Bruno Fernandes Out?

This discussion will just go in circle with the same arguments until it's resolved or until the transfer window ends.

I do find posts like "if the Saudis bid 100 million then we must take it" funny though. As if the player have no say in the matter. Granted my impression of Bruno might be completely wrong, but I don't see him going to Saudi Arabia while he's still technically in his prime. Yes, some players have a longer prime than others. 29/30 is not as ancient as some of you make it sound.

You don't have faith in DVB or Mason Mount?

I have more faith in democracy in Russia than in DvdB. I hope and I believe Mount will be much better this season but no, I can’t see him reaching the numbers Bruno consistently has.

Last edited:
I have more faith in democracy in Russia than in DvB. I hope and I believe Mount will be much better this season but no, I can’t see him reaching the numbers Bruno consistently has.

Spot on mate.

I dont understand some of the fans that are willing to part ways with one of the best number 10`s in the world when we are far from stacked with world class players at the moment. Mind Boggling really.

He’ll get his new contract in October time.

Like many, I'm also a big Bruno fan.

But say we got £100m for him, and then we tried to lure in Cole Palmer from Chelsea for that kind of figure, would anyone object ( apart from Chelsea ) ?

Like many, I'm also a big Bruno fan.

But say we got £100m for him, and then we tried to lure in Cole Palmer from Chelsea for that kind of figure, would anyone object ( apart from Chelsea ) ?

Probably Bruno... Possibly Palmer.

This is not Football Manager.

In that scenario who would you see creating the chances to our forwards?

How a team creatives chances should never be dependent on the individual. I mean Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea don’t have Bruno Fernandes and they all scored more goals than us.

The set up of the team would change and we would create chances from a different approach to games. It’s a risk if you don’t build the team correctly.

Which is why I suggested the profiles I did.

How a team creatives chances should never be dependent on the individual. I mean Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea don’t have Bruno Fernandes and they all scored more goals than us.

The set up of the team would change and we would create chances from a different approach to games. It’s a risk if you don’t build the team correctly.

Which is why I suggested the profiles I did.

I agree to an extent. But I don’t think many people in favour of selling Bruno would have the patience to wait until the transition would be complete. Next season with those players (Rabiot and Gordon coming in) would be a struggle in terms of chance creation. And people would probably blame EtH for that.

Bruno is very hard to replace. I do agree that we need more from our wingers and other midfielders but I see getting better midfielders and wingers as the solution, not getting rid of the one player who consistently creates the most chances in the league.

Yes we need money for that but there are so many players I’d try to sell before Bruno.

Last edited:
Not for sale.

If Saudi want to throw ridiculous money around, then it should take bids north of £150m to even get them to the negotiation table.

One does not sell their best player if you’re looking to compete. Delete thread.

Coutinho, although I don't think we should sell Fernandes, one player does not make a team and if selling him meant we could massively improve the first 11 with 2/3 quality additions its not the worst idea.

This discussion will just go in circle with the same arguments until it's resolved or until the transfer window ends.

I do find posts like "if the Saudis bid 100 million then we must take it" funny though. As if the player have no say in the matter. Granted my impression of Bruno might be completely wrong, but I don't see him going to Saudi Arabia while he's still technically in his prime. Yes, some players have a longer prime than others. 29/30 is not as ancient as some of you make it sound.

It might come down to this. If he comes to us and says he wants to go there (I’m hopeful he won’t) then I reckon we’ll probably be offered enough cash to do the deal.

Hopeful it won’t come to that and it’s just a bit of posturing for an extra year on the contract (which we have as an option anyway) and a higher wage. Whilst we need to get a grip on that front going forward, if there is one player who can point to having earned it, it’s Fernandes.

Not his biggest fan but no I’d rather not sell him unless it was a ridiculous offer.

We have a horrendous attack, it was hard enough to watch us try to score last season and I can’t imagine what it would look like without him. Also with the way things are going this summer we’d probably just try to replace him with someone Dutch.

I wouldn’t be mad if this coming season was his last however.

It might come down to this.

Nothing is certain of course, but that would honestly shock me. The Saudi league is for players who are satisfied with their career, has given up or only care about money. That does not seem like Bruno to me.

Coutinho, although I don't think we should sell Fernandes, one player does not make a team and if selling him meant we could massively improve the first 11 with 2/3 quality additions its not the worst idea.
We don’t have a great track record in the last decade of signing adequate replacements.

There is no interest in Saudi Arabia in signing Bruno. The big premier league targets for that league are Casemiro, KDB, Salah and Grabriel Jesus.

Guess we should just leave the team as is then?
That’s a childish response. All I said is; why risk selling our best player ? Hardly a crazy statement to come out with, is it?. All we can hope for is that the new regime are better at identifying players but let’s not ignore the fact we’ve wasted the most money on players out of any team in the premier league and have very little to show for it. This is a fact by the way not an opinion.

Would have to be a staggering offer for both him and the club, but at the end it is still up to him. If he wants to go we should sell. I also doubt he would want to go to SA at 30 years, so that would complicate the transfer, no EU team is paying the asking price.

I have been frustrated with him in more than one occasion, but he is still our captain and an integral part of the team.

In case he leaves, I would like us to take a look at Dani Olmo.

That’s a childish response. All I said why risk selling our best player ? Hardly a crazy statement to come out with is it. All we can hope for is that the new regime are better at identity players but let’s ignore the fact we’ve wasted the most money on players out of any team in the premier league and have nothing to show for it. This is a fact by the way not an opinion.

The new regime have nothing to do with the old, so you can't go about making decisions based on the results of the previous regime, I would say that's a childish way to look at things personally
As for Fernandes, like I said I wouldn't sell him, but IF we can get 2/3 first 11 players from selling him then I wouldn't be opposed to it, and I don't think anyone in their right mind should be. Its not like Fernandes is the difference between this side winning the PL or not

The new regime have nothing to do with the old, so you can't go about making decisions based on the results of the previous regime, I would say that's a childish way to look at things personally
Wanting to sell our best player is ludicrous with our track record, you’ve said nothing to convince me otherwise. Maybe start with replacing the dross, that would make more sense but according to you it makes more sense to sell the one cog of the machine that is working.

Wanting to sell our best player is ludicrous with our track record, you’ve said nothing to convince me otherwise. Maybe start with replacing the dross, that would make more sense but according to you it makes more sense to sell the one cog of the machine that is working.

We don't have one, regime is new. Also nowhere have I said I wanted to sell Fernandes, but do continue with the nonsense.

Resorting to insults is where I end this conversation. All the best.

Insults? You called me childish, and I say continue with nonsense and you are complaining about insults? Yes we can leave it there.
Like I said I never said we should sell Fernandes so stop making false statements

He isn't going anyway. Those rumours are most likely planted by his agent or are complete BS alltogether. Bruno most likely wants a bigger contract - and why wouldn't he, especially looking at the most recent history of our club in terms of salaries. Still hope our decision makers will not go down this route. I am also on the side that it would be a big mistake not considering an offer but at the end of the day, it won't happen. Don't think the club has the cojones for such a move. Most of the arguments against selling him are weak though.

I don't really get the short term thinking, there is very little chance that we are going to play for the highest honors next season, probably not even the season after. With or without Bruno. This team is not going to go for that - it will take a reboot and this will take money. I understand fan sentiment, I understand people liking the player but I really hope we make the right decisions now to be able to be competetive in 2-3 years time because we won't be next season anyway. For all the praise he gets, in parts surely deservedly, people have to acknowledge that having such a player, such a good chance creator, is a) not a guarantee to be productive as a team and b) isn't a necessity to generate chances. If he is as good as people make him out, they have to see, that there aren't many teams who have such a player yet many of those teams are able to generate chances just fine (and just fine means "way better than us last season").

Ye fair point. Money does usually talk. But it all depends who we replace him with. He’s the only creative player in the team. We lack creativity and it’s such an important assets to have.
This is an issue we have to adress anyway. Bruno or not. I mean, for all the "wonderfulness" of Mr. Magnifico - our team isn't producing enough. So we have to do something about it anyway. Bruno also isn't a spring chicken anymore, a smartly run club simply has to consider how life after Bruno will look like and whether a potential successor could or should be brought in right now to acclimatize.

100M we can bring in Toney, Eze and Warton already. That's lot of money and enough to get great potential and quality players to replace Bruno .
In no world do you get those four players for that amount of cash. How do you come up with such a number?

On one hand, selling him for £100 million or more makes perfect sense. He is 30 years old and that amount of money can be invested into other players. If they come with such an offer, I'd usually sell him. But on the other hand, nothing guarantees the funds won't be wasted on premium dross like Antony and Mount. Considering the transfer history of this club, the chance of that is very high indeed.
If that is the issue, we might as well close the club. Obviously mistakes have been made in the past but that simply can't lead to doing nothing out of fear to make another one. There will always be mistakes - the issue at United isn't that there were mistakes - the issue is the number of them and the lack of good and forward-thinking decisions for a long time. Not selling Bruno because "we wouldn't generate chances next season" would be just in line with such mistakes. As if people haven't seen what we generated even though we had him last season.

Last edited:
It was a simple question you tool, keep your inner prat to yourself please.

Your "simple question" is possibly the most non-sensical question I've read in here. And if you didn't expect any replies, why did you write the post to begin with? :lol:

And if you consider that reply to be that of a prat, just know that it went to several steps of inner moderation before getting posted. That was the mildest post I was able to write.

As for Fernandes, like I said I wouldn't sell him, but IF we can get 2/3 first 11 players from selling him then I wouldn't be opposed to it, and I don't think anyone in their right mind should be. Its not like Fernandes is the difference between this side winning the PL or not

......what, because we have new (part) owners, that means player performance up to this point is of no importance?

I meant during that conversation these were my posts, didn't realise your opinion 2 months ago is your opinion today.
Do carry on though