Bruno Fernandes Out?

large offer the club would be correct to let him go so long as there's replacements for his position and not a singular player to try and replicate his influence.

Let Bruno go and bring in someone like Eze with another younger player who can drop deeper in the midfield, it's decent business.

Irrespective a player of Bruno's quality will have a detrimental impact but given the economics involved there's no other asset in the team and of an older age profile who will command a very competitive fee.

He’s playing some of his very best football at the moment. We also need to ensure not everyone in the squad is 21 (and that those who are older are not useless and irrelevant).

I’d be open to a big sale, but only for the right reasons. Any sale needs to be tied to a vision and based upon wanting different qualities and having a proper idea on where the team is going.

It would need to be an insane offer. We create bugger all as it is without losing him, no matter if his form was spotty last season.

We are also set up in a way that we are wholly reliant upon our #10. I don't think our chance creation is solely dependent upon having a super efficient #10, it could also improve by having a much more balanced XI with regards to the style of play Erik wants.

Towards the latter part of this season he really was exceptional though and his work rate is exquisite.

No Saudi rumours for Casemiro, or even Eriksen?

I’d like us to keep him another year personally given the amount of work that needs doing, I expect the Saudi interest will still be there next summer.

My dream would be Arda Guler has another season of limited minutes, and Madrid set their sights on bringing Xabi and Wirtz over.

We sell Bruno for £70-80m and manage to get Guler for £65m or so.

Crazy how easy some fans would let go of him, a fee isn't everything. He's our most creative player, big goal threat, a great role model for kids, my nephew adores him. If an offer came in at £100m I'm not certain we could replace what he gives us.

This deal would be too insanely expensive to have a y chance of happening IMO. The club won't sell her captain and one of the best chance creators in the league for less than a 100mil and the salary offer would have to be absolutely bonkers fo make Bruno consider such a move himself.

BIG NO for me. It would take Musiala or Wirtz as a replacement for me to be "okay" with selling him. These Neves/Güler replacement suggestions are absolutely irresponsible regarding the short term squad strenght. (although these two will be great in the future, no doubt)

He's a fan favourite , so any sale would not be universally popular .

That said , for a big fee , I feel t's the right move . You don't replace Bruno with another Bruno , there isn't one .

You move the focus away from it . Looking at ten hags ajax, ziyech was the guy closest to Bruno as their creator . He played more of a wide fixed position according to his heatmaps .

I think Olise if available is a big upgrade on ziyech . We can only afford these players if we sell .

It's a tough call , but I'd do it .

Definitely not for sale except for a ridiculous fee. I’m talking 125m plus. At that price range you take the long term view and use the money to rebuild the squad with young players. Everyone has a price. I just don’t think anyone would come close to reaching what we should be demanding for Bruno.

Bruno won’t play in Saudi, he would refuse. He wants to play at the highest level he can and he’s clearly not a mercenary. I really feel her underrated and misunderstood by United fans. We’re privileged to have him.

If he goes closer to 100m then that would be a great business.

He is no longer Bruno of 3 years back. If we want to control the midfield then Bruno is not the answer. Better shake hands now and say goodbye if good offer comes.

I don’t think people understand how good he is. You would need to get two absolutely quality players for that 100 million to make it worthwhile and I am not sure they are out there.

One of, if not the best, chance creator in Europe according to the numbers and an engine which means he could go to 34-35 without too much issue.

Who are people planning to replace him with? I just don’t see it.

I always thought selling one of the big hitters (Rashford or him for over 80m) and Casemiro to Saudi (~40m) is necessary for us to have a proper rebuild. We have pissed down a lot of money over the last eleven years and balancing the books is a prudent way to go: a summer where our net spend is not more than 50m-75m but we are still able to improve the team.

However, I am still unsure what style of play ETH wants to adopt with us. The second season was completely different from the first. If we want to continue on the same path as last season where he said he wants to make us the best transition team, then I don't think we'll find many players better than Bruno for the number 10 position. He still has some football left in him and we don't need to sell him immediately.

If we want a style of play with more control in possession & with a better build-up, then I can understand cashing in on him while he still has good value. I am sure if he is willing to go to Saudi a team from there will stump up good money for him.

Let's see. With all these people that INEOS have got in we are sure to have an interesting window. I think there will be a few surprises. One or two purchases and sales out of the left field.

Very very very hard, but i'd let him go if we could get an offer that cant turn down (talking about 150m for me). Use the fund and shape MF into a more balance because i always have this feeling that our midfield is not balanced enough and not control enough. It just that his best attribute is also not suitable for our midfield to have if we want more control.

I’d like us to keep him another year personally given the amount of work that needs doing, I expect the Saudi interest will still be there next summer.

My dream would be Arda Guler has another season of limited minutes, and Madrid set their sights on bringing Xabi and Wirtz over.

We sell Bruno for £70-80m and manage to get Guler for £65m or so.
Guler would be an amazing signing. He has everything in his locker to become an elite no10.

Bruno is a great player, just not suited to ETH style of controlling possession football. Then again has ETH abandoned that style at Utd?

I can't see anyone coming in for Bruno from top European clubs. Not because he isn't good enough, more of a case of financials, squad plans etc. £65-£70mil as it was discussed last week by Portuguese journalists as to his market value is alot of money not including his wages and signing on fee.

Madrid don't need him, Barcelona can't afford anyone. PSG are going in a controlled possession style with Enrique. None of the Italian clubs can afford him. Bayern have musiala and eventually wirtz. So it's stay at Utd or go to Saudi and it's too early for the latter.

Last edited:
I don’t think people understand how good he is. You would need to get two absolutely quality players for that 100 million to make it worthwhile and I am not sure they are out there.

One of, if not the best, chance creator in Europe according to the numbers and an engine which means he could go to 34-35 without too much issue.

Who are people planning to replace him with? I just don’t see it.

He's a top top player and probably the only player over the last 5 seasons who was good for most parts, but I'm not sure if he's suited to our system. In City, he'll have 50 assists a season. If someone bids 80m, we should take it IMO.

It’s ridiculous that people would even be thinking about selling him. He’s probably our most consistent performer: puts his all into every game. One of the most creative in Europe, can run for 120 mins, he’s got such high energy. We ain’t replacing the numbers he puts up.

If we were offered £100m+ it would be more ridiculous if we didn't sell him. A few weeks into the season he turns 30.
Ye fair point. Money does usually talk. But it all depends who we replace him with. He’s the only creative player in the team. We lack creativity and it’s such an important assets to have.

I’d be against selling him if the logic is he doesn’t fit Ten Hag’s style (he doesn’t), because the manager hasn’t earned anywhere close to the trust to bin off one of our best players for his vision. Not after last season.

It would need to be just incredible money for us to sell him this summer, for all his flaws, he’s still far too important for us.

It’s ridiculous that people would even be thinking about selling him. He’s probably our most consistent performer: puts his all into every game. One of the most creative in Europe, can run for 120 mins, he’s got such high energy. We ain’t replacing the numbers he puts up.

It’s even more ridiculous when you consider how many expensive flops we’ve bought. They say things like “if we get 80m we can finally restructure the team and use the money to bring in 1-2 new players”. Yet let’s be honest here, it’d likely be enough for just one player and the chances are that player will be more Sancho or Mount, than Bruno, more Pogba than Bruno, more Mata than Bruno, more Sanchez than Bruno etc etc etc.

If we were offered £100m+ it would be more ridiculous if we didn't sell him. A few weeks into the season he turns 30.
Depends on how he ages but we should be really careful on this because as much as it is tempting to take the money and run we still have to replace him and who do we go for that will adequately replace what he brings? There is no obvious candidate and we could really struggle for a few seasons, I'd rather spend money to bring in complimentary players than let the one great player we have move.

I don't see any reason we refuse a 100M offer to sell Bruno. In his position we have Mount , Sancho , Van Der Beek , they all had world-class performance for some time before joining us , and never could co-exist with Bruno . With Bruno we could only play “Bruno ball" and never able to control balls like other title contenders. He is also turning 30 year old soon and has shown sign of dropping forms from time to time.

100M we can bring in Toney, Eze and Warton already. That's lot of money and enough to get great potential and quality players to replace Bruno .

If the Saudis were to offer £150 million who on here would take it if they were Ratcliffe and co ? I’ve read before that the Saudis have to pay all transfer fees in one go so £150 million would get us Neves and Ugarte and maybe transition into a 4-3-3/4-1-2-3.

I doubt anyone would say no to £150 million but they aren't gonna off that kind of money for him. he's a good player and all but he's hardly the 2nd coming of Messi

My only problem with Bruno is that he can often go missing for a few games. He'll then pull of an amazing goal and everything is forgiven.

I just don't know if he does enough for me to warrant the immediate inclusion week after week. He's a good player, but when we're up against it he can often be lacking.

At the same time he can score a good goal or thread a pass some can't. Maybe he just needs better players behind him, which we haven't had for a while, but now have with Kobe and (hopefully) a new signing.

But if he's not up to much this season I say we take the blinkers off and look for someone else, unless Mount was brought in for that role of course.

Maybe in two or three seasons. No need to sell our best player because he turns 36 at one point in his life.

I don't see any reason we refuse a 100M offer to sell Bruno. In his position we have Mount , Sancho , Van Der Beek ,

So we have:
• perma injured
• playstation winger on his way out for awful attitude and dog shit performances.
• absolutely shite footballer

Yeah, that doesn’t sound very tempting.

100M we can bring in Toney, Eze and Warton already. That's lot of money and enough to get great potential and quality players to replace Bruno .

Absolutely none of those players are close to Bruno’s class and let’s be honest, Palace are asking 60m for Eze alone.
And Toney’s been quoted at 50m.

I don’t think either player would be anything more than a squad player for a team winning titles.

On one hand, selling him for £100 million or more makes perfect sense. He is 30 years old and that amount of money can be invested into other players. If they come with such an offer, I'd usually sell him. But on the other hand, nothing guarantees the funds won't be wasted on premium dross like Antony and Mount. Considering the transfer history of this club, the chance of that is very high indeed.

Yeah, im yet to be totally convinced that, if United were to move on Bruno, they'd have someone equally good lined up.

He will be 30 years old in a couple of months, so if we get the right offer, I understand if the club sells him.

We don’t even need to replace him. We can get an 8/6 and a winger with the money.

Rabiot on a free and someone the profile of Anthony Gordon.

We don’t even need to replace him. We can get an 8/6 and a winger with the money.

Rabiot on a free and someone the profile of Anthony Gordon.
I mean if those are the alternatives I rather keep Bruno.
I rather keep him anyway tbh.

He will be 30 years old in a couple of months, so if we get the right offer, I understand if the club sells him.
I would say the same. Just because United ain't going to win anything big inside couple of years. So Bruno's age profile doesn't really match. We have to build around Mainoo, Garnacho and Holjlund. And it will take few years at the best scenario. So if we could get anything near 100M from Bruno (not likely to happen) I would say yes and bring in couple of younger players under 25yo.

BUT names mentioned above: Mount, Sancho and especially Van Den Beek aren't answers. Injury prone, bad attitude and bang average players.

Bruno is arguably our best player currently but we need to rebuild. No idea is he ready or should he wait for that to be done.

My only problem with Bruno is that he can often go missing for a few games. He'll then pull of an amazing goal and everything is forgiven.

I just don't know if he does enough for me to warrant the immediate inclusion week after week. He's a good player, but when we're up against it he can often be lacking.

At the same time he can score a good goal or thread a pass some can't. Maybe he just needs better players behind him, which we haven't had for a while, but now have with Kobe and (hopefully) a new signing.

But if he's not up to much this season I say we take the blinkers off and look for someone else, unless Mount was brought in for that role of course.

He might have bad games but he never ever go's missing