City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

Nah it isn’t. It’s great advice if you wanna get something done and dusted and get your property back. If you are innocent in the case he explained. If you hand over your phone with PIN code the investigation is over far quicker and you get your phone back. There’s plenty legislation to use to seize your phone and there’s even a separate offence for refusing to provide PIN codes to enter said phone. Solicitors would actually advise cooperating so long as course if said suspect was innocent.

I thought for a second that, maybe things are different in the UK... turns out they are not.

And your last statement is basically you agreeing with me. If your solicitor advises you to cooperate, you can do so knowing that it is in your best interest. As a layman, you don't know what you're up against.

Beyond City, there is a larger question of who we let buy our businesses. Especially, some of our iconic ones around the country like long standing football clubs.

No Abramovich, No Usmanov, No Dubai, No Saudi state. At least do some basic diligence and apply common sense. No obvious crooks, no states.

No fecking Glazers too! Those are real thieves! At least the others invested their money (clean or not is different discussion altogether). The Glazers just rob and rob. And leave us slow bleed to death.

I thought for a second that, maybe things are different in the UK... turns out they are not.

And your last statement is basically you agreeing with me. If your solicitor advises you to cooperate, you can do so knowing that it is in your best interest. As a layman, you don't know what you're up against.

I don't really trust anyone with my data other than myself. I am probably the exception as I see most of my friends freely give out all kinds of information on FB etc..So I would be naturally more careful to just hand over the PIN to my phone, lawyer present or not. I definitely would want to be there and Id want a very narrow appropriate scope to the search.

I don't think there is anything wrong with asking your attorney to be there at the time. If there was a life or death situation like in the movies I could be convinced but otherwise there is no harm taking the safe route.

When you put it like that yeah. Though yeah if you’re innocent and know it, it’s not a bad decision to still not seek legal advice in this specific circumstance.

What I’d like to know is why Everton and forest keep getting punished but not a single word about city

What I’d like to know is why Everton and forest keep getting punished but not a single word about city
As has been said multiple times, they admitted guilt, City haven't

Last edited:
It might be a case of they've been charged further, I think and it seems the punishment may come up quicker than the 115. Which is still ridiculous.

Ah yes, so you agree that if cooperating is not in your best interest, ie. there's illegal/dodgy things you might not want them to find out about (whether related to the accusation or not), then don't cooperate.... As City have done.

The more you think about it, the more bizarre and embarrassing for English football this is.

115 charges and still allowed to function and continue in the meantime as if nothing has happened.

A criminal in such circumstances would have bail conditions and some kind of restrictions whilst this went to court. It really is a disgrace.

Can't wait until these cnuts are relegated/liquidated and we never have to hear their club legend Noel Gallagher giving us his expert football opinion again.

The funny thing about City is if they completely vanished from the sport nobody would really miss them. If Liverpool went it'd be funny but you would sort of miss the rivalry. Not this lot however. The most plastic of the plastic clubs.

The more you think about it, the more bizarre and embarrassing for English football this is.

115 charges and still allowed to function and continue in the meantime as if nothing has happened.

A criminal in such circumstances would have bail conditions and some kind of restrictions whilst this went to court. It really is a disgrace.

I still have hope they'll get their comeuppance eventually.

You simply can't be charged with 115 financial breaches and get off with a 10 point deduction and a fine. Relegation should be the bare minimum.

It’s so hard rooting for City in this match. I’m almost rooting for united for the first time in my life.

Give in to the dark side...
They win an ETH keeps his job citing progress what could be going forward. But I just want City to get punched in the nose in a final. Knocked out of the Cl when favored and knocked out of the FA Cup by inferior city neighbors would have to hurt.

Inhalers being readied their dressing room. Envelopes being stuffed with cash for the refs. Oil tankers with bows on being sent from the gulf. Can we resist the cheats 2nd half.

And here's ESPN's Luis Miguel Echegaray this morning praising City with only a briefest mention of the charges. It's comical how the media just fall in line.
I don’t usually like Craig Burley at Espn as he mostly behaves like a Liverpool and City loving twat. But he tore into City a week or two back which was wonderful to see - more pundits need to grow a pair and call City’s bullshit out.

They win an ETH keeps his job citing progress what could be going forward. But I just want City to get punched in the nose in a final. Knocked out of the Cl when favored and knocked out of the FA Cup by inferior city neighbors would have to hurt.
He probably won’t keep his job. It’ll be a lot like Van Gaal.

Wasn’t sure where to put this and didn’t think it needed it’s own thread but overnight, went from 2000/1 down to 10/1 to get relegated. They are currently 25/1 to get relegated

Something is stirring

Wasn’t sure where to put this and didn’t think it needed it’s own thread but overnight, went from 2000/1 down to 10/1 to get relegated. They are currently 25/1 to get relegated

Something is stirring

Doesn't mean anything on it's own.

Not many people are putting any reasonable amount of money on this outcome, so all it takes is for 1 person to make a "feck it" bet and lob 1k on it happening, it shifts the odds completely.

Doesn't mean anything on it's own.

Not many people are putting any reasonable amount of money on this outcome, so all it takes is for 1 person to make a "feck it" bet and lob 1k on it happening, it shifts the odds completely.

From 2000/1 to 25/1???

I am no expert but I seriously doubt that one person lumping on city to get relegated at 2000/1 makes that much difference

Probably bookies covering their arse.

People might be tempted to chuck 10,20 quid on at 2000/1 due to the charges.

Probably bookies covering their arse.

People might be tempted to chuck 10,20 quid on at 2000/1 due to the charges.

Again, doesn’t seem right.

They had the charged months ago. This is an overnight thing that hasn’t changed back.

Just feels like some people know something.

Time will tell

Id be fine with them getting the Juventus treatment after calciopoli BUT end up struggling to get back to PL for eternity. No amount of trophies revoke can be as satisfying as never seeing Man City in PL ever again. Ideally both should happen.

If they do get relegaterelegated their titles should be stripped as well, all 8 of them.

If City really get massive point deductions, the PL needs to ensure any unutilised deductions continue to be applicable until every point is used and cap the deduction to Zero (not to allow negative points)
For example they get 150 points deductions from the charges. They earned 85 points in the season, they get deducted 85 points and relegated. In the event they managed to climb back to PL, the next season they will be deducted the remaining 65 points.
Otherwise there is no real impact to them, they can take a break for a season in Championship and come back to spoil the PL again. The punishment is not justifiable for the decade of alleged fradulent reporting and gaming of the system.
Of course the best easiest straightforward way is issue an outright ban from PL for a no of years (eg. 5 years). They are only allowed back when they have submitted sufficient audited evidence to prove that they are compliant of the current ffp rules.

Haha, saw that coming. 115 charges…

That is why I have always been against clubs being owned by stated-owned institutions. I have no idea how that was even approved in the first place. Couldnt they have expect there will be some form of foreign political influence and intervention at some point of time?
Apart from the potential political influence, there is no club that can possibly compete with the resources of a state. They are just allowing the game to be ruined. However, I'm not sure how they can reverse that now since they already allowed City and Newcastle to do so. If no concrete punishments are given to City, we can foresee more clubs in the PL will be owned by other States, it will be a mini World Cup for those States that can't produce their own national team to compete in the World Cup and international stage.

From 2000/1 to 25/1???

I am no expert but I seriously doubt that one person lumping on city to get relegated at 2000/1 makes that much difference

If one bet superceeds all the volumetric liquidity on a pool for the preceeding months, yes, 2000/1 > 25/1 is easily achievable.

From 2000/1 to 25/1???

Let me give you a bit of context.

Remember when Leicester won the league? The odds were 5000/1. Do you know how many people placed a bet? 1 person. £50. The next day, this 1 person betting reduced the odds to 2000/1.

1 other person making a bet of £1000 would have reduced to odds to 100/1.

2 bets totally £1050 can reduce odds from 5000/1 to 100/1, yes.

This lot needs sorting in the summer before league starts.. I know what I'd do, because there guilty and they know it everyone does.

I'd let them keep there hollow trophies.. but it dock them 35pts for 3 season 35pts each season, plus I'd give them same transfer ban 3 years....

This won't happen but that's what I'd do.

If one bet superceeds all the volumetric liquidity on a pool for the preceeding months, yes, 2000/1 > 25/1 is easily achievable.
Let me give you a bit of context.

Remember when Leicester won the league? The odds were 5000/1. Do you know how many people placed a bet? 1 person. £50. The next day, this 1 person betting reduced the odds to 2000/1.

1 other person making a bet of £1000 would have reduced to odds to 100/1.

2 bets totally £1050 can reduce odds from 5000/1 to 100/1, yes.

Fair enough. Clearly it is possible then