Bruno Fernandes Out?

Exactly, instead of berating one player for why we play a certain way, why dont fans look at why every manager plays him.

We have had Ole, Rangnick and Ten Hag, different systems preferred yet, Bruno is always first name on their team sheets. Granted Rangnick didnt do well, yet Bruno was the only one who was always available, ready to play for any manager.

Agreed, he is frustrating but when he or another player doesn't try the killer passes, they will be known as safe. I remember the end of Mounts time at Chelsea, they were saying they wanted him to play more risky balls forward instead of sideways safe passing.

Some of the passes he can find, we will struggle to find a midfielder with that much creative talent to join us.
:D do you know why those 3 manager over saw the worst United period, because of not having balls to play in a modern way.

What's baffling is playing exactly the same way while expecting different results.

I tell you, Pep can't play how we play if you drop him as United manager today from the skies. He might not win the PL straight away but 100% the team won't play how we play currently.

The thought of going into next season without Bruno is a grim one, take him out of this side and we'd be lucky to finish in the top half.

I think Bruno is a really good creative outlet .
In itself , that is never a problem .

The problem that I see is in how he is used in relation to how we want to play . I see de bruyne as a creative outlet , I don't see him as the playmaker , he's a guy you want to get on the ball in certain areas to make the difference . The playmaker , tempo guy at city is the guy who has the most touches and influence is Rodri.

At United , the guy who has most touches is Bruno , therefore he has the most influence on how we play . We mostly play football through the eyes of Bruno as he sees it . He is our playmaker and creative outlet .

That's where I see the issue . Bruno is a final ball , decisive action player , creative outlet , not really a build up / tick over / playmaker . His role here is too widespread, but I feel that is part of who he is . His nature .He constantly wants to be involved , constantly wants to be decisive .

I don't think we need to sell Bruno , I actually think we need to keep him and reduce his involvement in build up . Reduce his touches. This will happen by not passing to him as much when it's not necessary .

Rather than the first player we look for , he needs to be one of the last , that's where he's decisive . The final pass

I tell you, Pep can't play how we play if you drop him as United manager today from the skies.

If Pep dropped from the sky and had to manage our club, which is in a far worse state than City was when he took over, then he'd stab a puppy in order to keep Bruno.

:D do you know why those 3 manager over saw the worst United period, because of not having balls to play in a modern way.

What's baffling is playing exactly the same way while expecting different results.

I tell you, Pep can't play how we play if you drop him as United manager today from the skies. He might not win the PL straight away but 100% the team won't play how we play currently.
Have you seen us play without Bruno? Against Arsenal we couldn’t even hurt a fly.

I believe you're better than your first statement but how will the team change when the manager believes in transition football and doesn't train the team in any other way?

Second statement.... Yes bro. I believe. As weird as it may sound. Primarily because we have done the opposite of this.

Lets have a honest and candid discussion..

We have bought more new players but our football design remains the same.

The difference between Onana and De Gea in our game play is it that visible? , leave alone making saves.

The difference between McFred midfield and Casemiro, Eriksen or Casemiro, Mainoo has it had that big effect to drag the team forward.

Wing play of Elanga, Lingard, James, or Antony, Garnacho, Sancho has it delivered more goals to the team?

A defensive setup of Maguire Lindelof and Martinez Varane has it vastly improved our conceded goals.

Be honest in your answers and support it with team numbers...

If we are genuinely honest, you will see nothing has changed yet we have changed almost the whole team, even coaches,

This reinforces my point though doesn't it? Changing players will not mean that our style or our league position will change.

We have gone through all these players and coaches yet, we still play the same football that Moyes did.

So you have to look above, the people making these decisions. You also have to look at this objectively.

Tell me if the following is wrong:

1. PLaying crap - sack manager
2. Manager sacked, new manager appointed
3. Manager gives all players a chance and has some of his recommendations as to what player suits his style?
4. Transfer window comes, overspend on a few players, narrative "manager is backed"
5. Cannot sell players that manager wants to get rid of.
6. Manager has to adapt style to suit some of his players, rest from different regimes.
7. Players do well in the first year, new manager bounce, techniques.
8. 2nd full season starts, still can't get the players the manager wants and we dont play consistent football.
9. Manager gets sacked and we back to square 1.

Now tell me, from all of that and what you have said, how changing 1 player will change our fortunes?

How is it about anything else? He wants an extension (he already has 2 years remaining) and the club clearly isn’t keen on whatever length he’s asking for. I doubt money I.e. the weekly wage is an issue, we can offer big money, it’s about having a player earning big money past their prime and long into their decline.

He isn’t a player that relies much on pace or strength and he isnt that old. A new contract now isn’t that risky IMO

Okay so prior to Bruno and the worst managers, under Jose, Moyes and LVG, did we win the PL or CL?

I tell you what, Pep wouldn't take the crap from these owners thats why.

I was on the "sell him before he turns 30" boat a few weeks ago but he's just too important. So many times he's pulled us out of trouble.

With a solid defence and a decent set of attackers around him, he will be even more important next year.

Give him a 3+1 year contract and lets move on.

Would obviously depend on how we actually managed to spend any money. I don't think he's a player we couldn't consider selling, but he's right near the bottom of players I'd want to sell. Would surely have to be a big offer for us to even consider.

He isn’t a player that relies much on pace or strength and he isnt that old. A new contract now isn’t that risky IMO
It's not only risky but also a dumb move and if Ineos fall for this then nothing has changed .

If Pep dropped from the sky and had to manage our club, which is in a far worse state than City was when he took over, then he'd stab a puppy in order to keep Bruno.

He'd stab a puppy for a bus ticket, the Bond villain.

What, keeping our best players?
Honestly, who cares about the money, he is worth more in the team. Prize money and TV rights alone will pay more than what ever fee we get for him.
We have said this about our best players before, total ness. Money is a big problem for us.

When did Caught Offside come back into existence? They've said Al-Nassr are looking to pay us £200m+ for Fernandes and Casemiro now.

1.3 mill per week :eek: If that's true and he doesn't accept it, then he's a football man through and through. That's more than 200 million in 3 years. Tax free. Fecking hell.

If that report is true wed be mad completely mad to turn it down.
That sort of cash with what we have atm would kickstart the rebuild and pay for ETH sacking.

Shite source

But a bid like that would surely be accepted, even if he is our best player by a country mile. United need to rebuild around young talent IMO.
These sources always just wait for another rumour and then build on it with more and more bullshit.

I agree re his play style which makes me think either Ineos are thinking of the Chelsea model re players over 30 (which I agree with) or that they are thinking of moving away from a system with a 10.

Nonsense rumor. But if it was true.... I love Bruno, but you gotta accept that. We are fecked financially because of the previous years, he is turning 30, and that's a get out of jail card for us. Basically because of shite like Antony, we are in the situation where we might have to sell our best player in Bruno to fix our finances and be able to rebuild properly.

Can't take a single United fan seriously if they think selling Bruno is a good idea. Have a word with yourselves FFS

Can't take a single United fan seriously if they think selling Bruno is a good idea. Have a word with yourselves FFS

The 4-0 stuffing clearly hasn't sunk into a lot of heads yet. Replace Bruno with anyone else and we serve Pep his first domestic cup loss in England just as easy as we did a fortnight ago. Obviously.

There's so many players in world football who can do what Bruno did this season: No look assist against City, halfway line goal against Liverpool. Most chances created two seasons running.

If we sell him we can replace what he brings for two bob and a bag of crisps. Dunno why we'd even hesitate. :rolleyes:

The 4-0 stuffing clearly hasn't sunk into a lot of heads yet. Replace Bruno with anyone else and we serve Pep his first domestic cup loss in England just as easy as we did a fortnight ago. Obviously.

There's so many players in world football who can do what Bruno did this season: No look assist against City, halfway line goal against Liverpool. Most chances created two seasons running.

If we sell him we can replace what he brings for two bob and a bag of crisps. Dunno why we'd even hesitate. :rolleyes:

Don't forget selling Bruno, we become instant title challengers because he is holding us back from playing a possession style game. He is also the reason we face 30 shots on goal.

WE HAVE SCORED

57, 58, 57 goals in the last 3 seasons. Consecutively..

Again, Rasmus was not in the last 2 season.
Rashford had is best season but we scored 58 league goals.
2022 - 57 goals we blame who? Antony was not there, who do we blame?

Again, it reinforce the notion Bruno is all that you've typed but we still underform. Why? Because of new players? Not him? :D

Newcastle has no Bruno but they score 85 league goals. They scored 28 more goals than us.

We scored 5 more league goals than Luton. A relegated team. They have no Bruno

So where does this 'Bruno presence' accolades gravitate to? The 28 less we scored against Newcastle or the 5 more than Luton?

If you have brains you will see, with or without Bruno you can score 85 league goals. And score 52 goals like Luton.

And with Bruno himself score 57 goals.

AGAIN, We have not had a good offensive season in the recent past BECAUSE OF HOW WE PLAY. We play a very unsustainable, transition football, ball over the top and BRUNO IS part and Parcel of that. That's why he tops all the charts of our numbers ( personal numbers BTW) but we will NEVER top any team standings.

Precisely and obviously not because of him, no. He is head and shoulders above our other attackers, and this season even more so than normally.

If these £128M crazy rumours are true, I'll carry him over there on my back

it's about time we get a slice of this pie

So he bleeds man utd, but his agent has alledgedly been touting him around Europe for one big last pay day....

Wouldn't begrudge Bruno moving elsewhere for money or trophies. Guys talent deserves more trophies and if he wants to get paid silly money for a few years, go for it I say. He owes us nothing at this point.

So he bleeds man utd, but his agent has alledgedly been touting him around Europe for one big last pay day....

I don't see an issue. He clearly wants to stay but is also not stupid and has picked up on the fact that INEOS are considering a new manager and a squad revamp and regardless of his desires he may be identifed as an asset to be sold. There is no conflict between him loving United and also wanting to be informed about his possible options if the Club wants him gone.

Only player in our squad who would walk into any first team in Europe. Yeah let's sell him.

I mean 130M. I'm taking that every day and he's my favorite player in the squad.

Does he want to go though? I'm sure the club would be happy to take that money.

Not happening, move on. Nothing suggests he would move there except 'money = good'.