City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

it's surely pretty obvious to anyone that these clubs owned by liars, that lie about their attendance figures, that lie about their sponsorship deals, that skirt the age rules to get under 18 SA players ... also lie about the amount of money they get from selling players too? I've said as much in the Juventus, Barcelona, Chelsea threads: the numbers at these clubs don't add up unless they are basically just making everything up as they go along to meet financial fair play.

Or do you really believe that they are "well run"? The sheer amount of money that gets pumped into them should spark alarm bells otherwise. I've never forgotten seeing the police attendance figures for Manchester City football club Vs their reported attendance. The entire thing is a sham. We "barely make any money" because we report the REAL figures. Try not to be fooled by the bullshit.
If I‘m reading this thread right, there should be more than 115 charges by now.

It‘s logical to assume they cheat wherever they can get away with it.

They are not to be trusted.

imo there are 19 teams in the PL next season, City is a fake team.

I think there's a need for stepping back a bit and thinking things through rationally with regards to this kind of post, City are cheats but why do you think this is dodgey?

Wilcox isn't some kind of City sleeper agent, he was a Director at their academy and so will know a) who the best young players are and b) who they don't think will make it to the first team and is for sale. £10m plus add ons is not a big fee. Not everything needs a tin foil hat, that's what RAWK is for.

I don't think the poster meant it as a conspiracy theory. Rather, there are ex-City guys at those clubs now who obviously have good connections to City and their academy players. Probably a bias towards them too.

I don't think it's unfair to say that going for these inexperienced guys for the prices quoted isn't always the smartest thing to do. Why not just try a loan with an option to buy first? Lavia worked out I suppose, but Soton still got relegated.

Although, on a side note, Lavia signed for City when he was 16 from Anderlecht, so the latter did most of the work developing him. He was just passing through at City and made them a bit of profit.

How can any other club get punished for ffp while this stand off with City goes on…?

As bizarre as it sounds, it would probably benefit other Top 4 clubs to purposely breach ffp to a lesser degree than City and tempt punishment in order to ensure City get properly taken out.

But as it stands I don’t understand why any club should follow ffp to the letter, what’s the point?

And if City get a fine for 115 charges, moving forward, how can any team be punished more harshly than that without it being basically an admission of corruption / bribery at the highest levels?

How can any other club get punished for ffp while this stand off with City goes on…?

As bizarre as it sounds, it would probably benefit other Top 4 clubs to purposely breach ffp to a lesser degree than City and tempt punishment in order to ensure City get properly taken out.

But as it stands I don’t understand why any club should follow ffp to the letter, what’s the point?

And if City get a fine for 115 charges, moving forward, how can any team be punished more harshly than that without it being basically an admission of corruption / bribery at the highest levels?

There is no point. I hope that's the conclusion all teams take. Open the floodgates. Is the PL going to kick out 20 teams from the league if they all violate FFP?

It defies logic. Every player they buy, Grealish aside who had a buyout clause, is for a relative bargain price. Every player they sell goes for a good price. Their wage bill is less than ours despite having two top class players in every position.

You’d think they were making things up if they weren’t so ‘well run’

It defies logic. Every player they buy, Grealish aside who had a buyout clause, is for a relative bargain price. Every player they sell goes for a good price. Their wage bill is less than ours despite having two top class players in every position.

You’d think they were making things up if they weren’t so ‘well run’
Word is they are playing their players two salaries: one is off the books.

How often do you watch Southampton, or Bazunu for that matter? Did McCarthy do any better when he came in to the team instead?

I wouldn't judge Bazunu on one season with the worst defence in the league in front of him. There's a reason he was Portsmouth's player of the season the year before and why he's also Ireland's number one.
Who did he have to beat out for those lofty perches? :lol:

‘The Premier League and The Champions League were supposed to protect the status quo for the old guard. Instead, a club like City has emerged from the shadows and is now eating handsomely at the top table. The last 10 to 12 years must have been very painful viewing for the people associated with the old guard clubs. A pain that is so intense that they would take their battle against City off the pitch in order to try to remove City from the top echelons of football and try to damage the legacy of the club. They have failed miserably so far. What a job the people at City have done during this coordinated campaign by the old guard clubs. City have the strongest brand. Play the best football. Have the best manager, the strongest brand and hence the highest revenues. Many reasons to be cheerful. There is one battle to be won. The PL charges. Come on City! We can do this’

Another hilarious rallying cry from Blueloon - ‘emerged from the shadows’ Jesus Christ. Sold your soul, place in the Premier League - and arse - to an Oil state more like.

A friend in Manchester tells me that the deviant who runs that site is on the Abu Dhabi Do (and Don’t) payroll, to censor any conflicting opinion. The chairman apparently has an account, and even Pep goes on it for his populist content for press conferences. The insecurity throughout that organisation is alarming.

‘The Premier League and The Champions League were supposed to protect the status quo for the old guard. Instead, a club like City has emerged from the shadows and is now eating handsomely at the top table. The last 10 to 12 years must have been very painful viewing for the people associated with the old guard clubs. A pain that is so intense that they would take their battle against City off the pitch in order to try to remove City from the top echelons of football and try to damage the legacy of the club. They have failed miserably so far. What a job the people at City have done during this coordinated campaign by the old guard clubs. City have the strongest brand. Play the best football. Have the best manager, the strongest brand and hence the highest revenues. Many reasons to be cheerful. There is one battle to be won. The PL charges. Come on City! We can do this’

Another hilarious rallying cry from Blueloon - ‘emerged from the shadows’ Jesus Christ. Sold your soul, place in the Premier League - and arse - to an Oil state more like.

A friend in Manchester tells me that the deviant who runs that site is on the Abu Dhabi Do (and Don’t) payroll, to censor any conflicting opinion. The chairman apparently has an account, and even Pep goes on it for his populist content for press conferences. The insecurity throughout that organisation is alarming.
What I find weird about City fans is any other club I think the sentiment would be ‘if we did cheat we fecked up but let’s see’ (and it doesn’t take much brain power to look at some of the sponsorship numbers and realise something is off) whereas they are like some flat earther cult where everything is against them, the world wants to see them crumble etc.

The irony for City is they didn’t need to cheat, they’d have won a bit less and we’d have had to suffer Pool winning more but they’d have to got to where they are anyway with the money they could have pumped legally into the club. Instead greed and impatience won over and we have to hope the punishment for so many breaches is severe enough to reflect 10 years of rule breaking.

What I find weird about City fans is any other club I think the sentiment would be ‘if we did cheat we fecked up but let’s see’ (and it doesn’t take much brain power to look at some of the sponsorship numbers and realise something is off) whereas they are like some flat earther cult where everything is against them, the world wants to see them crumble etc.

The irony for City is they didn’t need to cheat, they’d have won a bit less and we’d have had to suffer Pool winning more but they’d have to got to where they are anyway with the money they could have pumped legally into the club. Instead greed and impatience won over and we have to hope the punishment for so many breaches is severe enough to reflect 10 years of rule breaking.

Dictators want to monopolise; competing fairly doesn’t appeal to them. They’ve never done a day’s work, nor been told no.

As you say, their fans are cringe-inducingly deluded - they genuinely imply (and possibly believe) they’ve organically risen from the second division, and the ‘success’ is an against-all-odds fairytale, powered by P£p’s genius and their unwavering loyalty. In reality, they’re a corpse of a club, hosting the Abu Dhabi parasite.

They’re basically like those tarts who go to Dubai regularly to get absolutely brutalised by the wealthy local fellas, but think they’re winning in life because they get a pair of Louboutin’s and an LV handbag to show for it.

Last edited:
They almost matching Chelsea in how much they get for crap players

Please hurry up the charges. They are literally laughing at the rest of the football world right now.

Its been what two years already? Don't go holding your breath. I see very little coming of the 115 charges. The vast majority will be swept right under the accountancy rug.

Nah we're not walking away from this, its coming it just a lot of charges to deal with and prove.

I respect you @padr81 as a poster and for your general views. How will you personally deal with the fallout if and when the shit hits the fan?

What will be will be dude, if we get kicked down 4 divisions or whatever, it is what it is, take it on the chin and move on. Rules are rules. One thing I do know is if guilty a change of ownership has to be enforced in my opinion, there can be no "You cheated, you can keep the club but start in division x." Theres no point in punishing the fans whilst leaving the same people at the top, they have to be removed completely. It'll suck for us fans and for the players who were great on the pitch but rules are the rules.

What really pisses me off in this whole situation is why the need to do this, ya know. They could have invested slowly and built the club from the ground up without breaching FFP, its not like we weren't in a position to make inroads anyway. Sure it might have taken 10 years longer, its just weird to me why they felt the need.

Also takes longer when City delay things and refuse to co-operate with investigations

Before City started any of that everyone was told 3-4 years was likely going to be the wait so nothing has really changed. Also what City have refused to cooperate on is books post 2019 if I'm not mistaken which they haven't been charged on. Either way it was never gonna be sorted till late 2024 early 2025 at the quickest.

What will be will be dude, if we get kicked down 4 divisions or whatever, it is what it is, take it on the chin and move on. Rules are rules. One thing I do know is if guilty a change of ownership has to be enforced in my opinion, there can be no "You cheated, you can keep the club but start in division x." Theres no point in punishing the fans whilst leaving the same people at the top, they have to be removed completely. It'll suck for us fans and for the players who were great on the pitch but rules are the rules.

What really pisses me off in this whole situation is why the need to do this, ya know. They could have invested slowly and built the club from the ground up without breaching FFP, its not like we weren't in a position to make inroads anyway. Sure it might have taken 10 years longer, its just weird to me why they felt the need.
Completely agree with that.

I'm assuming the answer to the question is they probably thought they could get away with the loopholes, expensive lawyers, etc, if any charges were ever forthcoming.

And, so far, they have. And probably will continue to do so - really can't see a scenario where City are demoted divisions, have titles stripped, etc. At most, I'm expecting a (pretty meaningless) fine and, possibly, a transfer embargo for some windows.

Like you say though, doing it slower and within the rules should have been the way to go. Guess they were just impatient for success and felt they could fend off any charges (which, as mentioned, has so far pretty much been the case).

Completely agree with that.

I'm assuming the answer to the question is they probably thought they could get away with the loopholes, expensive lawyers, etc, if any charges were ever forthcoming.

And, so far, they have. And probably will continue to do so - really can't see a scenario where City are demoted divisions, have titles stripped, etc. At most, I'm expecting a (pretty meaningless) fine and, possibly, a transfer embargo for some windows.

Like you say though, doing it slower and within the rules should have been the way to go. Guess they were just impatient for success and felt they could fend off any charges (which, as mentioned, had so far pretty much been the case).

I see at least a docking of points, how many I don't know, I think its pretty clear titles won't be stripped even the other clubs have said they want punishments to be forward looking and not backwards. I do think everything from 20 points which is nothing really and we'll probably still get in the CL to enough to put us down the championship is on the table, not sure about expulsion. But I mean a 70 deduction would guarantee like a season where we get relegated and a season to come back up and I genuinely think if we are guilty on the bigger charges the punishment should be severe and set an example. Was it United I'd be saying they should be relegated so I'd be a hypocrite to say we shouldn't get the same.

Once again, total respect to your good self. As you point out, the biggest chagrin to just about any football fan is the sheer brass necked nature of brazenly pumping in money when it could have been done so much more gradually. It‘s like the owners wanted exposure and they want it NOW. Never mind the rules, we can circumvent them!

I see at least a docking of points, how many I don't know, I think its pretty clear titles won't be stripped even the other clubs have said they want punishments to be forward looking and not backwards. I do think everything from 20 points which is nothing really and we'll probably still get in the CL to enough to put us down the championship is on the table, not sure about expulsion. But I mean a 70 deduction would guarantee like a season where we get relegated and a season to come back up and I genuinely think if we are guilty on the bigger charges the punishment should be severe and set an example. Was it United I'd be saying they should be relegated so I'd be a hypocrite to say we shouldn't get the same.
As others have said about your posts, that's a very fair and unbiased attitude.

Nah we're not walking away from this, its coming it just a lot of charges to deal with and prove.

You may hit a few bumps along the way but overall some very elaborate accounting creativity and wheel greasing will get you there. Football is corrupt as ffck. Corporatism even more so and there is an amalgamation involved here.

I tip my hat to ya BTW! Most balanced and honest MC fan I've ever come across anywhere.

When is the court hearing for this 115 charges scheduled for?

When is the court hearing for this 115 charges scheduled for?

Its not a hearing as in one day in and out or guilty and not guilty. It'll be a long and drawn out process where every charge will be looked into one at a time. To put it in perspective Derby and Sheffield Wednesday both took 18 months and the list of charges, impact and legal teams on both side were not nearly as powerful. I've seen everything from late 24 at the earliest to 2027 at the latest before the mess is sorted.

Its not a hearing as in one day in and out or guilty and not guilty. It'll be a long and drawn out process where every charge will be looked into one at a time. To put it in perspective Derby and Sheffield Wednesday both took 18 months and the list of charges, impact and legal teams on both side were not nearly as powerful. I've seen everything from late 24 at the earliest to 2027 at the latest before the mess is sorted.
It would get sorted a lot faster if we suspended City while the case goes on.

It would get sorted a lot faster if we suspended City while the case goes on.

Nope, nothing to do with city. From the start it was said this will take years. Like I said it took 18 months for derby and that was 2 charges.

Nope, nothing to do with city. From the start it was said this will take years. Like I said it took 18 months for derby and that was 2 charges.
They are sandbagging the process aren’t they? Refusing to hand over documents, filing protests etc.

I just doubt they've inflated a fee though, it's not like the owner or the club has any connection to Abu Dhabi (that said the issue with state backed clubs is it's much more possible to do the kind of thing you're suggesting i.e. 'help us out with FFP and we'll put you into a random real estate investment in Abu Dhabi').

I guess let's see, if he's bang average I will be more open to your theory but I suspect he's actually just a really good player they will sell on in a few years for profit + Wilcox ensured they got first dibs

As an edit - people keep mentioning Bazanu but not Lavia who was same fee and is now in demand and I've seen him linked to CL clubs with £40m+ fees mentioned.
Naive view.

Considering the 115 charges cover every aspect of the club.

They are sandbagging the process aren’t they? Refusing to hand over documents, filing protests etc.

Post 2019 documents if what I read is correct, basically anything outside of the window of what was investigated.

I think they shouldn't be but it was clearly stated numerous times this is gonna take years not months. I have no doubt though city aren't helping in the speeding up of the process.

Post 2019 documents if what I read is correct, basically anything outside of the window of what was investigated.

I think they shouldn't be but it was clearly stated numerous times this is gonna take years not months. I have no doubt though city aren't helping in the speeding up of the process.

You’d think they’d want it resolved ASAP, if they’d done nothing wrong. It’s good to see not all City fans are deluded little tadpoles who refuse to entertain the prospect that the world isn’t out to get them, and they’re in fact guilty of breaching rules they signed up to.

You’d think they’d want it resolved ASAP, if they’d done nothing wrong. It’s good to see not all City fans are deluded little tadpoles who refuse to entertain the prospect that the world isn’t out to get them, and they’re in fact guilty of breaching rules they signed up to.
They’ll get done for not handing over the documents alone, that’s black and white and will have a big penalty on its own

‘The Premier League and The Champions League were supposed to protect the status quo for the old guard

This mantra about FFP is utter bollocks. No, it was designed to stop clubs gambling their futures with massive, reckless levels of overspending. It's like people have forgotten how Leeds and Portsmouth nearly gambled themselves out of business, spending money they didn't have. God knows how Portsmouth survived, they were on the brink of being wound up so many times during their plummet down the divisions.

It also needs to exist, because if it didn't, what would've happened? city would've said here's £300M for Messi, £300M for Ronaldo, £300M for Bale, £300M for Neymar. We'll pay you guys £2,000,000 a week each. And football would've been finished as a competitive exercise. And we know every city fan would've loved that to happen.

If city aren't punished then it's a green light for Newcastle to do whatever they want, pretty much.

Yeah I don't think it's a case of what city want as much as willing to do whatever to win which I guess is the goal.

In fairness I know quite a few city fans who think like me but won't say it out loud. It's in everyone's interest this gets put to bed so shit can be sorted

A 2027 result on offences from 09 to 16 will be a joke.