City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

Assuming they'll get at least a 1 point deduction, would they have any reason to apply it next season rather than this?

So reading the articles, even though the pl has no statute of limitations. The fraud and civil law of England has 6 years which is as of next month will be 6 years from when the Der Spiegel article first came out. It looks like everything they've been doing was delaying to get to this date.

Therefore to me it also looks like they'll get away with the majority of it again, with their fans and the club claiming exoneration again.

I hope someone on here will correct me and show me where this is incorrect.

So reading the articles, even though the pl has no statute of limitations. The fraud and civil law of England has 6 years which is as of next month will be 6 years from when the Der Spiegel article first came out. It looks like everything they've been doing was delaying to get to this date.

Therefore to me it also looks like they'll get away with the majority of it again, with their fans and the club claiming exoneration again.

Wouldn't surprise me. But when does the statute start from?

Proceedings have already started, so surely a statute of limitations wouldn't apply.

Deny everything for the last 6 years , then get to the 5 th November and then admit the most blantant charges and liablity, safe in the knoweledge that they can't be sued by third parties, and after this use the best lawyers to argue the minimum punishment possible for them, is that what they are saying?

Proceedings have already started, so surely a statute of limitations wouldn't apply.
Well… but the Der Spiegel article isn’t when the offenses occurred. 6 years since the article. Which means most likely at least 7 or 8 years since the offenses. I don’t remember the article verbatim, but I thought it dealt with mostly with stuff from around 2014 and earlier.

If the 6 year statute of limitations thing on stuff like fraud is true … that cuts out a huge part of what I felt like they could pin them on.

Well… but the Der Spiegel article isn’t when the offenses occurred. 6 years since the article. Which means most likely at least 7 or 8 years since the offenses. I don’t remember the article verbatim, but I thought it dealt with mostly with stuff from around 2014 and earlier.

If the 6 year statute of limitations thing on stuff like fraud is true … that cuts out a huge part of what I felt like they could pin them on.
Doesn't concealment amend the timings?