Chido Obi Martin

He an interesting one, looks like Carlton Palmer playing up top. Still got lots of filling out to do my view so let him do that in the academy. He must be absolutely huge, Tyler Fletcher maybe 6’2” and he towers him. Was expecting them goals to be him physically bullying with pace and power on the last man, but he’s actually behind the play for all 3. Be shocked if he got around first team yet other than a token gesture to market the academy. In a couple of years when he’s developed physically who knows

He’s too good for u18s and I don’t expect to see him there too much.

Perhaps we just wanted to ease him in. Get him a goal (or three) keep his confidence up and then unleash him on u21s

There’s a couple more in that team yday that look like they might follow quickly to u21s

As for Hojlund, he struggled too and has barely pulled much at first team level. United need regular goal scorers, not patchy fancy flicks. If the first team forwards aren't doing it then we need to look further down.
Most u-18 top talents never become top players and many top players were not top talents as teenagers. Also, the bolded quote is just wrong.

Oh how I love to see all of these posts preaching calm. Not. You don't need to say that he's the reincarnation of Pele, nor do you need to undersell what Obi-Martin is achieving by stating that 'all his goals are tap-ins' or 'he's a massive guy' or that the level of the under 18's is 'garbage' or any other negative you can possibly think of in the name of 'calm'.

Just be balanced about things. It's ok to be excited, to have hope and to enjoy the ride.

No one has suggested he is guaranteed first team level so the over compensation to try to dampen my point is laughable. Obi Martin clearly has the instinct for goals, something that cannot be coached and as he develops, we will see how he steps up.

The key point is that despite spending billions, Manchester United currently has a -2 goal difference. Manchester United currently has no outstanding center forwards or attackers. The numbers back that up. Rallying around and trying to protect certain players won't change that fact.

He trained with Arsenal's first team a number of times last season, so he clearly has huge potential.

No one has suggested he is guaranteed first team level so the over compensation to try to dampen my point is laughable. Obi Martin clearly has the instinct for goals, something that cannot be coached and as he develops, we will see how he steps up.

The key point is that despite spending billions, Manchester United currently has a -2 goal difference. Manchester United currently has no outstanding center forwards or attackers. The numbers back that up. Rallying around and trying to protect certain players won't change that fact.
What’s this “instinct for goals” you’re talking about that apparently cannot be trained? Can you be more specific? Is it his movement? Technical ability/motor skills when shooting? Calmness? ‘Cause all of those can obviously be trained.

Too often people just for whatever reason cannot break it down and just lump it in “instinct” or whatever.