Champions League 24/25 | Matchday 3: October 22-23

Reminds me about the match against Villarreal at Munich. Lots of possession without creating much.
We don't seem to like playing against Emery teams.

Even Man. United wouldn't sign Upamecano.

Get in a physical battle with him and he panics time and again. Pretty debatable he should even be on the pitch.

After a nervous first 15 mins we've grown into things nicely and picking our moments well when to counter.

Villa with a very good mix of defending deep and attacking high in the right moments, paired with a great intensity and good passing.

Yeah, thats an Emery team.

Probably our worst half this season but thats also due to Villa who have been very good imo.

I would take a draw tonight after that first half.

Coman is finished. Gnabry is in continuous decline too. A left winger should be a priority transfer next summer.

Villa will tear us a new arsehole if they come out like this against us at the weekend.

We're picking up a few injuries but Rogers with his ball carrying is a complete nightmare for the likely midfield you'll put out. Would like us to bring in Maatsen and maybe Barkley aswell for the weekend.

That's some good composure from the Zagreb striker. Nice goal.

We are having a stinker of a season so far. Very hard watch game after game.and there is seemingly no progress. Not looking good.

Bayern should be down to 10 men and Kane booked for sure.
In the 2nd review it looked to me like Watkins tripped himself but yeah I have seen red cards for this.

Kim is man marking Rogers too far which leaves Upa in too many 1 vs. 1 against Watkins.

Kim and Upa switched sides but I think it's a clear plan of Emery and Villa to lure one CB into midfield and then Martinez plays a long ball. It happened 6 or 7 times exactly like that.

Villa will tear us a new arsehole if they come out like this against us at the weekend.
Aren't they mostly allowing Bayern have the ball and hitting them on the break? of course such tactics have even more joy against error prone United side who have players that don't bother to track back.

We're picking up a few injuries but Rogers with his ball carrying is a complete nightmare for the likely midfield you'll put out. Would like us to bring in Maatsen and maybe Barkley aswell for the weekend.

It’s the high turnovers which are a concern. Our confidence is rock bottom and mistakes tend to creep in more. Ten hags 1vs1 passing out from the back plus that could be a concern. Hopefully you blow yourselves out tonight.

Bayern just look very underwhelming. The Kompany experiment won't last long.

We are having a stinker of a season so far. Very hard watch game after game.and there is seemingly no progress. Not looking good.
What's the issue with the team or is it the manager, which I don't like saying with the trophies he has won.

Coman is finished. Gnabry is in continuous decline too. A left winger should be a priority transfer next summer.
Coman doenst win much 1 vs 1 since his last injury which is (or was?) by far his biggest strength.
If we manage to get Wirtz Musiala will be the new left wing.

Bayern just look very underwhelming. The Kompany experiment won't last long.
Talk about one game (well half) scouting. We played great football in most matches so far but Villa tonight is our toughest opponent so far.

Aren't they mostly allowing Bayern have the ball and hitting them on the break? of course such tactics have even more joy against error prone United side who have players that don't bother to track back.

They’re setting some traps for Bayern too, and they look like just the kind of ones we usually get caught out with.

He wasnt feeling good in the last 2 days.
But we need him.
Not that Olise was bad, but we need Musiala in the center and Olise on the right side.
At least two of our three behind Kane should be subbed. Sané can't do worse than Coman or especially Gnabry, and Musiala may be able to add the special spark we're lacking.

In the 2nd review it looked to me like Watkins tripped himself but yeah I have seen red cards for this.

Kim is man marking Rogers too far which leaves Upa in too many 1 vs. 1 against Watkins.

Kim and Upa switched sides but I think it's a clear plan of Emery and Villa to lure one CB into midfield and then Martinez plays a long ball. It happened 6 or 7 times exactly like that.
Yea watkins definitely Tripped himself before any contact with the legs. His right foot has clipped his own calf and this then causes his legs to tangle with upemacanos legs. Great decision by the ref and VAR for not calling for a review. The commentatora conveniently didn't want to see that.

It's so frustrating to watch the Bayern front 3 (bar Kane now and again) drop back to defend and press. When I think about our front players...................

Not the cleanest performance. Started well but lost control for 10-15 minutes and Bologna were creating some good chances. Front three not playing well.

Bid for Rashy ?
No way. UTD should sell though.
Coman doenst win much 1 vs 1 since his last injury which is (or was?) by far his biggest strength.
If we manage to get Wirtz Musiala will be the new left wing.
Yes, he lost acceleration and speed. His delivery and finishing was always on/off.

Tel started good last season, but he fizzled out fast, is practically anonymous since. We really need a new left attacker.

What's the issue with the team or is it the manager, which I don't like saying with the trophies he has won.

Combination of both I guess. These tactics are wonky and don’t work.

Team is also missing Kroos and a buncha players having a poor start to the season. We struggle every single game.

Combination of both I guess. These tactics are wonky and don’t work.

Team is also missing Kroos and a buncha players having a poor start to the season. We struggle every single game.
How has Mbappe been? Was he a necessary signing or would the money in wages been better spent on a Kroos replacement?

Looks like Upa cannot help himself, and at this rate, he will get himself sent off in the 2nd half as Watkins intently plays off him.