City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

No you're not. You're sitting on a throne right now lobbing grapes into your mouth, cackling loudly into the sky.

Replace grapes with cider and cackling with burping and you've nailed it.

I mean realistically they're going to win the league again next season. Arsenal are there closest challengers and they're a good imitation of City but they lack or are similar in almost every department in comparison, except for Saka where Arsenal are better.

If they get a clinical striker in they might have a chance, but failing that it's 95% likely to be City again next season.
You don't consider Haaland a clinical striker then?

Wonder what the chances of an Armstrong like punishment and them getting stripped of their titles actually are, because no more Treble and no more four peat would be hilarious.

Replace grapes with cider and cackling with burping and you've nailed it.
As a city fan, (I don't know any others), how do you explain their meteoric rise from near bankruptcy to record breakers in such a short space of time ?
To the rest of us football fans (in general) it seems a bit of a coincidence.
Do you, as a City fan, believe that ALL the finances are legal (in the football world) and all above board, or is there an element of doubt in your mind?
There are after all 115 charges of breaches, now all I know is, if I were innocent, I would make sure I presented evidence to prove I was, not stall court proceedings on technicalities, to me and a lot of fans it stinks of guilt. To us other fans it appears your Sheikh Mansour has been playing football manager on cheat mode, and been found out.

Wonder what the chances of an Armstrong like punishment and them getting stripped of their titles actually are, because no more Treble and no more four peat would be hilarious.
I'd love to see that, but I'm 67, and I very much doubt it will happen, I think I've got more chance of shagging Taylor Swift

Okay, have fun watching City break every record United have then, you do you.
But yeah that’s a good point. They’ve already broken one of our records, after matching two of them last season. Who’s to say that they won’t break more. I know that they’re technically illegitimate, but most other football fans won’t view it that way unfortunately, and neither will the history books.

Most of the charges relate to a period before the last few years don't they?
The only charges between 2018-23 are about not cooperating with the FA investigations.

So there's zero chance anything since 2018 can be scrapped trophy wise.

It's ridiculous for their title wins to stand considering how close 4 out of 6 of them were.

Most of the charges relate to a period before the last few years don't they?
The only charges between 2018-23 are about not cooperating with the FA investigations.

So there's zero chance anything since 2018 can be scrapped trophy wise.
It depends what the knock on effects of the sanctions are, if you consider what happened to Forest and Everton for what were less serious breaches, City could cease to exist in its present form

As a city fan, (I don't know any others), how do you explain their meteoric rise from near bankruptcy to record breakers in such a short space of time ?
To the rest of us football fans (in general) it seems a bit of a coincidence.
Do you, as a City fan, believe that ALL the finances are legal (in the football world) and all above board, or is there an element of doubt in your mind?
There are after all 115 charges of breaches, now all I know is, if I were innocent, I would make sure I presented evidence to prove I was, not stall court proceedings on technicalities, to me and a lot of fans it stinks of guilt. To us other fans it appears your Sheikh Mansour has been playing football manager on cheat mode, and been found out.

That's easy mate, you're spot on total coincidence. We got bought by Abu Dhabi and then we did some "creative" accounting. All above board and legal mind. Everyone's just out to get us! Fake charges handcrafted by Alex Ferguson and sent to his illuminati subordinate Richard Masters so his best friend Jurgen Teeth could knock Liverpool back on their perch.
Seriously though you only have to look through the thread to see what I believe and the above is not it..

That's easy mate, you're spot on total coincidence. We got bought by Abu Dhabi and then we did some "creative" accounting. All above board and legal mind. Everyone's just out to get us! Fake charges handcrafted by Alex Ferguson and sent to his illuminati subordinate Richard Masters so his best friend Jurgen Teeth could knock Liverpool back on their perch.
Seriously though you only have to look through the thread to see what I believe and the above is not it..
:lol:

It depends what the knock on effects of the sanctions are, if you consider what happened to Forest and Everton for what were less serious breaches, City could cease to exist in its present form

Calm down. There's no chance they'll cease to be.

The romantic version is they get kicked out of the premier league, the football league refuse to have them in the championship and they have to start in non league.
And their owners get banned.

But that's all United fan wishful thinking.

Calm down. There's no chance they'll cease to be.

The romantic version is they get kicked out of the premier league, the football league refuse to have them in the championship and they have to start in non league.
And their owners get banned.

But that's all United fan wishful thinking.
You are forgetting what happened to Rangers.
They had to have a complete reboot.
It all depends on how big the FA's balls are, I have a sneaking suspicion they are the size of peas

It all depends on how big the FA's balls are, I have a sneaking suspicion they are the size of peas
Man, I’d love if the Rangers treatment happened to City.

Unfortunately I can’t see that happening at all, neither can I even see them being punished like Juventus were in 2005.

They owed a massive tax bill didn't they and essentially went bankrupt?
That's the last thing that'll happen to City!

Look at the table and the 2 asteriks with points deductions. Give city either of those light deductions and 'the best league achievement ever' doesn't happen.

If you can't see how a side with 115 charges just remaining winning for 2 years is anything but shambolic and making the league absolutely pointless, then you need your head examined.

Plenty talk about a slap on the wrist. If they'd gotten a slap on the wrist like the 3 points fecking Middlesbrough were deducted in the 90s, then arsenal would have just ended a 20 year title drought!

Its is utterly crazy.

I was sat on Chapel Street outside a pub showing at full-time, admittedly Salford, but you couldn't even hear as much as a distant cheer. It was probably going wild in Brinnington.

If city got the same punishment as either of these clubs last september, then arsenal are champions. We're currently watching a sport that the closest equivalent would be an athlete winning every gold at the olympics for years, and the governing body saying 'we think they're doping' but we won't tell you for another few years. In the meantime they'll be competing and winning, and it would be great if you could all get on board.

It simply would not happen in any other sport and I cant for the life of me figure out why since the start of the season every single club joined to insist a resolution before another season started without it. Its head spinning

I was sat on Chapel Street outside a pub showing at full-time, admittedly Salford, but you couldn't even hear as much as a distant cheer. It was probably going wild in Brinnington.

They had to cover nearly a full stand with flags for a cup semi final v chelsea. They all but give tickets away to try fill their stadium. But you know, they're more commercially attractive than Madrid and Barcelona...

We can circlejerk about their charges all we want, but the reality is 99% of fans don't give a shit about financial regulations, and if we don't get our act together, they will eventually surpass our domestic and European titles.

Sick of hearing media calling them a machine, juggernaut, etc.

Chris Wood's hat trick of misses and Son Heung Min's hilarious 1 on 1 attempt along with countless dubious refereeing decisions going their way won them the league imo. And this is supposedly the greatest ever Premier league side which the media is jerking off about?

I can't imagine him staying longer either. His greatest rival just left. He set the all time record for most consecutive titles and got the one trophy he wanted to win at City - the UCL - part of his second treble. I imagine that his motivation won't be the same.

Maybe that's what made Ferguson special (not that Pep and Klopp are not). Its hard to keep yourself and your team motivated year after year.

If city got the same punishment as either of these clubs last september, then arsenal are champions. We're currently watching a sport that the closest equivalent would be an athlete winning every gold at the olympics for years, and the governing body saying 'we think they're doping' but we won't tell you for another few years. In the meantime they'll be competing and winning, and it would be great if you could all get on board.

It simply would not happen in any other sport and I cant for the life of me figure out why since the start of the season every single club joined to insist a resolution before another season started without it. Its head spinning

Sheer incompetence from the PL.

Given how they've handled cases with Everton and Nottingham Forest...

With the increased chatter around the charges (it's been more than a year right???) imagine if the PL got flustered into the worst possible resolution by just pressing the eject button and settling with them for a large fine only and no admission of guilt

Last edited:
Sheer incompetence from the PL.

Given how they've handled cases with Everton and Nottingham Forest...

put it this way, if city get docked 4 points in november for example , Arsenal were simply TIME away from wining the title. its absurd. Not to mention that 4 points deduction would be an insult to football, but even something that small would be consequential this season.

put it this way, if city get docked 4 points in november for example , Arsenal were simply TIME away from wining the title. its absurd. Not to mention that 4 points deduction would be an insult to football, but even something that small would be consequential this season.

Agreed

Pep is a cheater who's gone for low hanging fruit since Barca. The path of least resistance. That's the type of person and manager that he is. Which is why he was never going to accept the United job.

You can say a lot of things about Pep but this just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. It's like saying that Ronaldo should've signed for Sevilla after he left United but he chose the path of least resistance that guaranteed him a ton of trophies and glory instead.

Good analogy, and I've said the same thing for ages.

I can only imagine that the PL were praying that they didn't win it this season, as it's made the whole thing a joke, and them look incredibly weak, add in them punishing Forest and Everton with a points deduction that would have seen the finish second if they'd got the same treatment for dealing with just a couple of their charges this season, to add to the comedy.

Strange timing for Pep to announce he might leave soon. If you're a City fan, it surely puts a bit of a damper on your celebrations this evening.

Pep will make his decision based on how the 115 changes turns out. No way does he stay if they are guilty. You jump off the ship and at least act like you dont know what's going on.

Strange timing for Pep to announce he might leave soon. If you're a City fan, it surely puts a bit of a damper on your celebrations this evening.
Doesn't he say something to that effect every year? Feel like he's always moaning about something.