Casemiro (Out)

The smart thing to do with Casemiro, call me crazy, would be to not exploit his crippling lack of mobility every game and maybe play to suit his strengths...
That would be too sensible for here, when the pitchforks are at the ready.

The smart thing to do with Casemiro, call me crazy, would be to not exploit his crippling lack of mobility every game and maybe play to suit his strengths...
Lack of mobility has nothing to do with the brain dead passes he was playing that led to their goals or his inability to even position himself. It's not like it's just the last match where he looked awful, he's been awful for over a year. A 32 year old Ronaldo you might mould your team to play to his strengths, a 32 year old Casemiro isn't someone you do that for.

Lack of mobility has nothing to do with the brain dead passes he was playing that led to their goals or his inability to even position himself. It's not like it's just the last match where he looked awful, he's been awful for over a year. A 32 year old Ronaldo you might mould your team to play to his strengths, a 32 year old Casemiro isn't someone you do that for.
Hence why I said play to his strengths instead...

If Ten hag doesn't change his tactics mate he will be sacked. I'm not saying build the team around him but we can't just keep leaving the midfield two totally isolated and vulnerable. He has too much ground to cover and can't do it. No one probably could.

Correct. He still has a role with us playing alongside somebody like Ugarte.

Exactly this. A better coach would use him in a suitable role.

Hence why I said play to his strengths instead...

If Ten hag doesn't change his tactics mate he will be sacked. I'm not saying build the team around him but we can't just keep leaving the midfield two totally isolated and vulnerable. He has too much ground to cover and can't do it. No one probably could.

It is the way we press and move after we get possession too. The 6 stays and all the midfielders and both full backs move up, and there aren’t passing options on.

The tactical setup is honestly a mess and it gets brutally exposed against competent teams.

It is the way we press and move after we get possession too. The 6 stays and all the midfielders and both full backs move up, and there aren’t passing options on.

The tactical setup is honestly a mess and it gets brutally exposed against competent teams.
Was quite funny how Slot quite quickly explained why it's poor and how hard it makes the players work the other day. You have to laugh.

If this is true, it's a tad too late given our serious lack of numbers in midfield. Collyer is definitely not ready. Gore could be, but he's still recovering from a surgery on his shoulder - anyone have a timeline on that front?
Gore played one match on loan last season at Port Vale and gave the ball away a lot before he was withdrawn. The commentators were saying that he didn't have the physique to play at that level yet.

As hurried as Collyer looked at times against Liverpool his coaches think he's physically and positionally ready to play for the first team.
He needs games to get up to speed with the intensity.

I'm really hopeful of Gore reaching his potential for us but his performance against Portsmouth for Vale was a lot worse than Collyer's against Liverpool.

Feels a bit scapegoaty doesn’t it

Last season we had Mct, Cas, and Armabat. We can't possibly replace the 3 with Ugarte. We're already short, so unless we're planning to sign Rabiot, this shouldn't happen.

Some of out transfers last few seasons prior to this summer just made no sense. As bad as Di Maria, Sancho and Pogba were. They at least made sense at the time. Casemiro, Mount and Antony just baffling the fees paid
Or giving Phil Jones that 4+1 extension when we all knew he wouldnt stay fit. Just clueless.
Yeah actually he looks more like 8 or 10 the fiest two matches, getting into the box alot more.
Yeah, thanks Murtough.
And Alexander-Arnold. The chuckle brothers. :lol:

Yeah Ten Hag has set up teams to concede:

7 to Liverpool
6 to Man City
4 to Brentford, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Bayern Munich, Copenhagen
3 goals conceded 13 times, including twice to Arsenal, twice to Liverpool and once to City

By comparison United conceded more than 3 goals only twice in Mourinho's first two seasons! And I don't like Mourinho, or his style but the idea that you couldn't avoid conceding so many chances doesn't hold up. You're talking about one manager conceding 3+ goals 2 times over two seasons vs one conceding 3+ goals 19 times.

I don't think we will be, I have not seen a single reliable source confirm the Gala story and I doubt we are moving anyone at this point as evidenced by our refusal to let Eriksen go on deadline day.
I'd say the bit that makes it a little believable is that Casemiro is one of the few players that didn't hide some tension with the manager and you'd think his word has some weight in the locker room.

I wouldn’t be hugely surprised if this happens, especially if Yoro & Mount will be back after internationals.

Ugarte, Mainoo, Mount, Eriksens Collyer (Martinez able to cover as well when Yoro can play CB next to De Ligt)

So how do we "play to suit his strengths" then? Everyone behind the ball and 3 around Casemiro in case he's in the mood to sabotage the team?

I wouldn’t be hugely surprised if this happens, especially if Yoro & Mount will be back after internationals.

Ugarte, Mainoo, Mount, Eriksens Collyer (Martinez able to cover as well when Yoro can play CB next to De Ligt)
Mount isn’t a CM let alone a CDM. Yoro isn’t back this international break. He has another 4-6 weeks to go. Martinez can’t play CDM. If Case is leaving which I doubt is going to happen then it means we are brining in Rabiot.

So how do we "play to suit his strengths" then? Everyone behind the ball and 3 around Casemiro in case he's in the mood to sabotage the team?
What you've done is taken what I've said to the extreme for reasons unbeknownst to me.

The team is too spread out and he has too much ground to cover to the point where to find a teammate it's at minimum a 15-20 yard pass nearly everytime and it's just not really in his skillset.

I'd like to see us more compact which would help us both going forward and defensively (which we've been trying to do to do)

I know this news has not been confirmed by another source, but reading the first bit of news it's actually a season's loan. Which means feck all for us, just that we'd be down to 2 senior central midfielders, instead of 3. He's obviously not going to be sent out on loan. That would be utter madness at this point.

The best option would've been offloading him and his wages in the summer window to fund an additional midfielder besides Ugarte.

This is the second best option. We're already light on numbers in midfield so find a manager who isn't going to try turning Casemiro into a creative midfielder and expose his flaws every game.

The best option would've been offloading him and his wages in the summer window to fund an additional midfielder besides Ugarte.

This is the second best option. We're already light on numbers in midfield so find a manager who isn't going to try turning Casemiro into a creative midfielder and expose his flaws every game.
We're not light on numbers, we have plenty of numbers, the issue is that we've spent money on shite.

The sad thing watching Casemiro is when he goes to ground with his tackles.

It’s an easy way out of tracking back, those arguing the tactics/manager is wrong. I wonder where he can play without his flaws being exploited?

Maybe add him to the pile of dysfunctional no.10’s at the club.

If it is genuine maybe he's just had enough of not only ETH's suicide tactics making him look like a goober but also the English media, he's been in Sky Sports' crosshairs for more than a few months now... I don't bother with Talksport but I'm sure they're the same.

Obviously he's a grown man on a lot of money, and I'm sure he understands how it works, but when you've got the likes of Gabby Agbonlahor & Jamie O'Hara saying your useless or Jamie Carragher and ex-Utd pundits directing the masses to question you at you every opportunity it must get beyond frustrating.

We're not light on numbers, we have plenty of numbers, the issue is that we've spent money on shite.
Ugarte, Mainoo, Eriksen and Collyer would be the remaining options if Casemiro left. Kone if he eventually makes it to the first team.

That is light. And not much quality either.

Ugarte, Mainoo, Eriksen and Collyer would be the remaining options if Casemiro left. Kone if he eventually makes it to the first team.

That is light. And not much quality either.

Extremely light and not much quality as you said. Injury to Ugarte/Mainoo and we are up shits creek without a paddle.