Casemiro (Out)

Selling him now would suggest the people that are looking after our football currently are no better than the clowns before them.

It is if Ten Hag remains for the rest of it.
No excusing poor tactics or individual errors, but I think we need to look at our preseason schedule and make it better balance preparing the team for the season and less about commercial interests. We have players who didn’t come back until the Charity Shield and are effectively still on preseason after 3/4 games.
I get the context of last season, but given the upheaval and change in the summer we need to give a period of grace and allow people to work before we jump to conclusions.

If an opportunity to move him on is there we have to take it. That's what good squad building is. Then sort a replacement in Jan.

It's only 3.5 months. Anything could happen in that time anyway to render him unavailable. Injury, red cards etc.

you keep him for sure....EtH needs to make life easier for Cas and the other mids. Let them actually have others around them so they aren't tasked to do things physically that is beyond what their legs can do

Selling him now would suggest the people that are looking after our football currently are no better than the clowns before them.
Not really, it'd depend on whether we'd bring in Rabiot to replace him, a superior player at this point.

No excusing poor tactics or individual errors, but I think we need to look at our preseason schedule and make it better balance preparing the team for the season and less about commercial interests. We have players who didn’t come back until the Charity Shield and are effectively still on preseason after 3/4 games.
I get the context of last season, but given the upheaval and change in the summer we need to give a period of grace and allow people to work before we jump to conclusions.
Sorry this doesn't make sense. Players came back late because they were playing in tournaments and had to take time off then the season started.

There was nothing wrong with the preseason. They even adjusted from last summer and planned things to allow for the changing time zones and all of that.

How does loaning Casemiro out for one season “accelerate the club reset”? He’ll be back in the summer either way.

How does loaning Casemiro out for one season “accelerate the club reset”? He’ll be back in the summer either way.

Least he won’t be there to cost us games like he did at the weekend but yeah, it’s only a short term fix and won’t happen anyway as we’d be very light in midfield unless we brought in Rabiot.

He goes to Türkiye, smashes it, gets everyone's attention, gets back into the Brazil set up, we sell him for more next summer.

And this summer we get to sign that free agent midfield super star. You know the one, Davy Klaassen.

I only saw Madrid in the CL or when they faced Barca or Atletico. However I don’t remember Cas being so extravagant and poor in his passing. Granted he had prime Kroos and Modric as his midfield partners, but it almost seems like he is trying to take on that Kroos role with his passing when he does not have the tools for it. What is more surprising that the manager has not asked him to cut that out.

This would be dumb with no way of getting a proper replacement now other than signing a free agent like Rabiot.

That seems foolhardy when Ugarte still has not played a minute and by default the only replacement we could get is Rabiot or promoting another academy player.

It's a little like ten Hag : We can't realistically sack him 3 games in after making the decision to keep him this summer.

None of those issues with Casemiro are fresh from yesterday. He came back looking fairly fit so making the effort to be part of the squad.

I'd wait until January to address all that if at all possible.

Yeah unless we can get Rabiot which doesn't look likely with Saudi offering him daft money

It'd be a pretty shocking misjudgement to be selling him now. But if he's done, he's done and you just have to rip off the bandaid. Maybe it wasn't us that needed to be convinced it was time up? I presume we can bring in a short term loan and buy someone in january.
If you cant its a dumb idea just because our midfield is so thin.

Why don't we send Ten Hag to Turkey, and have Casemiro as player manager.

I doubt it'd be any worse, anat least he'd know where to play himself

Why don't we send Ten Hag to Turkey, and have Casemiro as player manager.

I doubt it'd be any worse, anat least he'd know where to play himself

I know this is a joke, but it's entirely possible he'd revert to his Madrid style XI (Isco not Bale and the sides flipped) and we'd be better, or at least no worse.

----------Zirkzee/Hojlund---------
------Bruno --------------------------Garnacho/Amad
-----------Mainoo------Ugarte-----
-------------------Casemiro----------
Shaw---Licha-----DeLigt------Dalot/Mazraoui

No hurry in letting him go despite the fact he's been cack. He'll be an option from the bench, especially since we're really thin in midfield.

After 3 games? Really?!

Well we are 6 points off everyone already and another poor result or two in the next few games (not the easiest run of games either) will pretty much put the nail in the coffin. Im not sure anyone here is really confident that at this point EtH will/can turn things around, as its putting a pretty unrealistic expectation on Ugarte to magically fix our entire midfield issues.

After 3 games? Really?!

Absolutely, as long as philosopher Ten Hag is in charge.

The first three games weren't bad luck per se. Nothing has significantly changed on the pitch. We were terrible last season, we are still terrible.

The philosopher refuses to adapt to anything, so nothing changes until he is let go.

I am convinced that Casemiro would be a different player under a different manager. A great and important one. Ten Hag with all his standards has turned him into a liability.

I only saw Madrid in the CL or when they faced Barca or Atletico. However I don’t remember Cas being so extravagant and poor in his passing. Granted he had prime Kroos and Modric as his midfield partners, but it almost seems like he is trying to take on that Kroos role with his passing when he does not have the tools for it. What is more surprising that the manager has not asked him to cut that out.
The manager wants the team to get the ball forward as quickly as possible so no way that he would discourage them from doing it. Ten hag seems to play the risk/reward game. We will make mistakes and giveaways but sometimes on the flip side it will pay off

Don’t like that way of playing personally

Last edited:
We're set to have 2 years of misery as he will cash on every last penny owned from his last big pay cheque. Brace yourself for more photos of him holding trophies elsewhere.

Well we are 6 points off everyone already and another poor result or two in the next few games (not the easiest run of games either) will pretty much put the nail in the coffin. Im not sure anyone here is really confident that at this point EtH will/can turn things around, as its putting a pretty unrealistic expectation on Ugarte to magically fix our entire midfield issues.
Were not 6 off everyone because not everyone won all their games.

Sorry this doesn't make sense. Players came back late because they were playing in tournaments and had to take time off then the season started.

There was nothing wrong with the preseason. They even adjusted from last summer and planned things to allow for the changing time zones and all of that.
It’s part of being a Manchester United player. You will be an international player with international match commitments. I think at one stage we had nearly a full team made up of international captains.

Arsenal, Liverpool, City all had the same issue with players coming back late but have managed to not be terrible in the first 3 games. What did they do with their preseason that we didn’t?

Get rid, even if it meant we have to rely on Collyer every week, absolutely bin Casemiro to whoever is willing to take him. His wife should also keep quiet nobody gives a feck what he did in Madrid, she can go and do that parading of past honors in Arabia.

Get rid, even if it meant we have to rely on Collyer every week, absolutely bin Casemiro to whoever is willing to take him. His wife should also keep quiet nobody gives a feck what he did in Madrid, she can go and do that parading of past honors in Arabia.

At least we signed Ugarte as his long term replacement. The two in midfield will be Mainoo/Ugarte for now and the future.

Unfortunately, we still need depth and cover for these, and Casemiro is not even the answer for depth.

At least we signed Ugarte as his long term replacement. The two in midfield will be Mainoo/Ugarte for now and the future.

Unfortunately, we still need depth and cover for these, and Casemiro is not even the answer for depth.
Two CM were needed this summer but that story is done now. Casemiro should be out of the door, and we can manage in the meantime, whether it's another kid from the youth team or Martinez filling out as CDM.

The manager wants the team to get the ball forward as quickly as possible so ongoing he would discourage them from doing it. Ten hag seems to play the risk/reward game. We will make mistakes and giveaways but sometimes on the flip side it will pay off

Don’t like that way of playing personally
That seems like what is happening, else it does not make sense that Cas has suddenly changed his style of play. Why we persist with this is beyond my understanding though.