Chido Obi Martin

What is actually happening with him? everything's gone quiet, not included or announced on the Man Utd website

Will be to do with the compensation for training him due to Arsenal won't it?

Will be to do with the compensation for training him due to Arsenal won't it?
It's also been reported that every transfer like this - where the youngster turns down a contract and signs elsewhere - is examined by the FA (or whoever?) to check there was no tapping up or anything and that the signing was valid.

So until that's ratified, which can take a while, the transfer isn't officially completed.

I was just about to ask if we'd actually signed him yet, feels like months ago when we got a here we go from Romano.

Does he have to be signed today?
I thought we had signed him.

And that what we're waiting for is the FA to analyse the deal to check there wasn't anything like tapping up on our part. That apparently happens every time a youngster turns down a deal at their club and opts to move elsewhere.

It's seemingly just being sensationalised because it's a highly rated player moving between Arsenal and United - so getting more press coverage than most youth deals.

Last edited:
Just saw our registered list of players and thought of Obi-Martin. Does anyone here know what's happening with this deal?

The talk during the summer was we agreed to have him as a 3rd striker. Has he actually joined or has the deal fallen through?

Just saw our registered list of players and thought of Obi-Martin. Does anyone here know what's happening with this deal?

The talk during the summer was we agreed to have him as a 3rd striker. Has he actually joined or has the deal fallen through?

Players under a certain age don’t need to be registered

It's done, just still waiting on the PL approval.

Players under a certain age don’t need to be registered
There was an extensive list of under 21s and he wasn't on it, whereas Kone was.

I don't remember the deal ever being confirmed