View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Should replace Bruno up front.

Ugarte and Mainoo/Casemiro behind him.

A class act who comfortably sits in the 'wish we had signed him in his prime' category, alongside the likes of Ibra and Cavani.

Have a great start to the season,good for him.

He played well for us, but we surrounded by dross in the attacking areas. He can keep the ball, but the problem is the general wastefulness of our attackers.

Our smartest midfielder, in terms of composure and decision-making.

I don't warm to him... I watched him in the last minutes and his defensive running is alibi at best, there simply is no intention, at least no conviction, visible in his actions, he is giving his opponents time on the ball while looking busy but achieving nothing. On the ball he is very good and oh boy do we need a reliable passer like him in midfield (well actually in most areas) but seeing him to be so central this season, it seems like such a weird approach to the transfer window and not bringing in somebody with a comparable skillset. Why was he freezed out last year? I thought, adding Ugarte made sense given the the 2-free-8's tactic of last season, but now we changed once again?! Still think, going for Ugarte wasn't a mistake but seeing Eriksen being so important all of a sudden, it is soo odd.

Last edited:
Best midfielder again, but that was easy today. Good distribution and (no pun intended) good pacemaking. Somewhat anonymous though.

Would like to see how many times he's played the full 90. Felt really unusual to see it happen today.

No big surprise but leaving at the end of the season
I think the media twists this a bit. As far as I can read he just says that he’s not talking with the club about a new contract atm. Of course it’s still most likely but not confirmed, I believe

I think the media twists this a bit. As far as I can read he just says that he’s not talking with the club about a new contract atm. Of course it’s still most likely but not confirmed, I believe
He was told he could leave last summer if he found a club, he'll be 33 in February, I can't see a new contract being offered unless it's worth a fraction of what he currenty gets and would likely be unacceptable to him, in a less intense league like the PL he'd still be an attractive proposition for a lot of clubs

He was told he could leave last summer if he found a club, he'll be 33 in February, I can't see a new contract being offered unless it's worth a fraction of what he currenty gets and would likely be unacceptable to him, in a less intense league like the PL he'd still be an attractive proposition for a lot of clubs
Yes, I was responding to the other post which I presume referred to a “news” story about him definitely leaving.