Champions League 24/25 | Matchday 3: October 22-23

17:5 shots, 1,41:0,4 xG for us but can't say it's undeserved for Villa, they have been good, credit where it's due

What a performance and what a difference a world class keeper makes for villa

It has been a good ebening for Villa..
Kompany has to learn that 70% ball position and 2-3 times more shots are sometimes not enough. Each team has their weapons.

Aston survived because they did what they had to do.

Not sure. I haven't watched our academy lately, but when I was watching a lot with him here, he was impressive.
He's been doing great for Benfica and they are doing comparisons between him and Grimaldo. Just find it odd how he didn't have a real chance at United considering the problems you have at the position

Duran looking like one of the top young strikers in the world. Emery is building a scary team at Villa.

Where was he before villa?
Arsenal backup.. The only reason he played is because Leno got injured and he got a run of games.. did very well.. Got his move.
I was surprised Arsenal sold him. He looked way better than Leno.

Can you blame them? Beat the mighty Bayern. Kept a clean sheet aswell against you and you’ve been banging them in all season
They have earned it of course. I'm probably not used to losing a 'group' game anymore ;)

He's been doing great for Benfica and they are doing comparisons between him and Grimaldo. Just find it odd how he didn't have a real chance at United considering the problems you have at the position
I struggle to understand anything this club does anymore!

The Grimaldo comparison is good. I actually watched a fair bit of Benfica when he was there and was a fan. I'm not surprised to see him excelling at Leverkusen.

Got to re-live what it means to win a CL game against a good opponent. Thanks, Villa.

Damn, how far behind are we from these teams :lol:

Emery is a wizard, he just needs a second opportunity at a top club to show he belongs to the tier 1.

Sesko has a pretty big reputation, but he’s been utter gash every time I’ve been able to see him play.

How many chances do Leipzig need? :lol:

Good win by Benfica but Atletico was horrible. Simeone is a stone age manager like Mourinho.

Lille humiliated Madrid, and Benfica apparently did the same to Atletico.

They made the Madrid derby look exactly for what it was, a poor game between two teams that play poor football.

Arsenal backup.. The only reason he played is because Leno got injured and he got a run of games.. did very well.. Got his move.
I was surprised Arsenal sold him. He looked way better than Leno.
I thought the same. He impressed me whenever he started for arsenal.

Totally unnecessary loss. Villa had no shot on goal in second half bar this wonder strike.
Martinez is a prick but good prick. Faking injury despite no player near him. 2 great saves at the end. Should have scored.

I think our new and untested starting lineup in attack did definitely not help us today. Musiala in the middle was a definite improvement, might have done something with more time and with attacking team mates not already getting desperate.

Imagine United beating Bayern.
Literally made me burst out laughing.

:lol::lol::lol:

We need to do something about this absolute state we are in.

Outside of the goal Aston Villa had one shot on target in that match, Neuer truly awful positioning the difference from 0-0 and 1-0 defeat.

Imagine United beating Bayern.
Literally made me burst out laughing.

:lol::lol::lol:

We need to do something about this absolute state we are in.

It's just one game. If United can beat City, they can beat Bayern too.

One day, maybe.

Good win by Benfica but Atletico was horrible. Simeone is a stone age manager like Mourinho.
Atlético are shit, but unfortunately Benfica is playing well, have to admit that.

Reactions: Sly
Salah becomes the highest scoring African player in CL history I believe with that goal. Ok performance, not always controlled. Bologna were better than their current Serie A position suggests.

I think we'll see a couple of bad results when we play Chelsea, Arsenal, Madrid etc. I don't think we're as good as our current form suggests.

How is Martinez still at villa? He should be at a bigger club
He was and he didn't play. Now he's the #1 GK at a PL team playing in the Champions League and the #1 GK for the reigning World Champions. Seems he made a great choice to join them in hindsight.

Lille humiliated Madrid, and Benfica apparently did the same to Atletico.

They made the Madrid derby look exactly for what it was, a poor game between two teams that play poor football.
Yep, think this is fair. It was an awful game.
Salah becomes the highest scoring African player in CL history I believe with that goal. Ok performance, not always controlled. Bologna were better than their current Serie A position suggests.

I think we'll see a couple of bad results when we play Chelsea, Arsenal, Madrid etc. I don't think we're as good as our current form suggests.
Which would be logical. It's good on you guys to be winning and avoiding any banana skins, but your run of games could hardly have been kinder.

Let's hope so!

That was seriously impressive by Benfica, especially considering how defensive Atletico are, and their (usually) fantastic shape. When was the last time Atletico conceded 4? Impressive.