Casemiro (Out)

I’m calling BS . Not a word about him leaving prior to Liverpool game as he played quite well. But a shitshow Sunday and he’s linked with a move . We could be playing 60 games this season with Mainoo and Ugarte alongside an injury meme and a kid . No chance

Bad idea for him to leave now. He seems destined for a squad role and is good enough for that only. Ugarte, Casemiro and Collyer are decent options to have at 6 and we will need all through the season

I’m calling BS . Not a word about him leaving prior to Liverpool game as he played quite well. But a shitshow Sunday and he’s linked with a move . We could be playing 60 games this season with Mainoo and Ugarte alongside an injury meme and a kid . No chance
There's been links to Saudi before the end of last season and it's been reported that we wanted to sell Casemiro to fund Ugarte.

The links have been there all along and it would be the right call to get rid of Casemiro.

The feeling I got was it was either McTom or Casemiro going & couldn’t find a buyer for Casemiro, so it was McTom that went. Which coincides with EtH wanting to keep McTom

There's been links to Saudi before the end of last season and it's been reported that we wanted to sell Casemiro to fund Ugarte.

The links have been there all along and it would be the right call to get rid of Casemiro.

Forgive me if I'm wrong or read this wrong, I'm pretty sure when a player gets sold that basically terminates his contract and the buying club takes that over, I mean loyalty bonuses sure but why exactly do we pay Casemiro the rest of what he's "owed" contract wise?

That is if Casemiro gets sold. That terminates the contract with United.

United continuing to have Casemiro in the team puts the receivables due to Casemiro at 15m per year. That's 30m for his contract that United are legally bound to pay Casemiro. Had we sold Casemiro for 15m this window, We would have the same financial outlay (We'd get 15m plus save 30m in wages) as selling him for 30m at the next transfer window (getting 30m and 15m in wages).

If anything, this shows what a shitshow the entire Casemiro episode turned out to be. Paying someone 375k weekly on top of that humongous transfer fee. That's a 130m outlay on Casemiro that United aren't going to recover from for a long time.

Should loan Casemiro for 2 years and pay 100k of his wages on the 2 year loan, meanwhile sign a free agent like Rabiot on 150k wages.

That would be better than paying Casemiro 400k wages and have to keep him in the squad.

Paying 250k total but having Rabiot would be better.

Last edited:
Let him play in Europe. We need to rest players and his tempo and experience will thrive in those matches. If we ditch him for free Collyer is one red card/injury from being a starter.

Thing is, after watching him vs Liverpool, that will be the blueprint for every manager to play against us if he's in the team. We're in a bit of a precarious position in keeping him. I agree with @Overhaul FC, it may be better to have 250k on the books and Rabiot, than 350-375k and having to adapt our team to cover for his weaknesses.

Id really like to see him with Mainoo and Ugarte in midfield. His force is his creativity which he still has I believe. Maybe if we free him a bit from the defensive tasks he’s up to it. He’s shit in his current role but both Mainoo and Casemiro can be creative if given the task.

Rather that than a loan to Turkey. Obviously sell him if we get an offer from Saudi.

Against big teams:
Casemiro-Ugarte-Mainoo
Amad-Bruno-Garnacho

Where Bruno has a free role - that’s where he’s always been at his best. Also you just make him compete with Mount this way.

I can’t see this happening, I doubt Galatasaray would even cover half his wages for the season. Plus it would leave us very light in midfield and basically force us to sign Rabiot to get another body in, which is also unlikely because if we were actually interested in him there would’ve been a lot more links when the transfer window was open. We’re stuck with him for another season at least.

Thing is, after watching him vs Liverpool, that will be the blueprint for every manager to play against us if he's in the team. We're in a bit of a precarious position in keeping him. I agree with @Overhaul FC, it may be better to have 250k on the books and Rabiot, than 350-375k and having to adapt our team to cover for his weaknesses.
Luckily we've got Ugarte in so if that works out as planned we might not have to start him much. Can't see us offloading Casemiro now unfortunately.

Should loan Casemiro for 2 years and pay 100k of his wages on the 2 year loan, meanwhile sign a free agent like Rabiot on 150k wages.

That would be better than paying Casemiro 400k wages and have to keep him in the squad.

Paying 250k total but having Rabiot would be better.
Is this in Turkish lira?

Luckily we've got Ugarte in so if that works out as planned we might not have to start him much. Can't see us offloading Casemiro now unfortunately.

Not starting a guy who isn't good enough anyway, and is on 375k weekly wages is far from ideal. Closer to ideal would be the Rabiot deal with us paying some of his wages.

I'm hoping Galatasary and Casemiro go for it. Otherwise we're grossly overpaying a substitute.

Last edited:
For sure, but he won't be ready to start for at least a few games. I just wonder if the Liverpool game has exposed him too much and will now just be a target.

I think loaning Casemiro to Galatasaray removes drama from the dressing room and denies Erik ability to make a stupid selection [of Casemiro] so it is a positive like selling McT was positive, less options to select but it was stupid option to begin with

Now, the big question is whether it is ok having a manager that you need to take stupid options away from to make him stop doing stupid things

I think loaning Casemiro to Galatasaray removes drama from the dressing room and denies Erik ability to make a stupid selection [of Casemiro] so it is a positive like selling McT was positive, less options to select but it was stupid option to begin with

Now, the big question is whether it is ok having a manager that you need to take stupid options away from to make him stop doing stupid things
When Erik had his biggest game of the season, he dropped him. There's nothing to suggest Erik wants to start him, he just has no other options.

There's no way they'll let him go anywhere now. Too short of options
Well depends how hard Casemiro pushes for the exit himself and how deep conflict between him and Erik is

If he doesn't go now, he may still go in January when we can also loan somebody

At the point where Casemiro's wife posts that stupid photo of trophies, it is clear that conflict is pretty deep

Go and have a look what we're paying him in pounds. His minimum gross is 350k pounds. God knows what he might get in bonuses.
Always wary of those.

There’s usually a non CL reduction and no way of knowing how achievable the bonuses are (don’t think the bonus line in this weeks paycheck will be that weighty!)

I don't see a problem in letting him go. Ugarte is here and he is very Bruno-like in robustness. Collyer will cover for him. Eriksen and Mount as Mainoo/Bruno cover. Potentially Kone to get some games in the second half of the season. It's far from ideal and we do need to sign at least two midfielders next summer, but it is what it is.

I don't see a problem in letting him go. Ugarte is here and he is very Bruno-like in robustness. Collyer will cover for him. Eriksen and Mount as Mainoo/Bruno cover. Potentially Kone to get some games in the second half of the season. It's far from ideal and we do need to sign at least two midfielders next summer, but it is what it is.
Agree. Think we could manage until January.

I will say he has probably been our best header of a ball since he's been here. He's not the tallest or the most physical so it just shows the heading is about intelligence( knowing when to time the run or where the ball will be) and desire. At least during attacking set pieces he has been a great addition.

It's a shame his legs are gone and he's in the PL where that will be exposed every week. I think he could still be really good in MLS or somewhere of that quality.

The Kobbie hype train has got to stop. He has so much to learn, on top of not over playing a 19 year old. He needs to ideally be a squad rotation option and not be leant on
We don’t exactly have a lot of options to rotate him with do we? He’s our most technically proficient player in the middle of the park, and he’s the best on the ball under pressure.
He might only be 19 but it’s a big drop off currently to leave him out of our none existent midfield.
Plus, a guy who knew what he was talking about once said if you’re good enough, you’re old enough. It’s part of what United is all about.

We'd be crazy to offload him unless we can bring in someone like Rabiot.

The hope has to be that Ugarte performs well enough to be the starter and then Casemiro can play less. He can rotate with Mainoo and Ugarte and playing less minutes should then raise his level a bit.

I think we're currently a midfielder short. If we sell another without being able to replace them then I'll be at a loss.
Agree wholeheartedly. I'm no cassemiro fan but I feel we are short in midfield as it is nevermind getting rid of cassemiro too.

The bench was very weak against Liverpool. If we didn't have Cassemiro then Collyer would have started with Erikkson the only midfielder on the bench.

We don't have the numbers in midfield as it is nevermind if we were to lose cassemiro.

That seems foolhardy when Ugarte still has not played a minute and by default the only replacement we could get is Rabiot or promoting another academy player.

It's a little like ten Hag : We can't realistically sack him 3 games in after making the decision to keep him this summer.

None of those issues with Casemiro are fresh from yesterday. He came back looking fairly fit so making the effort to be part of the squad.

I'd wait until January to address all that if at all possible.

We don’t exactly have a lot of options to rotate him with do we? He’s our most technically proficient player in the middle of the park, and he’s the best on the ball under pressure.
He might only be 19 but it’s a big drop off currently to leave him out of our none existent midfield.
Plus, a guy who knew what he was talking about once said if you’re good enough, you’re old enough. It’s part of what United is all about.
This one is on the state of our squad that we couldn’t afford to get another midfielder in. Kobbie would be on the bench of our previous top teams. It’s not fair on him to shoulder all the playmaking and ball progressing. He’s a good player, could be a great player, but not near the likes of Fabregas etc or the Barca midfielders when they broke through at a young age.

A functioning Casemiro would be nice to try to pair with Ugarte, in more physical games.

The biggest problem i have with him is that i am 100% sure there is a better player in him still, that what he shown the last 14 months. Its like he has been tired of being the defensive unit his whole career and now thinks "i would like to have some fun with it".

I would still not let him go without a proper replacement.

A functioning Casemiro would be nice to try to pair with Ugarte, in more physical games.
Now this I agree with, we don’t have a like for like swap for Kobbie but all our players should be used to their strengths against any given opponent. This isn’t something that we do currently, choosing instead to for our best players into roles they aren’t comfortable with.

I will say he has probably been our best header of a ball since he's been here. He's not the tallest or the most physical so it just shows the heading is about intelligence( knowing when to time the run or where the ball will be) and desire. At least during attacking set pieces he has been a great addition.

It's a shame his legs are gone and he's in the PL where that will be exposed every week. I think he could still be really good in MLS or somewhere of that quality.
Maguire is among the best in the world aerially. Think maybe only VVD had better numbers in the league.

Maguire is among the best in the world aerially. Think maybe only VVD had better numbers in the league.

Maguire is great defensive header but he never fills me with confidence during attacking set pieces. 5 headed goals in the PL over 5 seasons is pretty average.