City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

All those people that were pro-Glazer because they knew how to get us more sponsorship than anyone else, where have they gone? Forget the oil clubs, I'm just looking at the top 3, we're way behind.

Maybe lack of success is starting to overrule our large fan base and parade sizes?

Nah. Must be something else.

Im looking at their parade then I look at their commercial numbers and simply dont believe it.

Of the clubs that make €300m + Commercially this is how they stack up…

B Munich - €419m
Barcelona - €412m
Real Madrid - €402m
PSG - €400m
Man City - €399m
Man Utd - €355m

Source:https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pag.../articles/deloitte-football-money-league.html

Im sorry but I do not believe PSG and Man City are able to attract nearly as much sponsorship etc as the 3 clubs above them. PSG especially now that Messi/Neymay/Mbappe are gone should see their commercial number drop way down.

Their Asia illegal betting partner was bidding against Etihad trying to be the main sponsor.

Why would commercial revenue not rely on on-the-field success? If your club is constantly on the TV going far in competitions, winning trophies, having world class and well-known players in the squad, it stands to reason that companies would look to partner with and pay such clubs for exposure. And those factors would be more pertinent than historical success, otherwise why is AC Milan and Ajax not on this list?

Edit: this did not apply in 2010 of course. Speaking about today.

Im not saying it shouldnt rely on field success I just question how much it does. Real Madrid have been as successful if not more than Man City of recent times and have baked in support world wide. Yet they are just about beating City to the money.

My uneducated mind tells me that having Messi, Neymar and Mbappe is very valuable and I can probably justify PSGs numbers just by looking at those three. Man City have at most Haaland who is in the same category as those 3 when it comes to popularity. So either they are negotiating the most incredible deals or PSG were doing bad deals.

Why would commercial revenue not rely on on-the-field success? If your club is constantly on the TV going far in competitions, winning trophies, having world class and well-known players in the squad, it stands to reason that companies would look to partner with and pay such clubs for exposure. And those factors would be more pertinent than historical success, otherwise why is AC Milan and Ajax not on this list?

Edit: this did not apply in 2010 of course. Speaking about today.

Surely we would be much further down if that was the case, our on field performance has been dreadful for over a decade, yet we are still right up there.

Only one thing truly punishes them, and that's to take away trophies. That says...all your cheating, it was all for nothing. The rest is pointless...even relegation; they are back the next year. Take away this 4 year run of theirs.

Yeah absolutely but sadly can't see them ever getting the Lance Armstrong treatment. Would also love to see how pundits lost their tongues over this tainted City era.

Yeah absolutely but sadly can't see them ever getting the Lance Armstrong treatment. Would also love to see how pundits lost their tongues over this tainted City era.
Other teams in the Premiership are very quiet as well. You would think the owners of the other teams in the league, apart from some obvious exceptions, would be up in arms over this, unless there are rumblings in the background.

Other teams in the Premiership are very quiet as well. You would think the owners of the other teams in the league, apart from some obvious exceptions, would be up in arms over this, unless there are rumblings in the background.

Yeah or an acceptance City lawyers are too powerful

Did Southampton just activate a 20 million clause on one of City's complete unknown players?
How the feck do they do this? Another sham to "balance" the books?

Im not saying it shouldnt rely on field success I just question how much it does. Real Madrid have been as successful if not more than Man City of recent times and have baked in support world wide. Yet they are just about beating City to the money.

My uneducated mind tells me that having Messi, Neymar and Mbappe is very valuable and I can probably justify PSGs numbers just by looking at those three. Man City have at most Haaland who is in the same category as those 3 when it comes to popularity. So either they are negotiating the most incredible deals or PSG were doing bad deals.
Going by those figures Real did beat City to the money, not just about do it.

Quality control
Not being funny but we sound and look like bitter little children who have had their toy taken from them.
Is that all we can level at Citeh? You know, the club we used to laugh at for decades!
We sound like berties, you know their miserable and bitter fans we used to love winding up in the 90s and 00s, they'd come back at us with you bought the league and you bought this. Well, that's what I encountered whenever I had the misfortune of meeting one of the softarses.
We just need to take our medicine and stop looking like petulant children.

Not being funny but we sound and look like bitter little children who have had their toy taken from them.
Is that all we can level at Citeh? You know, the club we used to laugh at for decades!
We sound like berties, you know their miserable and bitter fans we used to love winding up in the 90s and 00s, they'd come back at us with you bought the league and you bought this. Well, that's what I encountered whenever I had the misfortune of meeting one of the softarses.

That was pure conspiracy. Fergie was buying refs, Fergie time etc.

This is reality. 115 charges worth of reality. It's not comparable at all.

They've been accused of breaking the rules 115 times, and are now purely a vessal for sportswashing, what are you talking about.

All those people that were pro-Glazer because they knew how to get us more sponsorship than anyone else, where have they gone? Forget the oil clubs, I'm just looking at the top 3, we're way behind.
CL versus Europa money will be the big difference there.

What? That they are the biggest cheats sport has seen outside of government sponsored doping in gymnastics?

It seems to evade many that it's not their success that bothers the majority, it's that they have, and are, cheating.

Don't sign up to the rules in place and do everything in your vast power to then break those rules and hide your wrongdoing, and there is no outcry and uproar.

Did Southampton just activate a 20 million clause on one of City's complete unknown players?
How the feck do they do this? Another sham to "balance" the books?

Southampton have given City close to £50 in under two years for their reserve players.

Bazanu - £15m
Charles - £10.5m-£15m
Harwood-Bells - £20m

That's without loans fees.

Something is definitely fishy here, they got Burney to pay £20m for Trafford last year.

Meanwhile, we let Alvaro Fernandez go to Benfica for €6m.

Southampton have given City close to £50 in under two years for their reserve players.

Bazanu - £15m
Charles - £10.5m-£15m
Harwood-Bells - £20m

That's without loans fees.

Something is definitely fishy here, they got Burney to pay £20m for Trafford last year.

Meanwhile, we let Alvaro Fernandez go to Benfica for €6m.
Anyone in Saints' staff that has links to City's?

I get what you’re saying, and think there’s an element of truth here.

But they juiced the system and broke the rules to do so.

Looking at what they’re doing now (not that illegal from a position of strength) obfuscates what they did initially, and sounds like a conspiracy / paranoia.

This aligns with their delaying strategy., the longer it drags out the further the juicing fades in the rear-view mirror.

That initial jack from council stadium squatters to world powerhouse is bent as feck, if it’s against the rules they deserve both barrels.
If not, fair play. Good luck to them and their fans.

Do we believe things are actually happening in the background here? Everytime we get news it goes silent for months again.

If they were found guilty, why can’t the PL say that City won’t be able to participate in the PL until they get new owners?

Maybe Southampton will soon receive a lucrative summer tour offer in Abu Dhabi as a thank you for those massively inflated fees. A "you helped us with FFP so here's something you can use for your books that won't affect our books." ;)

Or Southampton will get an Asian Illegal Betting company as partner soon.

Problem is, Everton & Forest have set in stone been deducted points and fined and whilst that didn't end up relegating them it does screw the PL if Citeh get away with it, just open it up to be fined and an entire mess

What I don't understand is if you're going to fecking do dodgy shit that ranges from "morally very dubious" to "Blatant rule breaking", why the hell would you leave a paper trail via 6.5 million emails over 10 years?

I mean, what the hell? Do phone calls and word of mouth not work anymore?

What I don't understand is if you're going to fecking do dodgy shit that ranges from "morally very dubious" to "Blatant rule breaking", why the hell would you leave a paper trail via 6.5 million emails over 10 years?

I mean, what the hell? Do phone calls and word of mouth not work anymore?

They knew:

a) the league isn't bothered
b) if the league is bothered then they know they have the best lawyers to drag this for years which is whats happening

Total disregard for rules

Big difference is that City have cheated

Big difference is that City have cheated
Funny that needed spelling out, isn't it?

Baseless accusations of favouritism from bitter blues 20 years ago isn't the same as us pointing to the mountains of evidence as well as actual charges against them based on that evidence and saying it very much appears that they have cheated their way to success. Either that or it's been a massive coincidence that they suddenly became very good and able to attract the best players in the world after they were bought by a ludicrously wealthy nation state.

How you can compare City fans being upset at our nonstop success (which was a mix of being the most supported club in England - even when we went down - a GOAT manager, good buying, timing of first league title for ages v SKY/PL start, youth, etc) to fans being rightly upset at cheating in a grand scale, is beyond me.

It’s the sort of thing I’d expect from a non fan who was trolling

They knew:

a) the league isn't bothered
b) if the league is bothered then they know they have the best lawyers to drag this for years which is whats happening

Total disregard for rules

It's more likely that they didn't take cyber security very seriously back then considering how Der Spiegel got hold of the emails.