View full 2024-25 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
casemiro-durante-partida-entre-manchester-united-e-wolverhampton-pelo-campeonato-ingles-1692048642064_v2_450x600.jpg

Full Name: Carlos Henrique José Francisco Venancio Casimiro
Date of Birth: Feb 23, 1992
Nationality: Brazil
26.png

Other Nationalities: Spain
157.png

Height: 185cm
Squad Number: #18
Position: Midfield - Defensive Midfield
Foot: Right
Player Agent: Best of You Agency
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2026
Contract option: Option for a further year​

Right section? This is the transfer forum.

If he does stay then I hope EtH is a bit more sensible and uses him better...having a new CB pairing capable of playing a highline behind him should help and that will also require Casemiro to cover less ground.

Why is there a performance thread for a current player in the transfer forum?

If we can’t get a good fee I want him around. Pretty much our entire squad looked absolutely wank last season and a it always felt an absolutely impossible job for any DM, the space between the defence, midfield and attack was like nothing I’ve ever seen before.

If we bring in De Ligt, another CB/LB option, and with Martinez back, we’ll squeeze that space so much better. Add Ugarte & Casemiro becomes a very nice option to have around.

Move this to the right forum

How has he been the last two games?

Amad and him were the 2 best players IMO. Looked like 1st season Casemiro with countless incisive passes that shredded the Betis defence, and did mostly fine defensively. 7.5/10.

Like Rashford and Mount, he looks fitter this season with a point to prove. Too bad our other top earner (Sancho) hasn't followed their professionalism.

Betis did look off the pace though, which suited him.

Amad and him were the 2 best players IMO. Looked like 1st season Casemiro with countless incisive passes that shredded the Betis defence, and did mostly fine defensively. 7.5/10.

Like Rashford and Mount, he looks fitter this season with a point to prove. Too bad our other top earner (Sancho) hasn't followed their professionalism.

Betis did look off the pace though, which suited him.

Exactly this, he didn't drop off overnight but the reality is he isn't as quick anymore so the pace of the PL doesn't suit him, if he moved to Serie A I think he could still do a great job.

Honestly one of the better players today, he still has that experience. I would be totally for keeping him if he wasn't on such monstrous wages. Seems like a top professional and gels well with everyone.

Unfortunately you can clearly see he's lost his mobility, Betis were really tame with their attacks/counters, he didn't have much to do in that respect. Collyer clear upgrade in terms of mobility when he came on.

Really hope we get Ugarte in, and promote Collyer to rotate.

Feel like he might have more to offer with a 6 alongside him to do the running for him, as he pushes forward a bit more for us and tries to play the killer ball a lot more than he did at Madrid. His passing was great against Betis.

The wages are what they are...until he moves on. But in terms what Casemiro is able to give us, I would only worry about top clubs like City and Arsenal exposing us. The vast majority of our opponents will park the bus and hope to nick a goal off a free kick, which for some reason we've been horrifically poor at defending for at least a decade now. We still need a CDM but I'm not going to panic when Casemiro starts. What we need is better back line defending and better finishing when we do create chances. That alone will get us back into the top four conversation. But to go from top four to PL contender we will need a peak form CDM and that's no longer Casemiro.

The wages are what they are...until he moves on. But in terms what Casemiro is able to give us, I would only worry about top clubs like City and Arsenal exposing us. The vast majority of our opponents will park the bus and hope to nick a goal off a free kick, which for some reason we've been horrifically poor at defending for at least a decade now. We still need a CDM but I'm not going to panic when Casemiro starts. What we need is better back line defending and better finishing when we do create chances. That alone will get us back into the top four conversation. But to go from top four to PL contender we will need a peak form CDM and that's no longer Casemiro.

Yeah, if it was only City and Arsenal, he wouldn't be such an issue. Teams are not afraid to go toe to toe with us. Brighton, Fulham, Wolves, Palace were cutting us open. He does not stay on his feet, and when he goes for a challenge, he is dribled way too easy. I believe he is aware that in a foot race, he does not stand a chance with the younger players. He is a liability, and if he stays, he might be useful against way lesser teams at home.

Yeah, if it was only City and Arsenal, he wouldn't be such an issue. Teams are not afraid to go toe to toe with us. Brighton, Fulham, Wolves, Palace were cutting us open. He does not stay on his feet, and when he goes for a challenge, he is dribled way too easy. I believe he is aware that in a foot race, he does not stand a chance with the younger players. He is a liability, and if he stays, he might be useful against way lesser teams at home.

If we have a healthy squad and playing even just 60% of their ability I’m not losing any sleep over Wolves and Palace. And if we do have to lose sleep over Wolves and Palace we are truly fukked as a football club.

There's a part of me hoping he recaptures his first season's form, we'd be guaranteed the top 4 if so.

Ugarte with Casemiro can work for certain games as with less responsibility Casemiro can still be very useful. He can replace McTom in the box crashing midfielder role as he does have a knack for scoring from midfield. He's not completely a write off yet. Ideally we bring in Ugarte and Rabiot though.

It's the mobility that worries me. Our starting triangle this season could very well be De Ligt Martinez Casemiro. None of them can cover large amount of space. With Yoro it is easier. Perhaps Collyer will become a starter. IMO the DM is the most important signing we can make - not signing Onana will prove to be a mistake.

He's not the same player but he will look much improved in a double pivot.

Ten Hag really ballsed it up last year with his tactics but also his unwillingness to change them.

Did you watch last us last season?
Every team had a Go at us and some ran us ragged in midfield at times.
Opposition teams know Casemiro is a weakness and that will be exploited this season more than last.

If he could rediscover his best form, he is a much better fit for the DM position than all the players we have been linked with.

He’d be much less of a liability if he could just stay on his feet. The jumping into tackles is proper mindless stuff and gives the impression of someone who doesn’t give a shit and is on his holidays (even know im confident this isn’t the case).

He’s been amazing in this Betis game. Passing was so much better.

So much for him withdrawing with injury then

It was confirmed last season by Amrabat's brother on a television interview. Casemiro was told he wouldn't start and then refused to be in the squad. They seem to have made up now, though.

I'd actually prefer him as a CM with a strong DM behind him or Ugarte.

His passing is sloppy, but is also our best midfield passer other than Bruno. His attacking contribution is quite huge.

Opposition teams know Casemiro is a weakness and that will be exploited this season more than last.
The way the team was set up by ETH was the main reason our midfield was torn apart last season. We constantly just left one person (normally Casemiro) covering a ridiculously huge amount of space by themselves while our defence sat fairly deep and everyone else on the team pushed right up high. No player could have made it work in that position.

Now, that's not to say that the player in that position couldn't have done better. Casemiro is obviously past his best, and some of his struggles were all his own fault and had nothing to do with the structure of the team. However I'd like to think that (if he stays) he'll get back to a decent level in a system that actually gives him some help and doesn't expect him to be superman. So far this preseason we seem to have a proper team structure again, so I guess we'll see. Of course, Casemiro has been poor this preseason up until the Betis game (where he was very good), so maybe he's truly past it or maybe it's the usual with him where he takes a few games to get up to speed. Hopefully the latter.

If the team plays in close proximity and compactness, and reduces the size of the open spaces, I believe he can do well, high line defense, and dense midfield will mean Cas does not have to run around too much and focus on breaking up play and ball movement.

If we play as we did last season where there were huge gaps in midfield, any holding mid will suffer, be it Cas or Rodri or anyone else for that matter, but it will be worse with Cas

It was confirmed last season by Amrabat's brother on a television interview. Casemiro was told he wouldn't start and then refused to be in the squad. They seem to have made up now, though.
Ah right. I'm surprised more wasn't made out of that and now Casemiro is returning this season as an important player still it seems.

Definitely needs somebody sitting next to him and weirdly thought he looked better as the left midfielder and Eriksen better on the right. Long passing and vision still there but needs to be sharper in the hustle and bustle. Hopefully improves with fitness and game time.

We can't have casemiro and another defensive cm with him in the starting line up. Our squad is not setup like that, nor is Casemiro good enough in passing/moving the ball forward.

Our midfield will have three positions. CAM(bruno/mount), no. 8(mount, mainoo, eriksen) and CDM. We need two options for CDM.

Based on lack of chatter in the transfer marker, it looks like casemiro will stay and rotate with the DM we buy(ugarte). Hopefully with more stable CB partnerships people will not run through the middle of our midfield and defense when casemiro starts.

I guess we have to think casemiro as backup cdm can't be that bad. Only issue is he is too expensive to be playing that role.

I watched us closely last season. We had no back line and we had a dodgy keeper, who is going nowhere this season. Casemiro was a weak link, but he wasn’t the only weak link. We need to shore up our back line and so far all we’ve done is bring in an 18 year old.

If we can sell Casemiro and clear his wages off our books, outstanding. Whether do or don’t sell Casemiro we need to bring in a CDM. If we sell Casemiro we need to bring in two CDMs. But if we do bring Ugarte apart from the fact that we’re paying Casemiro 350/week (presumably minus 25%, like everyone else) Casemiro would still be an important squad man for us. Unless, that is, you’re happy to pay his 262.5/week wages and have him train with the reserves and not suit up with the first team.

It's the mobility that worries me. Our starting triangle this season could very well be De Ligt Martinez Casemiro. None of them can cover large amount of space. With Yoro it is easier. Perhaps Collyer will become a starter. IMO the DM is the most important signing we can make - not signing Onana will prove to be a mistake.
Agree 100 %.
We saw it with matic as well as he got older. Just generally less mobile and slower on the turn. Casemiro looked about 60 years old in some of the games last year and you don’t tend to rediscover mobility you once had as you age.