Casemiro (Out)

If this is true, it's a tad too late given our serious lack of numbers in midfield. Collyer is definitely not ready. Gore could be, but he's still recovering from a surgery on his shoulder - anyone have a timeline on that front?

fecking bite their hands off. I never want to see him in a red shirt again after that shambolic performance. The mob in Madrid would've done worse if he pulled that against Barca, so boo hoo, talk about respect, post all the trophy pics you want but doesn't change the fact that your legs are gone and you're crap now.

We roll with Ugarte and Collyer.

We dont have the numbers at the ready to lose someone else at that position unless we want to run Ugarte into the ground like we did Case last season...

Maybe if we sign someone on a free before?
Rabiot only one available realistically

All I can say about this, is thank heavens we've got competent people in charge now who aren't handing out enormous contracts to aging players.

It's frustrating having to deal with this situation with Casemiro, but this should be the last time.

All I can say about this, is thank heavens we've got competent people in charge now who aren't handing out enormous contracts to aging players.

It's frustrating having to deal with this situation with Casemiro, but this should be the last time.

I think we should make a cheeky 400k p/w contract offer to Salah just to force Liverpool's hand :)

We’d have to sign Rabiot if this happens, it would leave us very light in midfield even with Ugarte coming in, especially when you can’t rely on Mount to string more than two games together without getting injured.

Why the feck did we offer a 5 year deal to a 30 year old on 375k. Did we not try 200 grand first? Or 250? Did we then not think nah that’s fecking mental, we’re not paying that…

Why the feck did we offer a 5 year deal to a 30 year old on 375k. Did we not try 200 grand first? Or 250? Did we then not think nah that’s fecking mental, we’re not paying that…

Tempted to bump the "Was signing Casemiro a mistake?" thread, because there's a pretty bloody obvious answer at this point.

I hope to never see us spend £60m on a 30 year old again.

Tempted to bump the "Was signing Casemiro a mistake?" thread, because there's a pretty bloody obvious answer at this point.

Yep. Pretty sure a few of us did say at the time, erm why have we paid 60m for a 30 year old? Then we heard what wages he was on, and he was playing so well you almost couldn’t bring yourself to mention how mad it was. But then he did what all players in their 30s do…

Just a shame we didn’t think that far ahead

I'd let him go. Collyer is a safer option nowadays.
Based on a few pre season games and 30 minutes in a home defeat. Nice. Not at all impulsive. Which not at all is a reason for so many of our bad decisions.
Even too much for Saudi clubs mate. The old "regime" really screwed us over mate.
More than enough fans were fawning over this transfer when it happend. Same as with Varane. Lets face it - when the name is big enough, most fans will find a reason why bad decisions can be good decisions under some circumstances.

Ahem, not sure you are up to speed in terms of contract news...

The fee isn't the main issue (even though it certainly wasn't painless), nor the salary. The issue is the contract length. Lets hope, more fans become aware of such things to get into frenzies anymore as soon as certain names come into the speculations. There were very few people back then who questioned the transfer when it happened. A few were called party poopers iirc.

It would utterly mad to let him go if no one else came in, but I would imagine Rabiot would come straight in if so.

If you can't buy McTominay you buy his understudy.

Remember we'd had a horrific start and as per usual, we'd not done enough in the transfer window until then, so were over a barrel.

Yeah, I don't want Rabiot...

For a third year in succession, United were linked with Adrien Rabiot, but unlike the previous two summers, there was little substance this time.

In Ten Hag’s first window, people at United thought they were close to striking a deal with the player after agreeing a £15m fee with Juventus. But then Lou Macari questioned the transfer on the club’s TV channel MUTV, questioning why no top club had signed him and saying he had “a bad feeling about the guy”.

Personal terms were yet to be finalised with Rabiot and the demands made by the player’s mother and agent Veronique were said to be significant. But it can be revealed he was also allegedly upset at the criticism before even joining, especially coming from the club’s in-house media, and had second thoughts about the move.

That uncertainty from Rabiot also planted a seed of doubt at the club about his ability to withstand the scrutiny United players are under. Still, given Rabiot’s quality — he has won five league titles in France and one in Italy — United considered an offer last summer when he was a free agent.

Even too much for Saudi clubs mate. The old "regime" really screwed us over mate.

Some of out transfers last few seasons prior to this summer just made no sense. As bad as Di Maria, Sancho and Pogba were. They at least made sense at the time. Casemiro, Mount and Antony just baffling the fees paid

This would be beyond dramatic as we are short in midfield anyways and while he had a bad day, he can still be useful

Remember we'd had a horrific start and as per usual, we'd not done enough in the transfer window until then, so were over a barrel.
Because Murtough spent until late august doing his best Mrs Doyle impression to Frenkie De Jong. Glad we’re not run by those clowns anymore.

Pay him off. Real did the same with Hazard.
Real Madrid were in far better shape than we were in attack than us in defensive midfield. A bad match doesn’t mean Casemiro can’t be useful in a squad when we have 4 competitions. If we get an offer to sell then fine but it’s not like he’s been disruptive in training or anything by reports, gain next to nothing by paying him off.

We've already decided that we don't need any goals in the team, so I suppose we might as well try having no midfield as well.

Real Madrid were in far better shape than we were in attack than us in defensive midfield. A bad match doesn’t mean Casemiro can’t be useful in a squad when we have 4 competitions. If we get an offer to sell then fine but it’s not like he’s been disruptive in training or anything by reports, gain next to nothing by paying him off.
Yep. It's ridiculously dim of people saying we should bin Casemiro off immediately.

That would leave us in a very similar crap position where we'd have Mainoo and Ugarte as our only options there. No Collyer isn't a realistic option for more than a few mins here and there.

Leading to inevitably overplaying them and injuries. Plus the way we leave the midfield so empty inevitable suspensions for when both have to pull back their runner out of desperation.

Casemiro had a terrible 15mins but he can get back on it. We won't play a firing team like Liverpool every week.

Collyer played one game and he wasn’t very good, how is he a safer option? Casemiro played well against Fulham in the first match.
Agreed. We all had zero expectations of him which he just about lived up to.

The smart thing to do with Casemiro, call me crazy, would be to not exploit his crippling lack of mobility every game and maybe play to suit his strengths...