Chido Obi Martin

Finished 4-3. Thwaites winner on 86 minutes. Mantato brace. Think we were 3-1 up at one point.

He’s absolutely massive compared to everyone else. He needs to get out of the U18’s now. It’s so ridiculous that we actually don’t know how good he is because he’s not competing against anyone else remotely in his league

He’s absolutely massive compared to everyone else. He needs to get out of the U18’s now. It’s so ridiculous that we actually don’t know how good he is because he’s not competing against anyone else remotely in his league
Think it's important to remember that he did not trained with any club for months and it's vital he builds up his sharpness. I'm sure he won't be in the under 18s for long but playing now will help him regain sharpness.

This is the first time I've seen him play, he looks very good at this level but for the u21s, he will have less space and won't easily out muscle the opposition. Hopefully over the next 6 months, we may see him make the bench.

I don't think it's a bad idea that we're starting him there. Let the kid adjust to his new club a little before we ask him to adjust to a higher level of competition.

He should train with the first team, but it’s more than reasonable for him to play games with u18. I can see him making the bench this season. Even making his debut.

I imagine his coaches will know how good he is and they will have him on a plan that works best for his development.

He is taller than most players at that level but his frame is still not a man's frame.

Honestly I imagine he will be in the U21s fairly soon but he's 16 for another month.

I presume he’ll be with the u18s for a couple of months. Would really like to see him with the u21s to really gauge his ability vs his physical attributes

The Forest CB with one of the poorest passages of play I have ever seen for the first goal. Somehow manages to run onto his goalkeeper after giving away the ball too. Almost looked drunk.

He looks far too good for that level, I'm just glad he's actually getting game time now and getting fit

Nothing wrong with him playing at U18s even if it is too easy for him. That ease for a little while can allow him to just polish off bits of his game but without too much pressure. So almost just like training football.

I think we should keep him at youth level until he's 21 just to see how many goals he can score. A bit like when Cuba would keep a world class heavyweight in the amateurs just battering kids.

I'd promote him to the under 21's very, very shortly until the end of the season. If he's looking the part there then he should be integrated into the first team squad next season. You don't want to spend too long pissing about in the 21's. That will have a negative effect.

He's probably already good enough to get game time for the first team. Couldn't be worse than Zirkzee.

lukaku--a-sus-13-anos-era-igual-de-alto-que-el-arbitro--twitter.jpg

He doesn't look much bigger than our #6, or someone like Kukonki. Yes he's really tall, but his size is being really exaggerated.

Redcafe doesn’t back off. He will be first pick at United and Denmark by the time he’s out of nappies

Yes I am being sarcastic to those who expect amass in the first team at 16, Kone to be a squad player before he’s kicked a ball, and for Martin to take over from Hojland this season

Ftfy

I think he'll make a match day squad this season

Nothing wrong with him playing at U18s even if it is too easy for him. That ease for a little while can allow him to just polish off bits of his game but without too much pressure. So almost just like training football.

True. As others have said, he's not kicked a ball in a while, so it must feel really good to score a hattrick within 14 minutes of football. I think he'll stay with the U18s until Xmas and then make the transition to the U21s after that.