Casemiro Brazil flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
We need genuine cover for Mainoo. Someone who can offer many of the same attributes. Don't think it will happen though. Collyer will be the spare man.

I think what likely happens is McTominay and Eriksen go, we sign Ugarte and we play 2 from Casemiro/Mainoo/Ugarte/Collyer with Mount able to fill in if required as well.

Casemiros passing and ability on the ball was great. I do think a midfield of him and Mainoo lacks legs a bit, which is probably why we are pushing for Ugarte.

I thought he was finished. Absolutely useless. I think no one in here rated him anymore. Not even a steady eddie or so i was told...

I think what likely happens is McTominay and Eriksen go, we sign Ugarte and we play 2 from Casemiro/Mainoo/Ugarte/Collyer with Mount able to fill in if required as well.

Casemiros passing and ability on the ball was great. I do think a midfield of him and Mainoo lacks legs a bit, which is probably why we are pushing for Ugarte.
We definitely need Ugarte. Though I'd also like us to pursue Wharton next summer.

He’s started this season very well, we need more options in midfield still but he’s still got a part to play it seems.

We definitely need Ugarte. Though I'd also like us to pursue Wharton next summer.

Yeh I think there’s a good chance that’ll be the plan and phase out Casemiro next summer. Unless Collyer really establishes himself in that position this year.

Motm for me. If he plays like that all season we will be ok. We still need a back up 6.
Would actually possibly suit us better if we didn’t need to splurge on a DM this season. If he continues his development, we could go for someone like Wharton next season who’s a very capable passer/distributor which is ideally what we’d need from a 6 (including of course, mobility etc).

I think we will buy Ugarte and Casemiro will be back up for both Ugarte and Mainoo.
And i think for the away games against the top teams we could see a midfield 3 of
Ugarte Casemiro Mainoo with Bruno as a false 9

Can see a fair amount of reluctant/gritted teeth praise here. He was excellent.

I think we will buy Ugarte and Casemiro will be back up for both Ugarte and Mainoo.
And i think for the away games against the top teams we could see a midfield 3 of
Ugarte Casemiro Mainoo with Bruno as a false 9
I agree. I don’t think they buy into the idea of a pure DM and actually I agree. Football always evolves and I think they want to be able to push all 6 midfielders and attackers into the press + have a high line back 4 behind them. If teams can bypass it, we deal with it, but last night proved (against a decent but not great team) that you will create a lot more through forced errors than the opposition can create in their limited breaks.

Many seem too eager to bench him in case we got ugarte but if he does keep his form will he deserve that? Probably not.

Playing more like the Porto version than the Real one. Still not sure about the balance in midfield but hopefully he will step up like he did in his first season from now with this performance. He looks pissed off and determined in a good way. Can definitely play a role.

Keep him higher up the pitch and he will contribute something most games.

The issue with him is one INEOS and the back four can fix.

He had a good game yesterday.

I thought it was bizarre how quickly the idea that ‘his legs have gone’ took hold last season and how little any context was applied to that judgement. Nobody looked good in ten Hag’s one man midfield position last season, and frankly I don’t think any holding midfielder ever would. Someone like Rodri would be horrifically exposed, and even work horses like Rice who covers vast amounts of pitch probably don’t have the explosiveness to keep up with the speed teams were playing through us.

I think after 2 games we can already categorically say that his legs haven’t gone, and that in a proper system with proper support he still possesses very useful qualities. His minutes will need to be managed and finding someone who can competently back him up is a good idea, but I’m not at all convinced that we need to spend big on a destroyer to replace him. I think a passer who can control the tempo of games is far more obviously lacking as Mainoo develops that side of his game.

I think it is because two CB shall be supposing align with Case last season..but they stepped back a lot to leave a big hole between them..

Hope EtH realises his mistakes from last year leaving the midfield wide open and pretty much up to Casemiro alone. Although I'm not holding my breath. Much will depend on what EtH's plans with Bruno are. One thing is sure Case will not be able to hold the midfield together on his own.

He's looking a lot slimmer, great to see him still be able to put in performances like that and hopefully we won't have to run him into the ground this time.

He's always been creative or at least he's always tried those creative passes

Yes he's always been capable and tries them a lot with decent success. In his first season, he had quite a few assists with crosses and delicate (sometimes chipped) balls into the box/behind the defence.

It's just refreshing to see again after last year's mess but I do think there are more deliberate different patterns of play, which I will blindly credit RVN for.

As silly as this might have sounded last year, I think we need a number 6 to play behind Casemiro. His passing is sensational. He needs some assistance to take the weight of responsibility from him defensively.

That through pass to Bruno in the first half was absolutely sublime. Surprised he could see that. Bruno should have finished that off

Last two matches have been a refreshing fook off to all the keyboard footballing geniuses who seem to have this need to get in line and and endlessly repeat he’s finished, Real ripped us off, he’s shite, flog him off to the Saudis etc etc ad nauseam. Erm, maybe like what happens to most players, they have an off season when being aged, injured so often, played out of position, hounded by the press and “supporters” and playing for a bit of a shite side with negative circus atmosphere going on.

I absolutely love his comeback and he may well be one our most implortant players this year.

Still my favourite player. Put him in "normal" setup and he will play good.
Prime Casemiro couldn't play the role which was given to him last year.

To be fair to Casemiro's performances last season, pretty much everyone disgraced themselves last season. As did he, no doubt about it, but he was too often singled out when in fact the back line and our keeper were, to put it euphemistically, a liability last season.

An outstanding performance against Fulham. Yes, it was just Fulham, but it was nevertheless an outstanding performance.

About the best thing I can say is that he seemed to be invisible. Great that he didn’t seem to be giving the ball away all the time like last year, but you need more from your defensive midfielder.

From the 70th minute he was completely gassed and could barely move. He's a solid squad player at his age but anybody expecting him to be playing 30+ games this season are deluded it's the second game of the season ffs.

He's just so fecking careless on the ball, it's beyond infuriating. When you have Kroos and Modric to bail you out in the 70th minute it's alright, but he's a senior player, he has to calm the game down instead he just ups the tempo by smashing the ball every time it comes to him, I'm fecking sick of it.

Did the usual - lunged into a few unnecessary slide tackles to avoid sprinting back, took a pot shot from 30 yards out and walked about for most of the game. Can't wait until he's out of the starting lineup.

Second game of the season and he already looks knackered. If we don't sign a replacement for him before the window closes we're fecked.

He was decent/good until about the 60-70min mark and from then on that’s when you saw him sliding around and being more careless. At this point you have to sub him but ETH made a typical bad call leaving him on.

In the first half we kept possession very well and he was part of that. He’s someone who clearly needs his minutes managed.