Bruno Fernandes Out?

Like I said previously, if someone is offering 100 million for him, take him, if not I’d gladly keep him.

Not sure we should be rewarding any squad player when the team finishes 8th.

THE WORST 3 finishes in MANCHESTER UNITED Premier League History has happened in the following years. THE Bad you're talking about. In numbers and position, not personal opinions or preferences..

2022 - 58 points
2024 - 60 points
2014 - 64 points

Surprise, surprise BRUNO Fernandes has been involved in 2 of those teams.

THE LAST 3 SEASONS.... Man United has scored 57,58,57 Goals in a season. SUB 60 goals in three consecutive seasons.

That's the bad of United glorious legacy. He part of it. Not that we drag him to that level, no he has dragged United to that Level. United have never finished a season below 60 points, United has never lost 14 league games in a season.
All that has happened with Bruno being the main man, the Captain, the focal point, the penalty taker, the player who played the most matches for the team etc.

So it's not as if all this period of blemish is painted on him for no reason, he is the main stay of the 2021-2022 team that had 58 points and now lost 14 league games in a season. There must be some reason to it. It can't be it's mistakes of others and not him.

We have blamed every other thing
From Ralf, Ole,
De Gea
Maguire
Lindelof
McFred
James
Martial
Lingard

All who were mainstay in the 2021-2022 team, but are not here anymore or not mainstay anymore.

We even blamed Glazers, now we have Ratcliffe.

Woodward left in Feb 2022. 2 years already. We blamed him for all the problems. 2 years later we lost the most league games in a season in United PL history. We have 60 points. 60. Woodward is not there to be blamed anymore.

So what's how problem?

Is OUR PLAYING STYLE. it's not sustainable. It's not scalable. It's not a 50 games a season playing style. IT WILL NEVER BE.

We can even BUY A NEW stadium tomorrow, go away from leaking Old Trafford , and I guarantee you if we play the same way we will finish with 63 points next season.

All this unsustainable football started from 2019 onwards...

Check my previous, I detailed how since 2020 we have lost so many games with 4+ goals. Something which even during the dark days of Mourinho and Van Gal were unheard of.

Mourinho lost only once by 4 goals.

Van Gal probably twice.. Against Leicester, Mk Dons any other can remember..

Since 2020 we have lost with 4+ goals 10 times. Not a coincidence it corresponds with our worst period in PL history and when we started playing counter attacking football and ball over the top football and this shit transition football.

Again, I will say. If we don't change how we play and move away from this transition football we will meet here next year, 2025 February, arguing about the same thing but blaming a new bogey man. Just wait you will see.

Ffs:lol:

Unbelievable. We’ve had bad league finishes and because Bruno has been in the team it’s him that is the problem.

”He has dragged United to that level”. Wow.

It’s Kane’s fault Spurs didn’t win any titles, right?

I heard this from a youtube fan channel too. Apparently, he has been the mainstay in 2 bad seasons, so its his fault and has to be held accountable.

Its as if fans dont watch football. 1 player = reason we have bad seasons. A player who is always fit, reliable, tries for the club.

I really dont get the anti Bruno agenda, yes he can be a bit emotional but he is the sort of player you want in your team.

Maybe he wants to win some major silverwear before he retires? Or play in a different league while he can still pick and choose?

If he goes to Bayern or Barca, there's no way that would be a move for money's sake. It'll be a lifestyle/ambition choice.
Lifestyle I get, to be fair, if he goes to a Spanish/Portuguese team or osmehwer like Monaco (good luck them affording him/paying him) as it is something all the Portuguese/Spanish players say is hardest about the UK, the lifestyle change.

Ambition, I'm not sure, is Bayern that attractive right now? Sure, in the same way he could move to PSG, Ajax etc. knowing you should win some titles. They just embarked on a quite embarrassing and very public managerial search which ended with a relative novice taking the helm, came 3rd in the league and have a squad needing a big overhaul + he has no connection with the country nor would it be that different from living in the UK.

He wants to get his last big contract - this is what this is about - I do think he wants to stay at United but his agent is pushing hard for this and, so far, it seems like it's not been a great move with Ineos clearly being different from the Glazers and not just handing out whopper deals on a whim. I still think he stays another season because no one will be prepared to pay big money for him, for the same reason we are stalling on giving a long contract.

It was reported that Bruno refused a big offer from Saudi last year . For that to have happened , doesn't it mean that United were contacted and allowed the approach ?

If so , that implies to me that the club and Ten hag were open to it and most probably still are .

Historically yes. That method of transfers seems long gone now though. Appears a buying club will always make sure they have gotten the nod from player/agent first now.

His market value is €70m. If outside PL clubs want to sign him, we should only listen for the double of his current value €140m (without adds on). World class player.

There were three players in the league with more completed progressive passes than him. There were four with more shot-ctreating actions/90. There were 12 with more shots on target. There was one with more through balls. There was three with more touches in the attacking third. There were NO players who created more big chances than him.

So I'm pretty sure he wasn't one of the reasons we didn't have a great season offensively.

WE HAVE SCORED

57, 58, 57 goals in the last 3 seasons. Consecutively..

Again, Rasmus was not in the last 2 season.
Rashford had is best season but we scored 58 league goals.
2022 - 57 goals we blame who? Antony was not there, who do we blame?

Again, it reinforce the notion Bruno is all that you've typed but we still underform. Why? Because of new players? Not him? :D

Newcastle has no Bruno but they score 85 league goals. They scored 28 more goals than us.

We scored 5 more league goals than Luton. A relegated team. They have no Bruno

So where does this 'Bruno presence' accolades gravitate to? The 28 less we scored against Newcastle or the 5 more than Luton?

If you have brains you will see, with or without Bruno you can score 85 league goals. And score 52 goals like Luton.

And with Bruno himself score 57 goals.

AGAIN, We have not had a good offensive season in the recent past BECAUSE OF HOW WE PLAY. We play a very unsustainable, transition football, ball over the top and BRUNO IS part and Parcel of that. That's why he tops all the charts of our numbers ( personal numbers BTW) but we will NEVER top any team standings.

WE HAVE SCORED

Again, it reinforce the notion Bruno is all that you've typed but we still underform. Why? Because of new players? Not him? :D

Newcastle has no Bruno but they score 85 league goals. They scored 28 more goals than us.

So where does this 'Bruno presence' accolades gravitate to? The 28 less we scored against Newcastle or the 5 more than Luton?

If you have brains you will see, with or without Bruno you can score 85 league goals. And score 52 goals like Luton.

AGAIN, We have not had a good offensive season in the recent past BECAUSE OF HOW WE PLAY. We play a very unsustainable, transition football, ball over the top and BRUNO IS part and Parcel of that. That's why he tops all the charts of our numbers ( personal numbers BTW) but we will NEVER top any team standings.

All this makes it sound that its easy solution. Sell Bruno and we will top everything. We will finish above everyone else and we will score more goals.

Ball is in Brunos hands anyway. If he wants to stay - brilliant. If he doesn’t and is determined to leave then we should respect his wishes and at the same time try to get a good fee.

The club don’t actually have to do much until Bruno decides. Improve the rest of the squad to try and make his decision a bit easier.
Well I don't think they will want to make many transfers decisions until he decides tbh.

All this makes it sound that its easy solution. Sell Bruno and we will top everything. We will finish above everyone else and we will score more goals.

Exactly, he’s been dragging us down for all these years.

WE HAVE SCORED

Playing devil's advocate, if Bruno wasn't their we might not have scored 57/58/57 goals.

I personally think the imbalance of the team, the insistance of persisting with certain players because they came through the academy or cost huge amounts of money when they are either not good enough or not the right fit is a bigger contributory factor to our low scoring totals than Bruno.

When you think that over the last load of years, we played on the wing Garnacho, Rashford, Dan James, Sancho, Antony, Amad, Greenwood, Martial and Pellestri. Bar Pellestri every one of them are not creative, they all turn inside and shoot. This has done 2 things. We shoot too often from stupid areas, the striker gets scraps for service and it makes our players easy to read and defend against. Our full backs going forward haven't been good enough going forward to compensate for the lack of wide creativity by our forwards

This is the reason why we don't score enough goals. Not 1 player at no. 10

So what will you say when Bruno leaves and we don't win the league. What excuse will you use? se apparently its easy, get rid of Bruno and we will be automatic title challengers.

Yeah, good luck buying anyone for the same money Villa will pay. Villa aren’t under a fraction of the kind of pressure and scrutiny United are under, either. Football Manager logic.
There isn't much pressure on our players in recent years, we don't really have any standards, anything is acceptable. We have one of the laziest squads in the PL.

I don't think selling Bruno will suddenly make our wide players better at creating for others. Bruno is our main creator because the others attackers are so shit at it, the wings get plenty of the ball.

We'd have to consider a stupid offer but only if we can get in a top creative midfielder. Who is a realistic target though?
I don't think we would have to like for like replace him with a "10" as Bruno pretty much is. Improving our creativity from out wide and control from deeper midfield positions could improve us.

The season we bought Carrick and sold van Nistlerooy was a rebalancing of the team that brought many improvements in our goalscoring and general play. Similarly I doubt it would be the case that we need another Bruno if we sell the one we have. We can create chances from elsewhere if we get the balance of the team right I am sure. If we get it right...

He's been the mainstay in a team that has underperformed for years, ipso facto, Bruno is the problem. Just like Bryan Robson was the problem when we were finishing midtable.

THE WORST 3 finishes in MANCHESTER UNITED Premier League History has happened in the following years. THE Bad you're talking about. In numbers and position, not personal opinions or preferences..

2022 - 58 points
2024 - 60 points
2014 - 64 points

Surprise, surprise BRUNO Fernandes has been involved in 2 of those teams.

THE LAST 3 SEASONS.... Man United has scored 57,58,57 Goals in a season. SUB 60 goals in three consecutive seasons.

That's the bad of United glorious legacy. He part of it. Not that we drag him to that level, no he has dragged United to that Level. United have never finished a season below 60 points, United has never lost 14 league games in a season.
All that has happened with Bruno being the main man, the Captain, the focal point, the penalty taker, the player who played the most matches for the team etc.

So it's not as if all this period of blemish is painted on him for no reason, he is the main stay of the 2021-2022 team that had 58 points and now lost 14 league games in a season. There must be some reason to it. It can't be it's mistakes of others and not him.

We have blamed every other thing
From Ralf, Ole,
De Gea
Maguire
Lindelof
McFred
James
Martial
Lingard

All who were mainstay in the 2021-2022 team, but are not here anymore or not mainstay anymore.

We even blamed Glazers, now we have Ratcliffe.

Woodward left in Feb 2022. 2 years already. We blamed him for all the problems. 2 years later we lost the most league games in a season in United PL history. We have 60 points. 60. Woodward is not there to be blamed anymore.

So what's how problem?

Is OUR PLAYING STYLE. it's not sustainable. It's not scalable. It's not a 50 games a season playing style. IT WILL NEVER BE.

We can even BUY A NEW stadium tomorrow, go away from leaking Old Trafford , and I guarantee you if we play the same way we will finish with 63 points next season.

All this unsustainable football started from 2019 onwards...

Check my previous, I detailed how since 2020 we have lost so many games with 4+ goals. Something which even during the dark days of Mourinho and Van Gal were unheard of.

Mourinho lost only once by 4 goals.

Van Gal probably twice.. Against Leicester, Mk Dons any other can remember..

Since 2020 we have lost with 4+ goals 10 times. Not a coincidence it corresponds with our worst period in PL history and when we started playing counter attacking football and ball over the top football and this shit transition football.

Again, I will say. If we don't change how we play and move away from this transition football we will meet here next year, 2025 February, arguing about the same thing but blaming a new bogey man. Just wait you will see.

So say we had Messi or Zidane in there prime instead of Bruno...

You really think they would drag this mediocrity higher?

I will have what he is having... ;)

So what will you say when Bruno leaves and we don't win the league. What excuse will you use? se apparently its easy, get rid of Bruno and we will be automatic title challengers.
If we get rid of Bruno and score more goals + more points, what will you say then?

If we get rid of Bruno and score more goals + more points, what will you say then?

I will say well done to the team.
The fact that you and others think we will win PL just because he leaves is laughable though

No one has said that, or even close.

Dragging us down, since Bruno has been at United, we have finished 3rd, 2nd, 6th, 3rd and 8th. He is been dragging us down to 3rd and 2nd along with 8th so, the only way up from 2nd is top?

Why do some people think this is a realistic outcome? I wonder if Arsenal fans discuss whether they'd score more goals and get more points if they sell Odegaard.

Unbelievable. We’ve had bad league finishes and because Bruno has been in the team it’s him that is the problem.

”He has dragged United to that level”. Wow.

It’s Kane’s fault Spurs didn’t win any titles, right?
WE HAVE BAD LEAGUE FINISHES because of HOW WE PLAY.... what's so hard to comprehend there.

So how do we play.. Transition, Ball over the top football.

Bruno is part and parcel of this football. That's why he plays almost all games. He has 'best personal numbers' but miraculously United have very poor numbers as a team.

Bruno HAS NEVER PLAYED in a Champion League QF game in his life. HE'S 30 YEARS OLD. In his LIFE.

Bruno has never been involved in a TITLE RACE in his life. Leave alone winning a league title.

Bruno has never won a League Title or Champion League title in his life. Never.

That's his level. Bruno is a Europa League level player.

Why do you act as if Bruno is some form of Scholes or Keane in our midfield? Please.

Again, I will say whoever has eyes will see, our problem is how we play, we play how we play because of Bruno. That's his biggest strength, transition football, ball over the top at instant.

This football has not delivered anything tangible.
  • It has delivered the worst finishes in the league
  • Goal difference of - 1 and 0 consecutively in the league.
  • 57,58,57 goals in the league.
  • We have scored 172 goals in the last 3 seasons (114 games). ARSENAL have scored 179 goals the last 2 season (76 games) .
This are not one season numbers, it's a 114 games numbers. Over 100 league games.

Again Arsenal doesn't play like us, they don't do ball over the top, transition football but they score goals we score in 114 games they do it in 76 games.

They don't have a tangible striker.

He's been the mainstay in a team that has underperformed for years, ipso facto, Bruno is the problem. Just like Bryan Robson was the problem when we were finishing midtable.
So this is why I'm not with Ana de Armas, my wife has just been dragging me down!

Why do some people think this is a realistic outcome? I wonder if Arsenal fans discuss whether they'd score more goals and get more points if they sell Odegaard.
Because football doesn't work in a vacuum. When players leave, other players and things just fall into place. It just happens. It's the same as any office job environment. Person X leaves, Persons Y and Z pick up some of the stuff he wasn't doing between them and the way the team works slightly changes.

Spurs with Kane's last season got 70 goals and 60 points. Spurs without Kane got 74 goals and 66 points.

Fernandes leaving wouldn't have a substantial difference on the team either way, honestly. A variance similar to Spurs' above (positive or negative) would be likely.

I know, I was being sarcastic. Some of the takes in this thread :eek:

Because football doesn't work in a vacuum. When players leave, other players and things just fall into place. It just happens. It's the same as any office job environment. Person X leaves, Persons Y and Z pick up some of the stuff he wasn't doing between them and the way the team works slightly changes.

Spurs with Kane's last season got 70 goals and 60 points. Spurs without Kane got 74 goals and 66 points.

Fernandes leaving wouldn't have a substantial difference on the team either way, honestly. A variance similar to Spurs' above (positive or negative) would be likely.
Come on - we both know that was down to a change of management at Spurs.

Come on - we both know that was down to a change of management at Spurs.

Well yes, but the same could happen here. New manager with different setup that plays without one single creative outlet.
If we handle it correctly selling Bruno isn't necessarily going to result in the sky falling down.
Simply selling him isn't going to fix anything of course and significant tactical changes would have to be made for it to have any other result than a significant downgrade to the team.

Be honest: which out of Barca/Bayern and us are more likely to win the league (or CL) in the next 2 years? Exactly.
Be honest: rank those leagues.

CL wise, I really don't know with Barca. Barca are genuinely screwed so really you're only asking about Bayern. Bayern have obviously won it a bit more recently but they're a new team now and haven't done much since winning it outside of this year getting to the semi. Obviously there is a better chance to win it with them (for one because we're not even in it this year) but it's not that high in my opinion. If a player is linked with Real or City, or even now to be honest looking at the team PSG are building, I kind of get that but Bayern are in need of big investment in a league that isn't as easy as it used to be, I think there should be a decent amount of skepticism there.

Well yes, but the same could happen here. New manager with different setup that plays without one single creative outlet.
If we handle it correctly selling Bruno isn't necessarily going to result in the sky falling down.
Simply selling him isn't going to fix anything of course and significant tactical changes would have to be made for it to have any other result than a significant downgrade to the team.

Yep but some of the takes on here suggest that same set up same players, get rid of Bruno and we win the league.

Spurs improved after they sold Kane. Liverpool after Coutinho. It's a very realistic outcome if you use the money wisely.

Spurs improved because they got a competent attacking manager. The idea that Kane was holding them back is straight up insane. If they’d retained Kane this season then they would have probably been up with the top 3.

It solves the biggest problem, with the easiest action.

Our style of play. Is our biggest problem.

Bin Bruno off, 99.5%, we won't play transition football. ETH himself said he doesn't play the AJAX way because of the profile of the players he has at United.
Guess which players are this 'profiles'

Bruno doesn't have to be the single creative outlet. I'm pretty sure he works well in a functioning possession-based team for Portugal. Let's say we keep Bruno and buy a winger whose first instinct isn't to run and shoot, but instead look up and create an opening, then we're likely to score more goals.

Be honest: rank those leagues.

CL wise, I really don't know with Barca. Barca are genuinely screwed so really you're only asking about Bayern. Bayern have obviously won it a bit more recently but they're a new team now and haven't done much since winning it outside of this year getting to the semi. Obviously there is a better chance to win it with them (for one because we're not even in it this year) but it's not that high in my opinion. If a player is linked with Real or City, or even now to be honest looking at the team PSG are building, I kind of get that but Bayern are in need of big investment in a league that isn't as easy as it used to be, I think there should be a decent amount of skepticism there.

I love the belief in our club despite all the shit that's happened. I respect it even.

But I will never accuse a player of being unambitious for joining Bayern, Barca or Real. And honestly, the list is longer than that since Fergie retired. We don't know if INEOS will prove successful. And because of that we are still far away from being a true top club. We are a top club in name and brand only. If anything, it's the players who join us who should be accused of following the money and being unambitious. That is why it's extra important for our scouts to find the right characters and probably stick to relatively young players.

It solves the biggest problem, with the easiest action.

Our style of play. Is our biggest problem.

Bin Bruno off, 99.5%, we won't play transition football. ETH himself said he doesn't play the AJAX way because of the profile of the players he has at United.
Guess which players are this 'profiles'

So those games Bruno didnt play, did our style of play massively improve or were we playing transitional?

If we made no signings and sold Bruno, you believe 99.5% we wont play transitional?

Forgive me for not catching on but I cant be sure with some of the things mentioned by fans here.

I know. It’s baffling. Wonder how our chance creation and goalscoring would improve if we sold him and signed two young talented possession-oriented midfielders to replace him.

I remember a similar type of discussion around Giggsy. You need those players who are willing to take risks even if it sometimes leads to losing possession.

Yes Bruno sometimes frustrates me as well but he’s our only creating outlet. The numbers he puts up in a shit United team is nothing short of incredible.

Sign/play more playmaking wingers instead of only running in behind and the team is instantly better and more balanced.

Sign a DM more comfortable with the ball and our attacking stops being so counter-oriented.