Bruno Fernandes Out?

I'd leave too if Mason Mount was paid more than me, who is a glorified Conner Gallagher.

Bruno is on a lenghty contract and is amongst our highest earners. That we gave Mount to high a wage has nothing to do with any of that.

While the agent is pimping him out, his son is flying the United flag.

He isn't going anywhere. We'll relent and give him a long term bumper contract and then regret it for 3 of the 5 years.

Does anyone believes that Barca or Bayern are going to stump gbp 80m for him? There isn't a chance in hell they'd do that.

Their "interest" is agent generated to get him a last big contract from us.

Why is there lot of discussion on his contract? Did any reporter reported that he is looking for new contract?

Maybe he wants to leave as he wants to play in different league or join club where his chances of winning trophies are higher. He is at his peak and haven't won much in his career.

Or maybe all this is just nonsense. Someone said "all this means he wants new contract" and others followed as if that's the truth

I think he just wants assurances we’ll stop being dogshit.

Why is there lot of discussion on his contract? Did any reporter reported that he is looking for new contract?

Maybe he wants to leave as he wants to play in different league or join club where his chances of winning trophies are higher. He is at his peak and haven't won much in his career.

Or maybe all this is just nonsense. Someone said "all this means he wants new contract" and others followed as if that's the truth

My guess is that it's Brunos own words about wanting to be here but only if the club wants him, and now his agent talking to different clubs quite openly.
It's still all guesswork but I can see why people might jump to that conclusion.
Regardless, United hold all the cards here, and I suspect nothing will end up happening and he will still be here next season.

I dont think it's without basis. He enters into final year of contract next season, and he will be turning 30. He said he wanted to stay at the club as long as United want him, and that his family is settled here. It isn't a stretch to insinuate that means "they should offer me a new deal, or I should leave, given next season is my final year".

I am unsure on his wages but if I'm not mistaken he's on less than Rashford and Mount, which is pretty hilarious.

My guess is that it's Brunos own words about wanting to be here but only if the club wants him, and now his agent talking to different clubs quite openly.
It's still all guesswork but I can see why people might jump to that conclusion.
Regardless, United hold all the cards here, and I suspect nothing will end up happening and he will still be here next season.

Maybe club thinks he should be sold as he clocked so many mins in last 6-7 years that he might be injured often, or decline quickly.

Also always take Portuguese papers with bucket of salt. They print million stories every window.

Maybe club thinks he should be sold as he clocked so many mins in last 6-7 years that he might be injured often, or decline quickly.

Also always take Portuguese papers with bucket of salt. They print million stories every window.

I'll have 10 times more belief in our revival under INEOS if it is that indeed.

The story should be dismissed as soon as Barcelona are mentioned - they've surely got nowhere near the funds available for the fee we'd demand, plus signing fee and wages.

My, my, what a predicament. Sure as hell wouldn't want to be one that has to take this decision.

Without Bruno, we’d struggle to score 40 goals next season and that’s an optimistic assumption.

Because creative players aren’t cheap, especially when it’s us buying. Bruno is also one of the best creative players in the world (whether you want to accept that or not), so we would likely be swapping him with an inferior player either way.

Because creative players aren’t cheap, especially when it’s us buying. Bruno is also one of the best creative players in the world (whether you want to accept that or not), so we would likely be swapping him with an inferior player either way.
Well I'm not suggesting we buy just 1 player, nor am I suggesting we buy 1:1 type players. We can use that money in different ways, it's unlikely we will be buying big players anyway, probably more bulk than anything I hope.

I look at some of the posts in this thread and wonder if Milan fans had similar debates when the club let Pirlo go?

He's passed it. He will be ancient if we extend his deal. We can reinvest if we get him off the wage bill.

That worked out so well...

...for Juve.

Bruno is no Pirlo

Bruno is no Pirlo
Not even close. You can also give examples in the opposite direction. Lots of people here said Spurs will struggle for goals, then score more goals than they have in years. Selling Kane seems to have done no damage to Spurs at all.

I had no idea Mason Mount was being paid so much.

Absolutely mental transfer in almost every concievable way.

As the devil's advocate, the club should see this through.

Also we say in our culture, there is no smoke without fire. So the mumbling around his future has some legs.

Anyway, We need a scalable team as a club. That can not happen with Bruno in it. We need a team with control and possession. If Ineos really bin him off then they would have solved a major problem in our team.

We need to bin either ETH or Bruno. We can't proceed with both, no matter who we sign nothing is going to make us progress.

We have changed managers, GK, defense, midblock (McFred), wingers since 2020,2021 yet we play absolutely same way. 'Ball over the top' game plan. And conceding goals and chances as ever.

1. Either Bruno leaves, it forces ETH to have a new game plan and create a different approach to games.
  2. ETH leaves, a new manager comes who will demand control in games and not tolerate ball over the top football. Carrick did it in his 3 game spell, so it's doable.

As sad as it is, we need to grow as a team. If Ineos can find a way to move him on, then the process for us being a top modern team is as near as it has ever been.

Feck business, our business is winning football matches and Bruno is a player who makes that happen. Give him a new contract, he can stay forever.
This thinking has bitten us in the ass often.

Not even close. You can also give examples in the opposite direction. Lots of people here said Spurs will struggle for goals, then score more goals than they have in years. Selling Kane seems to have done no damage to Spurs at all.
Or a Newcastle midfield, in a 80+ goal EPL TEAM.
We as United scored 57 goals in the league.
  1. Crystal Palace scored 57 goals. Same as us.
  2. Westham scored 55 goals, United had 2 more.
  3. Brentford scored 56 goals, United had 1 more.
  4. We scored 5 MORE GOALS than Luton in 38 games of Premier League Football. Luton who were relegated. They had 52 goals.

People act as if, we are doing soo good with Bruno in the team. That we will struggle when he leaves. We are already struggling with him in the team.

The 2 worst finish of United in PL happened with Bruno in the team.

Well I'm not suggesting we buy just 1 player, nor am I suggesting we buy 1:1 type players. We can use that money in different ways, it's unlikely we will be buying big players anyway, probably more bulk than anything I hope.

Selling our best players so we can buy more average squad filler isn’t really the best strategy to reach the top.

4. We scored 5 MORE GOALS than Luton in 38 games of Premier League Football. Luton who were relegated. They had 52 goals.

People act as if, we are doing soo good with Bruno in the team. That we will struggle when he leaves. We are already struggling with him in the team.

If you think that's bad. Just wait till you see Bruno not in the team anymore. It's only like that because Rashford was shite and Garnacho was too greedy at times. Plus no one was passing it to Rasmus. He's our ONLY source of creating chances.

Yea, agreed.

This is like looking at a diesel car and saying it will run faster on electric if you empty the tank.

The thinking of buying shite players has bitten us in the ass many many times more often.
We have literally have struggled to sell players due to high wages because we labelled them as far more valuable than they actually are. Rashford being the most obvious example.

Selling our best players so we can buy more average squad filler isn’t really the best strategy to reach the top.
You might not have noticed but we are not in a position to think about the top, we won't be fighting for the top during Brunos career.

He is well paid at United, doubt it will be about money if he leaves
How is it about anything else? He wants an extension (he already has 2 years remaining) and the club clearly isn’t keen on whatever length he’s asking for. I doubt money I.e. the weekly wage is an issue, we can offer big money, it’s about having a player earning big money past their prime and long into their decline.

Imagine starting next season with no Bruno and Sancho back in the ranks. Yikes.

The thing is, are Bayern or Barca going to pay him what he wants? If it is not, I doubt he’s going there at all

Is that the same real who have just given modric a new contract and begging kroos the reconsider his retirement

Real has spend obscene amount of money over the years. They are buying all the young players at record transfers. Modric and Kroos is still performing at a high level but if the silly money is on the table and the player is also happy. They will take the money. Have you seen they buy a player well over 30 yo???? Only United does that.