Christian Eriksen Denmark flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

7.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Made a mistake, but in general a big improvement on McTominay so far this season as a our goalscorer starting from midfield. Played well other than the costly mistake and a great finish

Made a mistake, but in general a big improvement on McTominay so far this season as a our goalscorer starting from midfield. Played well other than the costly mistake and a great finish
Even the mistake wasn't even fully on him. He ended up with the ball facing his own goal with Onana cut off, with both CBs further up the pitch than him after their right back dribbled through 3-4 players from his own box.

The correct play at that point was too boot it out for a throw in but that isn't even an option for players anymore.

Even the mistake wasn't even fully on him. He ended up with the ball facing his own goal with Onana cut off, with both CBs further up the pitch than him after their right back dribbled through 3-4 players from his own box.

The correct play at that point was too boot it out for a throw in but that isn't even an option for players anymore.
Agreed. Also, I think the bit where Maguire goes to engage the attacker and Eriksen, at the same time, tries to press at an angle was the breakdown in communication that set the dominos falling. Both players seem to slow down slightly as if anticipating the other to handling it. The attacker skips past due to this, I think, which leads to Eriksen being in that difficult position.

Onana wasn't cut off, he was wide open for Eriksen to pass to. He also was run past like he wasn't there in the lead up to the gift.

Maguire's attempted tackle was hilariously bad, but the situation was under control until Eriksen dallied and turned into trouble, a simple first time pass back to Onana is all that was required.

Onana wasn't cut off, he was wide open for Eriksen to pass to. He also was run past like he wasn't there in the lead up to the gift.

Maguire's attempted tackle was hilariously bad, but the situation was under control until Eriksen dallied and turned into trouble, a simple first time pass back to Onana is all that was required.
It wasn't a simple pass back no. The ball was bouncing after the tackle and it was bouncing close to him so he couldn't hit it properly without taking a massive chance at underhitting it because of the distance. If the pass had been simple he would have done it.

It wasn't a simple pass back no. The ball was bouncing after the tackle and it was bouncing close to him so he couldn't hit it properly without taking a massive chance at underhitting it because of the distance. If the pass had been simple he would have done it.

You've got no standing to make the statement in bold. He didn't take the simple option to boot the ball out of play, just like he didn't play the wide open pass to Onana.

He just started 4 games in a row for us and don't think that happened once since January 2023 so don't have many complaints. Been good for us in these games and while it's a bad mistake, whole 2nd half was poor and it's not like we deserved more than a point in the end.

He's proving what we were saying a month ago - useful player in Europa and cup games. Would've been a mistake if we sold him (especially without replacement).

It was partly. 2 of the players dribbled past were Eriksen and I think Dalot tucking in, he went between them so Eriksen was lucky the ball bounced to him in the first place. Then he made a bad call and got caught. Everyone makes mistakes hopefully he'll remember to keep his head on a swivel and be aware of his surroundings after this mistake.

He wasn’t.

I know it’s a team game, but I’m surprised Eriksen didn’t take some personal responsibility for their goal in the post-match interview.
But he did, didn't he? He said 'personally, giving away the goal at the end...is the worst feeling...blah blah' on his performance tonight.

It has taken till now for ETH(and some fans), to realise the importance of having a player like him. And to think some wanted him sold for Rabiot.

Sad the realisation didnt come sooner, then we wouldnt have to play him every match(this is not sustainable), and we would have gotten a CM like him in the summer.

I know it’s a team game, but I’m surprised Eriksen didn’t take some personal responsibility for their goal in the post-match interview.
In the interview I saw (given in Danish), he took full responsibility. He also said, about the match in general, that the Twente players “wanted” more than the United players.

He would probably be everyone's man of the match but for the mistake, which was unfortunate. In his defence, there were a series of errors leading to his.

Hated the "They wanted it more" comment though. We hear that far too often from our lot and it's just an absolutely crazy thing to say.

Meh he could have flicked it up and kicked it over his head putting the LW in acres of slave.

Kidding. Yes he lost it but it was a calamity of errors from multiple players. How did their RB get so far up the field without any challenges? Pathetic

Can blame him for the goal, but, did not a single Man United player shout or communicate that there's a player behind him there? I highly doubt he was aware that he's turning straight into a Twente player. Just seems a common problem for our team over the years. Zero communication.

Can blame him for the goal, but, did not a single Man United player shout or communicate that there's a player behind him there? I highly doubt he was aware that he's turning straight into a Twente player. Just seems a common problem for our team over the years. Zero communication.
Why would they? First of all, there was an obvious pass back to the goalie so that we can build again. So that's what they'd have expected. Secondly, the player who stole the ball was not behind Eriksen. There was one on each side and he suddenly decided to turn into one of them.