Christian Eriksen Denmark flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Another class performance.Have a great start to the season.

A geriatric midfield of him and Casemiro doesn't sound like it should work against a busy, energetic team like Brentford, but both of them turned out a solid performance. Fair play.

Been impressive after looking like a 20-30 min player last season.

Played well but poor corners I thought
That short one to Bruno and he got the return in the 2nd where he should have crossed as it was played back instead he took a touch , crossed it with his left and hit the 1st man.

Been impressive after looking like a 20-30 min player last season.
Exactly what I thought coming into the season as well, and very surprised by what he's delivered. Actually playing very similarly do how he did in his debut season. The defensive legs to match runners is still a concern, as it is for our whole midfield, but very glad with his performances so far.

Some people seemed keen to get rid in the summer. There’s a lot of players like Eriksen and Evans who are basically shots to nothing in terms of depth. It’s not his fault we haven’t brought in sufficient improvements in midfield to make him feature less. He’s an excellent player to have in the squad.

Thomas Frank on BBC: Eriksen was controlling everything today. No doubt about it

Seems like someone gave him spinach like Popeye this season. Looks fitter and more sustained, the best amongst our weak midfield. Had said in pre season that he will be important to us this season unless we bring in a younger version of him (not Mount). No one else in the squad has his skillsets to assert some passing control in the team, which is crazy squad planning again.

Seems like someone gave him spinach like Popeye this season. Looks fitter and more sustained, the best amongst our weak midfield. Had said in pre season that he will be important to us this season unless we bring in a younger version of him (not Mount). No one else in the squad has his skillsets to assert some passing control in the team, which is crazy squad planning again.
I think Mount is Ten Hag's (absurd) idea of "a younger version of Eriksen."

Anyway, thought Eriksen had a great game against Brentford, especially in the second half.
Was particularly impressed (and a bit surprised) when he ran all the way from the corner to make that interception and foil their counter-attack in the 85-ish minute.

When he plays well, we play well.

I think he was hoping to turn Mount into that "Eriksen with legs"
It’s a shame we didn’t go all out for Joao Neves then. Because he could’ve been that "Eriksen with legs".

I agree with the earlier poster that Mainoo is a similar profile to De Jong, with De Jong having better passing range. However, Kobbie broke through as a DM who was able to get on the ball deep and beat the press to progress play. I now see how a partnership between him and Neves would’ve been great. Neves is more of a passer, metronome, controller type. That would’ve balanced out our midfield quite well.

Can we find a 23 year old version? This seems to be the profile of player we need
No, but less will do. Eriksen is unique and while we might find someone who matches his technical ability it’s not likely that he’ll have his football intelligence at 23. If we keep bringing in Danes Damsgaard at Brentford might be worth a try next summer.

Should have just kept Amrabat, and bought a player in the Eriksen mould.

Eriksen has shown exactly what our midfield lacks, if he gets injured we are fecked.

We againt spent 50M on our midfield, and I'm not sure if its any better than it was before.

Biggest positive surprise of the season for me, so far. I thought he'd be limited to substitute appearances and stepping in for Bruno in cup games. Never thought we'd see solid 90 minute performances in the PL at CM from him.

A look back at when he was at his best in 16/17 playing behind the striker and had 15 assists in the league alone.

6 from crosses, 3 of them corners and the other 3 freekcis. 7 from general play including 1 throughball

And 8 goals, 3 outside the box, 5 inside and all from open play, 5 left foot, 1 right foot, 0 headers and 1 other

Eriksen at the press conference today on his future: I have really enjoyed being here and I still do. We will see in the summer. If I get a new offer (from United), I will consider it very seriously.

Sounds as if he wants to stay. He is not someone who enjoys sitting on the bench though, so he will probably only stay, if he thinks he can get into the team.

Eriksen at the press conference today on his future: I have really enjoyed being here and I still do. We will see in the summer. If I get a new offer (from United), I will consider it very seriously.

Sounds as if he wants to stay. He is not someone who enjoys sitting on the bench though, so he will probably only stay, if he thinks he can get into the team.

We'd need to sign someone better than Eriksen for him to be benched. As it stands he still fits into our strongest 11.

Fenerbahce 1:1 Man Utd New
Best player of our season so far. Only really Onana in contention with him.

Had we not sold Mctominay, Eriksen would've barely gotten any minutes so far this season. I'm glad things transpired the way they did. His composure on the ball and experience has been valuable.

Had we not sold Mctominay, Eriksen would've barely gotten any minutes so far this season. I'm glad things transpired the way they did. His composure on the ball and experience has been valuable.

Our team has looked the most solid when him and Bruno are together in midfield with a proper DM. I love Kobbie and think he is a extreme talent but he needs to be slowly moved in to the team because he cannot dictate the game yet. Eriksen knows when to slow the ball down and dictate from deep, alowing Bruno to be creative.

There was a ball he played, that I think might have been the one that lead to that great chance (not 100% sure), but he was in midfield just over the half way line, just about to be pressured, and looked like he’d go back but he passed it in sort of a 10 o’clock direction that cut out the entire midfield and put us in a great attacking position. No one else for us could have done that (maybe Bruno).

Class player, he’s the sort of midfielder we need to be targeting now, creative and metronomic.

The only player who seems to have an idea of what to do with the ball. Should be starting at 10 ahead of Bruno. Sub him off after 70 minutes.

Recently, he’s been so good that I actually want him to continue playing in the DLP role (instead of No. 10). We have several players who could take on the No. 10 position, but to have someone effectively linking up the play from defense to attack and controlling the tempo of the game, looks like he’s the only one who can do it. Insane how important he has become for us.

Good point. By selling McT, ETH was basically forced to play someone with more ability on the ball (Mount too) and have less of a Frankenstein tactical setup.

I don't get it. I think this is the definition of a "scored, so must have played well" situation. I don't see the quality everyone else sees. I don't see him being that player to push us on. It's the McTominay curse. Scores every now and then, we're obliged to keep giving him games and because he's scoring everyone's uncomfortable pointing out what they see.

He's not a bad player, but if he hadn't bagged a couple recently the assessment of his performances would be radically different.

Hes a decent player. But there's definitely something spursey about him. He doesn't come up with the goods when it matters. For example with a free kick in the last 10mins..you know he won't sieze the moment.

Alongside Onana, probably the only positive so far this season - a real option for the cup competitions, a bit like Mata turned into.

Can't see him impacting much in the league anymore but that shouldn't be the expectation.

I don't get it. I think this is the definition of a "scored, so must have played well" situation. I don't see the quality everyone else sees. I don't see him being that player to push us on. It's the McTominay curse. Scores every now and then, we're obliged to keep giving him games and because he's scoring everyone's uncomfortable pointing out what they see.

He's not a bad player, but if he hadn't bagged a couple recently the assessment of his performances would be radically different.
Couldn't disagree more on this comparison.

Eriksen could play a whole season for United without scoring, and still be an asset to the team, whereas McTominay definitely could not. In fact, Eriksen hardly got a goal in his first season with us, where he was excellent until his injury. He is just an actual intelligent and technical footballer, which we don't have a lot of in midfield.

That’s the funny part — everything that tends to go well is almost on accident or coincidental down to a bunch of external non-preferred factors taking place under ten Hag these days. Genuinely.

Seriously? He was involved in most of our chances last night. Just go and watch the highlights.

That’s the funny part — everything that tends to go well is almost on accident or coincidental down to a bunch of external non-preferred factors taking place under ten Hag these days. Genuinely.
So true. When Anthony got injured yesterday, I admit to thinking that we might finally get to see some more Amad.