Christian Eriksen Denmark flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
As many writes he is so good when backed by a solid DM and CM and surrounded by players running deep. I know he doesn’t have pace and isn’t half as valuable defensively as Bruno, but I really think we should try him as number 10 in some games. Also, I don’t agree it should only be vs weaker opponents. If we play dynamically vs Liverpool and City they’d have a harder time closing us down with a free flowing Eriksen than with Bruno.

A Bruno injury/suspension means he plays as part of the attack and I think most of us are okay with that considering his aging legs. SS/10 are his natural positions. Rather have his playmaking than Mount's pressing in most games, especially if we have Casemiro and Ugarte in midfield.

His role could very well be to cover for Bruno in cup and EL fixtures when needed, and potentially starting in a DM-Eriksen-Bruno midfield against weaker PL opposition. If he can deliver that, he’s a valuable player for us.

His role could very well be to cover for Bruno in cup and EL fixtures when needed, and potentially starting in a DM-Eriksen-Bruno midfield against weaker PL opposition. If he can deliver that, he’s a valuable player for us.
Definitely. Or really just pick whoever is in great form, that makes both Eriksen/Bruno/Mount and our performance better. No one should be safe.

There's a stark difference in the pace and tempo of the game when he's pulling the strings compared to Bruno. Not saying one way is better or more effective than the other, but it's a noticeable difference to consider overall if you haven't done so already.

Bruno's mo is to always hit the first time ball to create chances. He cannot slow the game down, control it.

Eriksen can do both. He's a proper playmaker, not just a chance creator.

A player of his profile can really elevate our play, take it to the next level. This is why I wanted us to buy a playmaker rather than a destroyer this summer, because I thought that's what would really take our game to the next level.

Scholes said something similar, which made sense because thats what we need, the next Scholes/Eriksen.

It was a well known fact we had a good midfield in him and Casemiro. What we failed to do was replacing them (not like for like) but with younger players with similar qualities. Instead we went for uhhh.. I guess Sabitzer temporarily? which is understandable considering injury issue. But then we went for Mount right after that. And abandoned a proper midfield setup. It's so silly.
I think verdict on the Mount signing is still open. At least as to whether he was the right player stylistically because he's been so bloody injured and he hasn't played in a settled team. I sort of understand going for him. he's very intelligent in his own way and unlike Eriksen, he turns 50/50 duels in our favour. This is something that Eriksen as great a player as he is offensively, is almost as bad defensively.

Even in this past couple games where he's been fantastic on the ball, I still saw multiple instances where he was shirking challenges. Just can't have that at the top level in this day and age.

I think verdict on the Mount signing is still open. At least as to whether he was the right player stylistically because he's been so bloody injured and he hasn't played in a settled team. I sort of understand going for him. he's very intelligent in his own way and unlike Eriksen, he turns 50/50 duels in our favour. This is something that Eriksen as great a player as he is offensively, is almost as bad defensively.

Even in this past couple games where he's been fantastic on the ball, I still saw multiple instances where he was shirking challenges. Just can't have that at the top level in this day and age.

Yeah agree. Really nice player, wish we'd signed him when he ran us ragged for Ajax.

But off the ball he is a complete liability. Might get away with it in a team that's right on top of its game but that's not us.

And actually I think he's quite inconsistent. There are games where even his passing drops levels.

Mainoo is lucky to have Eriksen around in training. He can learn so much from him!

He is getting back to the form like the one he had before that donkey Carroll had injured him. Would still prefer him to be on the bench this weekend and come on if Bruno is doing shit. I think he will start against AZ midweek in Europe fixture

As many writes he is so good when backed by a solid DM and CM and surrounded by players running deep. I know he doesn’t have pace and isn’t half as valuable defensively as Bruno, but I really think we should try him as number 10 in some games. Also, I don’t agree it should only be vs weaker opponents. If we play dynamically vs Liverpool and City they’d have a harder time closing us down with a free flowing Eriksen than with Bruno.

Eriksen operates best in space, teams like City and Liverpool who have a really effective press don't give him that time. I can't see him being effective at all against those teams to be honest.

Bruno also isn't the best against a strong press, so there's no difference there, but i'd rather not lose his work rate against those sides if the 2 are in direct competition.

I dont think he is good enough. And I'm a huge fan of Angel Gomes.

Nypan looks like a talent, we should get him. And also I would target someone like Stiller/Wharton/Palacios.

Weird to not include his through balls to Garnacho, one of them being an assist, in such a compilation.

What a pleasant surprise to see him do so well these last few games. I thought he was totally done and was pretty gutted not to get Rabiot or someone else who could replace Mainoo. While Eriksen is a different profile from Mianoo of course, he’s shown he’s still a very valuable player and that’s so important with our midfield options so thin.

Remarkably this means we have 4 serious options for the number 10 spot: Bruno, Eriksen, Mount and Zirkzee. Why we have so many options for the 1 player (Bruno) who never gets injured.. :lol:

I don’t think a midfield with him and Bruno will work, but in case Mainoo is injured, Eriksen-Ugarte may still be preferable as CM duo over Case-Ugarte, especially against not too tough opponents

Excellent and showed what value he can add to the team when it is functioning. So smart in finding space and retaining possession. Was behind most of our impressive moments and is like a conductor when he has similar intuitive players around him.

Hopefully he can stay fit as as he can help us control a game once we win the fight/right to play.

I dont think he is good enough. And I'm a huge fan of Angel Gomes.

Nypan looks like a talent, we should get him. And also I would target someone like Stiller/Wharton/Palacios.

To be honest I’ve only seen clips of Gomes since he left so I’m not sure.
Yes, this Nypan kid looks good but again, I haven’t seen a lot of him.
Agree that we need a couple. One passer/dictator and another all rounder.

He's the only midfielder on our books who can dictate the tempo of a football match. We really needed to buy one in the summer given concerns we may have about his ability to play regularly but hopefully he proves that wrong.

Bruno's mo is to always hit the first time ball to create chances. He cannot slow the game down, control it.

Eriksen can do both. He's a proper playmaker, not just a chance creator.

A player of his profile can really elevate our play, take it to the next level. This is why I wanted us to buy a playmaker rather than a destroyer this summer, because I thought that's what would really take our game to the next level.

Scholes said something similar, which made sense because thats what we need, the next Scholes/Eriksen.

You can have both in your team and having different types of players in central midfield is always good for tactical/match up reasons.

Having a well rounded central midfielder who can dictate tempo and control many moments within a match via possessional play, line breaking passes, making the extra pass not just a potential killer pass, is rare nowadays.

But Scholes and Eriksen type players still need to be surrounded by players who compliment their weaknesses and/or be in a system that doesn't exploit it too severely.

Midfield will continue to evolve and change with Casemiro and Eriksen on their last legs, leaving it to Ugarte, Mainoo, Bruno, and Mount - Collyer and Gore are too young, Mount can't really be relied on due to injuries.

Eriksen operates best in space, teams like City and Liverpool who have a really effective press don't give him that time. I can't see him being effective at all against those teams to be honest.

Bruno also isn't the best against a strong press, so there's no difference there, but i'd rather not lose his work rate against those sides if the 2 are in direct competition.
I know what you mean, but it all depends on the players around him. He doesn’t hold the ball well under intense pressure but he can play it on extremely quickly if there are options. It’s like he has a dynamic plot with every player and the ball as data points in his head and seems to always be a second or two ahead. He’s also very good at finding spaces and hard to neutralize if we play dynamically

My fear is the level of control we had on Saturday was down to having two players very comfortable on the ball in Eriksen and Mainoo in midfield. I really hope we can have the same level of comfort when Ugarte, Casemiro and Collyer come in.

Look at that pass from Eriksen. That chance doesnt get created if he doesnt play, that ball probably gets passed backwards/sideways.

Agreed , Casemiro has a lot of brain farts on the ball. Hopefully Ugarte doesn’t but I can’t see Eriksen starting on Saturday he’ll start Casemiro

Agreed , Casemiro has a lot of brain farts on the ball. Hopefully Ugarte doesn’t but I can’t see Eriksen starting on Saturday he’ll start Casemiro
He won't start Casemiro. I think the players starting this weekend came off at 60 minute mark yesterday. They were: Rashford, Dalot and Ugarte.