Casemiro (Out)

We're not light on numbers, we have plenty of numbers, the issue is that we've spent money on shite.

Actual central midfielders, yes. We're threadbare. Attacking midfielders, we're OK numbers wise.

Why the feck did we offer a 5 year deal to a 30 year old on 375k. Did we not try 200 grand first? Or 250? Did we then not think nah that’s fecking mental, we’re not paying that…
Because we were still under the managerial regime of accountants, investment bankers and Glazer yes-men who thought resigning a broken Phil Jones on a new 4 year contract "to protect his asset value" was a good idea.

This thread is a Caf wet dream. Nothing will come of this fantasy, he will still be here and still playing until January earliest and very likely the whole season.

As others have pointed out, we would be light in CM/DM without him, and the club have zero interest in Rabiot. 1+1 doesn’t equal 5.

Of course it's a dream but getting a loan obligation for Sancho was such a miracle it has made anything seen possible.

Also he might not be playing if there's been another fallout with Hag. Varane was left on the bench for about 8 weeks after his unceremonious dropping early last season.
I’d say at the very least he will start until Ugarte is up to speed. Then it’s up to Ugarte to do the business and keep him benched.

I sincerely that Saudi makes an offer to take him away from United. Even it is a lowball offer, everyone should consider it. Casemiro should leave United as he won many trophies and staying at United will only damage his reputation. Let's bite the bullet even there is no incoming transfer, it is better than giving balls away to opponents to score.

Casemiro's got slightly less than 2 years on his contract. That equates out to around 30M that's payable.

Provided there's a side who's interested in him and he's happy with the wages and does want to go. Accept a 15-20m offer and cut your losses. The amount that United will save in wages far exceeds whatever transfer fee benefits. Even if United hold out for say 30M at end of season, you are still going to have to pay Casemiro 15m in salary.

Maybe Saudi's interest cooled due to salary demands and Case's lack of interest, but maybe now he'll reconsider. I hope their transfer window is open...

It will leave us short, but while Rabiot is available maybe we should consider this move, although not at the expense of another long contract and inflated salary.

Saying that, we need another fecking manager. EtH does nothing to shield his players from criticism, gone are the 'them v us' mentality. It's all Harry Potter and me me me with EtH.

If there is any truth to these rumours, we've lined up a midfielder for January.

Should have been sold (as should Eriksen) for literally whatever fee we could get for them in the Summer.

Holding onto players who are physically shot to bits is a false comfort blanket. People talk about "depth" but they're not "depth" if they're so far off the pace as to be basically useless.

I'm no huge Collyer fan (I think he'll end up having a decent career in the Championship or lower PL) but we saw straight away when he replaced Casemiro that an average player who can run is a million times more useful than a once-great player who can't.

Shouldn't be that hard of a concept to grasp, otherwise clubs would still be clamouring to sign Scholes and Zidane on free transfers.

If he wants to go, then we should let him. Maybe realised that he's done here and is going to get murdered week in, week out in the premier league if so it'd be cruel to stand in his way.

As poor as he’s been, we need numbers in that position and he has shown glimpses of being a capable player. His confidence looks totally shot though - much like the rest of the squad.
If he stays, I feel he will be one of many that could thrive under a better manager. Hopefully, they get a new manager soon.

As poor as he’s been, we need numbers in that position and he has shown glimpses of being a capable player. His confidence looks totally shot though - much like the rest of the squad.
If he stays, I feel he will be one of many that could thrive under a better manager. Hopefully, they get a new manager soon.
The new manager would have to be able to turn back time if he is to help Casemiro.

Still feel he is a great player being exploited by the role he's forced to play in the squad. Actually think him and Ugarte could form a potent partnership. Really hope he's kept.

Casemiro's got slightly less than 2 years on his contract. That equates out to around 30M that's payable.

Provided there's a side who's interested in him and he's happy with the wages and does want to go. Accept a 15-20m offer and cut your losses. The amount that United will save in wages far exceeds whatever transfer fee benefits. Even if United hold out for say 30M at end of season, you are still going to have to pay Casemiro 15m in salary.

Forgive me if I'm wrong or read this wrong, I'm pretty sure when a player gets sold that basically terminates his contract and the buying club takes that over, I mean loyalty bonuses sure but why exactly do we pay Casemiro the rest of what he's "owed" contract wise?

Forgive me if I'm wrong or read this wrong, I'm pretty sure when a player gets sold that basically terminates his contract and the buying club takes that over, I mean loyalty bonuses sure but why exactly do we pay Casemiro the rest of what he's "owed" contract wise?
Because it’s a valid employment contract and if United chose to sell him, we owe him the remainder of the contract. He hasn’t asked to be transferred

He is of course past his best but there is no midfielder in the world who will look good under ETH tactics because he doesn't believe in midfielders.

At the expense of Kobbies playing time?

No. Kobbie could play at the front of the triangle or we could have a lash off that 4-2-2-2-2-2-2-2 formation. Few different ways to accommodate Cas/Ugarte/Mainoo/Bruno in the one team.

Not a chance they'd pay them all, they'd probably only be able to cover a third at most, I reckon.
They're paying Osimhen around 320k a week, and I think they have Icardi there on around 200k. I don't think they'd cover all his wages but I figured they could manage at least half if not more.

Yeah, I don't want Rabiot...
I mean to be fair, if the club I’m going to has it’s own in-house media criticise me, saying they “have a bad feeling about me” - I’m going go be apprehensive about going there too.

I mean to be fair, if the club I’m going to has it’s own in-house media criticise me, saying they “have a bad feeling about me” - I’m going go be apprehensive about going there too.
You need to have a stronger character than that to handle the pressure here though.

The MUTV was absolutely nothing and the fact it got to him is a massive red flag.

Appears to be true

It was talked of as 1 year loan deal. Which is kind of pointless. Unless we really are in the shit with PSR (not least if they do end up sacking the manager mid-season). We have Mainoo, Ugarte and Casemiro as senior central midfielders. No one else. We'll play 55-60 games. Mainoo and Casemiro have energy for about 60 minutes. This really is a no-go unless Erik trusts in a young player enough to get loads of minutes and Gala take him off our hands permanently.

I think we're currently a midfielder short. If we sell another without being able to replace them then I'll be at a loss.

As bad as he's been, I don't see the point in letting him go if we don't bring in a replacement ourselves. Yes he shouldn't be starting for us now we have Ugarte, but neither should Mainoo be playing every game. And if/when Ugarte does get injured. we'd have to rely on academy prospects.

As reasonably good as our transfer window was, I really thought we needed an additional midfield signing, so unfortunately I feel like we can't really afford to let Casemiro go from a depth perspective. He can still do a job as a squad player or perhaps with a more advanced role on the pitch instead of playing the pivot which he doesn't have the legs for anymore.

I'm not sure Rabiot is the answer either. I think we should be looking at a midfielder in the January window, and only after we've brought them in we should look at shifting Casemiro.

I think we're currently a midfielder short. If we sell another without being able to replace them then I'll be at a loss.
Yup agree with this, it would seem odd to sell McT and then Casemiro with only Ugarte coming in, feels like you'd be short once again.

It does seem a bit of a mental idea but I wonder whether Eriksen could fill in since Case would be pushing forward anyway with Ugarte in the starting eleven?