that they want to destroy a cartel that they themselves are now part of.
It stikes me a a somewhat immature business mentality to want to destroy the hand that feeds you.
It's also a strange mentalit to think that anyone bar you own fans think you have bought all the trophies and titles you have won, sure in the back of their minds they know this?

It's not even as if other sponsors are clamouring to be a sponsor, AFAIK, all of their sponsors are directly connected to the Mansours financially.

They are clearly set out to fk up anyone with power - the big clubs, the Premier League, UEFA etc. If they dont win this battle they will just keep going in other ways. Maybe start their own league. Everyone will laugh because they think it will be Newcastle, Man City and Girona but a few quid and Barca will go running and so will other clubs. Then they can attract all the top talent. Thats the end of football as we know it. It will be the Saudi European Super League. Seems dramatic but look what they already have done and think what they can do with an endless supply of money.

Facts, United, i hate Liverpool but they stand for the good of football, Arsenal too, as long as those clubs are able to put pressure on the EPL, they'll do right for the footballing pyramid.

They are clearly set out to fk up anyone with power - the big clubs, the Premier League, UEFA etc. If they dont win this battle they will just keep going in other ways. Maybe start their own league. Everyone will laugh because they think it will be Newcastle, Man City and Girona but a few quid and Barca will go running and so will other clubs. Then they can attract all the top talent. Thats the end of football as we know it. It will be the Saudi European Super League. Seems dramatic but look what they already have done and think what they can do with an endless supply of money.
Good riddance

Surely this lawsuit is them getting scared about these charges? Will they argue the charges are more mute or is this too do with current APT? Rather than the historic rules there are charged under.

The rest should just break off and form their own PL . It would be just as popular.
It's a great opportunity to make things a lot better.

Form a new league, no 3pm blackout, Netflix style streaming service. Full FFP & PSR rules. Watertight protections against state ownership. No multi club ownership. Relegation/promotion from Championship. Fan share scheme maybe?

Can slap ineos on our shirts Jim can give us at much money as he likes
It wouldn't benefit us as we don't need to hyper inflate sponsorships to spend.
Also I don't think it's all that good for City, considering the money Newcastle have..

Strange that the impression is that they want to destroy a cartel that they themselves are now part of.
It stikes me a a somewhat immature business mentality to want to destroy the hand that feeds you.
It's also a strange mentalit to think that anyone bar you own fans think you have bought all the trophies and titles you have won, sure in the back of their minds they know this?

It's not even as if other sponsors are clamouring to be a sponsor, AFAIK, all of their sponsors are directly connected to the Mansours financially.

I think it also comes down to club prestige though. They maybe be part of the cartel in terms of recent success but they will never be in the same league as United and Liverpool. For example, United just finished 8th and we still make the headlines more than anything they do. City aren’t going to be as relevant as they want to be until they can change the entire landscape to suit them.

If the league becomes a league where the billionaires control it, City become the top dogs because the other top clubs aren’t really in the equation any more. The other richest clubs can spend at will and suddenly the old elite start falling down her pecking order. This is exactly what City have in mind when they talk about disrupting the football cartel.

In reality what then would probably happen is we start to see more state backed clubs and everything just gets even more ridiculous than it already is.

Well what we know: Chelsea, Aston Villa and Newcastle are backing City
The following clubs are backing the P.L - United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Brighton, Wolves and Fulham (and between 4-6 unnamed clubs in addition)

Borson made an interesting point yesterday, City are technically paying the Premier League lawyers (due to the PL members funding the case) to argue against them in some part :lol:

With all this going on, I can see Pep moving on after next season.

Facts, United, i hate Liverpool but they stand for the good of football, Arsenal too, as long as those clubs are able to put pressure on the EPL, they'll do right for the footballing pyramid.

City’s net spend since pep took over is 4th. At the end of the day given United’s net spend they should have done better.

Arsenal, Liverpool and United have all wrangled the FFP rules to their own advantage(amongst other things, e.g. cup rules) , whilst hiding behind sponsors from unethical companies with sweat shops / funding terrorists etc. Then cry foul because City have spent less(but more than you’d like) and dared to get into the self appointed elite. The only thing you lot care about is your position.

The teams in the league who are supporting City make sense to me. If you want the rest of the league on side introduce a wage cap and salary cap that is obtainable for everyone! or why shouldn’t we want to burn it down? the rest are damned if we do and damned if we don’t.

Crying about your own position being taken whilst trying to pull up the draw bridge on everyone else is hilarious. Also Liverpool’s sponsor being linked to terrorism is a big deal, people cry about betting companies yet turn a blind eye to this it seems. Frankly, it’s all disgusting.

https://www.givemesport.com/every-p...et-spend-since-pep-guardiola-joined-man-city/

Because The Daily Mail said so?

The news from a reliable Newcastle journalist yesterday was that Newcastle aren’t backing City.

They probably haven’t sided with anyone at the moment, they have nothing to lose by sitting back and seeing how it plays out first.

The news from a reliable Newcastle journalist yesterday was that Newcastle aren’t backing City.

They probably haven’t sided with anyone at the moment, they have nothing to lose by sitting back and seeing how it plays out first.

I definitely have beef with the premier League regarding sponsorships after they rejected us having Paramount but allowed Infinite Athlete (whoever the feck they are).

I was sure about it before this happened but now I am not. Football is a cornerstone for English culture and they let these lot in their den. A case that could have resulted in a slap on the wrist is now a bigger deal now because of City's latest actions. City winning this case means EPL will become nothing more than a head to head battle ground between Saudis and Abu Dhabi.