Chido Obi Martin

We missed out on Sesko but we have this young man whom looks to have similar attributes, it will be exciting to track his progression at our great club.

Wouldnt surprise me if we at least see him on the bench next season, there must be a reason or some promise we've made with his development and a fast track to the first team squad for him to have joined.

Would love to see him go on and be a mega star, another one we've nicked from the Gooners!

I selfishly want him to play a bit in the u18s first, just to see the sheer destruction Shea Lacey, Mantato, Lusale and Amir can cause this season.
Maybe in the FA Youth Cup.
The team would be loaded. Lacey, Mantato, Ibragimov, Lusale, Obi, Fletcher, Fitzgerald, Amass etc.

Maybe in the FA Youth Cup.
The team would be loaded. Lacey, Mantato, Ibragimov, Lusale, Obi, Fletcher, Fitzgerald, Amass etc.
UEFA Youth league too, maybe for once we could actually have a decent run in that competition. :lol:

UEFA Youth league too, maybe for once we could actually have a decent run in that competition. :lol:
Pretty sure we're not in the Uefa Youth League unfortunately. Think you need to have qualified for the Champions league

Is he now our 2nd choice striker (for 6 weeks)

Doubts about his ability to be good enough so early on to be the main striker for United aside, we have to assume that Zirkzee can last that long without getting injured of course.

Who knows we could have a 16 year old as our main striker before we know it if the reports are to be believed

Rashford or Bruno as a false 9 are starting before him anyway

probably Amad as a false 9 would too

Start him. Feck it. Sink or swim, baby.
Imagine the scenes if this kid comes on and scores the winner against city, the meltdown from AFTV alone would be worth it. If Fergie could trust Macheda in such a crucial match in a title run in when he had that many world class attackers then ETH can trust this kid in a glorified friendly.

Imagine the scenes if this kid comes on and scores the winner against city, the meltdown from AFTV alone would be worth it. If Fergie could trust Macheda in such a crucial match in a title run in when he had that many world class attackers then ETH can trust this kid in a glorified friendly.

Let's go!

He looks massive. Apparently he has been offered a 3rd striker spot in the 1st XI, so he could start on the bench. Didn't Rooney play for Everton at 16?

He looks massive. Apparently he has been offered a 3rd striker spot in the 1st XI, so he could start on the bench. Didn't Rooney play for Everton at 16?

Rooney was a once off. A freak of nature.
He was one of the best players in the world at 17. He played a game for England v Turkey at 17 and was the best player on the pitch and Turkey had a very strong team back then.

Chido turns 17 in November, so he'll be training with the first team and playing with U23s and will probably make a few appearances this year.

I'm going to reserve judgement and excitement until we see him play senior football. So many youngsters been hyped in the past but don't make the step up.

Announcement soon probably.

Maybe on his own socials, but the club won’t do a big ”announcement” with a 16-year old. Perhaps a short statement with two additional scholars signed way down the website in the academy section. Even that could come just a couple of days before the academy teams start their seasons.

Could be wrong of course but I’m not expecting a club announcement soon.

Maybe on his own socials, but the club won’t do a big ”announcement” with a 16-year old. Perhaps a short statement with two additional scholars signed way down the website in the academy section. Even that could come just a couple of days before the academy teams start their seasons.
Considering how big of a news this is already, I'm not so sure if it's going to be that way. Maybe not a huge announcement similar to first team signings but he will probably have his own little announcement.

Considering how big of a news this is already, I'm not so sure if it's going to be that way. Maybe not a huge announcement similar to first team signings but he will probably have his own little announcement.

All the more reason the club want to keep it low, in my opinion. That would also not be fair towards Lusale, Overy, Plunkett etc. United are pretty good at avoiding hyping up children.

But yeah again could be that you’re right. If the transfer is done with first team immediately in mind, who knows.

All the more reason the club want to keep it low, in my opinion. That would also not be fair towards Lusale, Overy, Plunkett etc.

But yeah again could be that you’re right.
Reading back my earlier statement, seems like we are in partial agreement anyways that it won't be a huge announcement. :)