City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

Pretty obvious to me that the dominance is due to Pep just like SAF and when he goes City will be back to winning 1 in 2 or 3. If you guys had competent people upstairs you would have won 1 in 2 or 3 since SAF left. I don't think there is any coach out there other than Klopp that can do back to backs or 3 peats.

Nonsense - P£p’s only stayed at City for so long because he was paranoid that had he left earlier, the next guy would have also won just as much and likely done more in the Champions League with that squad, and put his ‘genius’ into context.

It’s the club that should have dominated English football for the past 6 years, by default. There’s no other team who should have finished above them domestically in that time; it’s also a better squad than anybody else who’s won the CL in that time too, so P£p is actually underachieving.

It really wouldn't. How do you explain Liverpools recent title?

FFP also facilitated the Leicester title and Spurs annually competing at the top of the table for the first time in decades. If it was imposed properly, it’s observably the best thing to happen to football’s sporting legitimacy in the modern era.

German football went to shit because a mediocre club like City could cherry pick the likes of Sane, De Bruyne, Gundogan and more recently Haaland from Bayern’s rivals. Juventus monopolised Serie A for a decade because P$G stockpiled Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva, Cavani and Lavezzi from their rivals.

Oil states have no place in football.

This reminds me a lot of the Barcelona case.
Cheating clubs (one through money and the other through refs) that are slowly killing the game.
Everyone knows they cheated and nobody seems to care. Specially the authorities many of which look more like accomplices than anything else.

Sounds like spin but perhaps in the business side of the sport clubs must shuffle high salary players around at times, except for the state-backed clubs of course. The wage structure had been busted around 2000 and the likes of Ruud and Veron arrived on high salaries. The club was forced to spend 30m on Rio in 2002 to fill the void left by Stam. Getting a large fee for player that had recently returned from a bad injury was certainly good business, per say, but selling your best defender was crazy. Maybe it was difficult for SAF and the club to admit they received an offer they could not refuse, at the time when the season just started.

It is curious exactly what "balancing the books" was necessary considered the constant post-tax profit the club was turning in the multi-millions per year. Maybe it was increased dividends to be paid out to investors thus a need to balance the books. It certainly was not to reduce player wages as Blanc arrived on the same wage, possibly higher than Stam, and a hefty signing bonus from what I recall being reported (or rumored). Rio later arrived on a high wages as well.

Appears Stam's transfer fee did not affect the books until 2002 year-end reporting and for only a fraction of the 16.5m fee agreed, seems about 4.5m initially paid. https://www.worldsoccer.com/world-s...-take-legal-action-to-recover-stam-cash-52768

http://catarina.udlap.mx/u_dl_a/tales/documentos/lcp/garcia_v_j/apendiceE.pdf
Year ------------------------------------- 2002 ---- 2001 ----- 2000 ----- 1999 ----- 1998
Taxation ----------------------------- (7,308) -- (7,399) -- (4,838) -- (7,023) -- (8,211)
Profit for the year ----------------25,039 -- 14,379 -- 11,950 -- 15,388 --- 19,628
Dividends --------------------------- (8,053) -- (5,195) -- (4,936) -- (4,676) -- (4,416)
Retained profit for the year - 16,986 -- 9,184 ---- 7,014 ---- 10,712 --- 15,212

As far as I know, Utd had just about become debt free at this point in time. But, were still a public company, then you had Magner and McManus buying up shares that would leave them as majority shareholders. As a public company, with transfer fees going up and player wages rising in the background (Keane was on 55/60k a week and had a matching clause for any new players coming in that might get more).

The club couldn't just go spending 80m in a year on players regardless of how successful they were on the pitch. Money had to come in too. Then you had the whole book thing and it was a perfect scenario to sell Stam, a few months later he was done for nandrolone and it looked like a another masterstroke.

FFP also facilitated the Leicester title and Spurs annually competing at the top of the table for the first time in decades. If it was imposed properly, it’s observably the best thing to happen to football’s sporting legitimacy in the modern era.
I agree with this. How people can argue that FFP is shit, and then look at the club that has breached it the most, City, and believe that is good for football, is just a desire to take a contradictory position.

Nonsense - P£p’s only stayed at City for so long because he was paranoid that had he left earlier, the next guy would have also won just as much and likely done more in the Champions League with that squad, and put his ‘genius’ into context.

It’s the club that should have dominated English football for the past 6 years, by default. There’s no other team who should have finished above them domestically in that time; it’s also a better squad than anybody else who’s won the CL in that time too, so P£p is actually underachieving.
Guess you are his psychologist and a fortune-teller to boot.
No other club should have finished above them in that time I am guessing because of the money they have spent?

Some GK prospect by the name of James Trafford is going to Burnley for 19 million pounds, and who manages Burnley again? :lol: Almost as good as Barcelona coming under with 50 million for Ferran Torres just one transfer window after they were in financial crisis. No shame whatsoever

Last edited:
Selling some GK prospect by the name of James Trafford is going to Burnley for 19 million pounds, and who manages Burnley again? :lol: Almost as good as Barcelona coming under with 50 million for Ferran Torres just one transfer window after they were in financial crisis. No shame whatsoever

That's insane.

Burnley managed by a City legend breaks their transfer record transfer fee on a 21 year old keeper with zero PL appearances. Nothing to see here.

Burnley managed by a City legend breaks their transfer record transfer fee on a 21 year old keeper with zero PL appearances. Nothing to see here.

When you consider they sold a highly rated Nick Pope for £10million a year ago as well it looks even worse.

If near £20million is the a realistic price for an unproven player whos highest level is League One, then things are worse than we thought. You have proven, multiple title winning, highest levels of the game keepers and outfield players going for double or even less than double what this lad is going for.

Meanwhile we get 500k for Laird :lol:

True market rate Vs artificially inflated rate.

Let's be honest, who would be surprised if it one day came out that there was some distant link between City's owners and those at Burnley?

Let's be honest, who would be surprised if it one day came out that there was some distant link between City's owners and those at Burnley?

The same Burnley who co-signed the Arsenal letter to have City booted out of Europe?

Exactly, anyone think we could get 19m for title winner Kovar?

I'd never even heard of Trafford before, I know they sold that Irish keeper last year to Southampton for a similarly stupid amount.

Makes you wonder...

I have a theory that City have essentially agreed a plea bargain with the Premier League to accept a transfer ban which is why they’re going to load up this window to mitigate any damage in the next season when the ban comes into effect.

The same Burnley who co-signed the Arsenal letter to have City booted out of Europe?

Don't Burnley now have different owners? This happened in 2020 and the takeover happened in 2021 didn't it?

I'd never even heard of Trafford before, I know they sold that Irish keeper last year to Southampton for a similarly stupid amount.

Makes you wonder...

He's obviously got potential. Currently playing for the England U21 and not conceded a goal in the tournament but his highest level of club football was League One for Bolton. I can't find any evidence he's even been included in a City match day squad and they tend to throw a few youngsters in for early League Cup games and late season League games. Though that may be due to being out on loan multiple times.

It's hard to use a handful of England U21 games and a season in League One as justification for a near £20million move though. Apparently there's also a 20% sell on cause and a buy back option.

Record signing as well for Burnley. Meanwhile, we will probably try selling proven Premier League players and full internationals who are still fairly you g themselves for not much more.

Makes you wonder...
Makes me wonder if they’re funding these transfers on the back end to but still reporting the profits to FFP

Don't Burnley now have different owners? This happened in 2020 and the takeover happened in 2021 didn't it?

Could be, but didn't some NFL player only buy a minority stake or something. But I could be wrong.

Edit. Actually you're correct they were indeed fully bought out after that.

I'm don't think Trafford is a $20m player at all, he's had one very good season on loan at Bolton in league 1, but I believe he's 1st choice for England u21 and know he was highly rated at City.

Bolton are crazy stumping up that money, it's double what Bazunu, a similar rated keeper left City for.

Last edited:
Selling some GK prospect by the name of James Trafford is going to Burnley for 19 million pounds, and who manages Burnley again? :lol: Almost as good as Barcelona coming under with 50 million for Ferran Torres just one transfer window after they were in financial crisis. No shame whatsoever

Burnley owner or someone related will have business ventures in middle East now, now convenient.

So not a peep about this still. Its funny though, they're charged and continue their way as if a bank robber is charged and continues to rob banks while waiting for the outcome.

Guess you are his psychologist and a fortune-teller to boot.
No other club should have finished above them in that time I am guessing because of the money they have spent?

Not just money, but the stockpiled quality they acquired - top players who were happy to sit on City’s bench rather than be key players for title rivals skewed the competition.

Look who finished second to them over the past 6 years - Mourinho’s United with geriatric Young and Valencia as converted fullbacks, then Solskjaer’s McFred midfield, Liverpool pushed them to within a point twice with a squad acquired for a fraction of the price and catalystic fullbacks who cost a combined £8m. Nobody should have got anywhere near them on paper - if you can’t get your head around that reality then there’s not much to say to you.

Last edited:
I’d actually argue that Trafford is going to be the best English goalkeeper of the past 20 years, so I can see the logic. He’s both compatible with Burnley’s style of play, and will likely be worth £40m next summer if he breaks into the senior England team/generally impresses in the PL.

I’d actually argue that Trafford is going to be the best English goalkeeper of the past 20 years, so I can see the logic. He’s both compatible with Burnley’s style of play, and will likely be worth £40m next summer if he breaks into the senior England team/generally impresses in the PL.
Where's the white text?

The biggest travesty here is that there’s a promising young keeper named Trafford and he’s not our player

I‘m inclined to think this guy may be worth the 15 million.

I‘m more suspicious of the low transfer fee for Kovacic. I bet they are paying way more but keeping it off the books somehow.

Strip them of their title, it is the only reasonable thing to do.

Not just money, but the stockpiled quality they acquired - top players who were happy to sit on City’s bench rather than be key players for title rivals skewed the competition.

Look who finished second to them over the past 6 years - Mourinho’s United with geriatric Young and Valencia as converted fullbacks, then Solskjaer’s McFred midfield, Liverpool pushed them to within a point twice with a squad acquired for a fraction of the price and catalystic fullbacks who cost a combined £8m. Nobody should have got anywhere near them on paper - if you can’t get your head around that reality then there’s not much to say to you.

Don't remember their title rivals trying to sign, Akanji, Ake, Philips, Ortega, Gomez. The times they have gone head to head with other top clubs they usually don't get the player. Sanchez. Maguire, VVD, Fred, Rice,

Yea same way he converted Delph and Zinny to win the league. Converted a RB in Cancelo to a LB to win the league (maybe I am wrong but can't remember him playing there before City). Some claim he won the season before last without a striker (he had Jesus and chose to play him on the wings). Pep must be crazy to choose to do all these conversions than play the world class bench players.

Madrid's galactico didn't win much, expensively assembled squads doesn't guarantee anything.
On paper in their pomp I would argue Pool had a better first team than City. City had a better mid and bench. Pool had a better defence/goalie and attack and were 2 games from winning it all.

Pep has failed in Europe due to some of his tactics around games. Domestically I think he has done very well and don't except this level of domestic dominance to continue after he is gone.

I‘m inclined to think this guy may be worth the 15 million.

I‘m more suspicious of the low transfer fee for Kovacic. I bet they are paying way more but keeping it off the books somehow.

And why for goodness sakes would Chelsea agree to underreporting revenue, given their desperate efforts to climb out of the FFP cliff?

Finally got around to watching this:

Surprised it has so few views.

I didn't know City had effectively appointed 2 of the 3 CAS members who presided over the appeal. One of the sports lawyers in the video it wasn't against the rules but it kinda sounds like it should be, no?

And why for goodness sakes would Chelsea agree to underreporting revenue, given their desperate efforts to climb out of the FFP cliff?
I have no idea: don‘t you think Kovacic was worth more? I do.

Makes me wonder if they’re funding these transfers on the back end to but still reporting the profits to FFP

Considering that the leaks say they have a huge network of feeder club with talents where agents get paid on the side, it’s notan unfeasible thought. Not sure how it works exactly but 19m for a youth player can make you spend 100m in the new rules I think?

With all City’s youth players where many have big potential, it’s quite clear they will have an easy time under the new rules. Also just by having spend much on academy without that being cheating. But of course the system benefits the mega-rich who can pull such setups.