2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He is staying...

I am glad he is staying, but that's just one year and no doubt his contract is improved by at least 30-40% for some reason. Exactly the same stuff we have seen in recent years, protecting value by giving players enormous wages, who knows if it's actually a good thing, despite being our best attacking player.

I'm happy anyway. Hopefully he gets better players around him then he will shine more often.

He is our best player to be honest. He can be a bit inconsistent and lose the ball carelessly, but he is still the one that makes it happen. He needed to stay, losing him would be a backwards move for the next 2 years

Best player deserves top end salary, and agree with not extending it massively longer. Good decision.

One of the best players in the world, captain of the club and loves United.

Deserves to be one of the highest paid players in the league and I hope he will manage to win at least one of the two big trophies with us.

Get in! Our best player in the last decade imho. Always available, always fighting and almost always contributing something to the team.
Something that is emphazised whenever i am watching some United compilation, ”Uniteds best attacks” or whatever and you see Bruno is involved in almost everything good that happens in attack.

One of the best players in the world, captain of the club and loves United.

Deserves to be one of the highest paid players in the league and I hope he will manage to win at least one of the two big trophies with us.
Bang on. I hope he retires here. If we had more players with his attitude then we'd have won more trophies during his time here.

Deserved, closest thing to a club legend we have in this miserable era of the last few years. I hope we can win the league before he's done.

Deserved. Can't be the best player at the club and be on lower wages than the likes of Rashford, Sancho and Mount.

Not a fan of this at all. No doubt he's on much more money and we have only extended his deal by a year. Unnecessary.
Same here. I don't like the outlook of that at all. I respect him and his agents trying to get more money but the club simply didn't have a reason to extent at this point in time. Giving handy contracts away with no need after an 8th place finish... thats exactly what I hoped wouldn't happen anymore.

By top level hopefully they mean a new top level under a new wage structure and not a silly wage.

I think it was inevitable he was going to have to get a new contract after becoming captain and being our best player with market interest in him.

In the end we need to keep him in the short/medium term as we rebuild and hes a really good player so its a good decision overall by INEOS

The people celebrating this are probably the same morons who were delighted when we gave De Gea his last contract.

Same here. I don't like the outlook of that at all. I respect him and his agents trying to get more money but the club simply didn't have a reason to extent at this point in time. Giving handy contracts away with no need after an 8th place finish... thats exactly what I hoped wouldn't happen anymore.
I, for one, am shocked that you of all people wouldn't be a fan of extending Bruno's contract :lol: there goes that dream of selling him for 80m to rebuild the squad!

By top level hopefully they mean a new top level under a new wage structure and not a silly wage.

I think it was inevitable he was going to have to get a new contract after becoming captain and being our best player with market interest in him.

In the end we need to keep him in the short/medium term as we rebuild and hes a really good player so its a good decision overall by INEOS

We already had him tied down and we already gave him a pay rise. People are essentially celebrating an extra year and paying 30% more in wages for the next 4 years.:rolleyes:

The people celebrating this are probably the same morons who were delighted when we gave De Gea his last contract.
His last contract was up to 2026 its been extended by a year to 2027. David was handed a bog 5 year contract.

People pulling numbers out of their arse now :lol:

We already had him tied down and we already gave him a pay rise. People are essentially celebrating an extra year and paying 30% more in wages for the next 4 years.:rolleyes:
It's a good thing that you're here because I was starting to feel positive about our captain extending his contract. Thankfully you've come into this thread to forcibly tell everyone otherwise. I'm glad you're also doing your best in the Ten Hag thread to be overly negative whenever anyone says something slightly optimistic.

Utterly bonkers to give him a new contract when his existing one doesn’t run out until he’s 33!

His last contract renewal was in April 2022.

From that period, to date..

We have had the worst period in United history in PL. Scoring sub 60 goals :lol: :lol:
Having - goal difference

But we renew and increase salaries to players for what really?

As I said, we pay Premium cost to receive average / mediocre services.
We are one of the highest wage bill payers, but we have never been involved in a title race in 11 years, never played in a Champions League Quarter Final Game since 2014 ( during Moyes period)

As you can see, we pay so much and get so little in return.

One of the first missteps from Ineos.
For ETH his contract extension was necessary for football contiunity and it's was just 1 year trigger. If the manager who oversaw the worst finishes in United PL history didn't get an salary increase how comes players who played part in that period are getting new bumper contracts?

Very disappointing. Where is the benefit here? We get to extend Bruno's contract by a year, sure. However, with his undoubtedly improved wages, how is this a positive? There's only one winner here.

I can only surmise that Bruno has been kicking off and making ultimatums behind the scenes and we have bowed down. If this was the case, I'd much rather we called his bluff and sold him if necessary.

The slight differences being a) De Gea was on a noticeable decline before we gave him that fat new contract and b) Bruno hasn't been given a 375k a week contract.

Utterly bonkers to give him a new contract when his existing one doesn’t run out until he’s 33!

We have had the worst period in United history in PL. Scoring sub 60 goals :lol: :lol:
Having - goal difference

We are one of the highest wage bill payers, but we have never been involved in a title race in 11 years, never played in a Champions League Quarter Final Game since 2014 ( during Moyes period)

For ETH his contract extension was necessary for football contiunity and it's was just 1 year trigger. If the manager who oversaw the worst finishes in United PL history didn't get an salary increase how comes players who played part in that period are getting new bumper contracts?
Bruno has, for the second season in a row, topped the Chances Created table in the league. Would people be so negative if we were talking about Odegaard?

The biggest problem is the players around him being unable to hit a barn door, surely?

Having - goal difference

I, for one, am shocked that you of all people wouldn't be a fan of extending Bruno's contract :lol: there goes that dream of selling him for 80m to rebuild the squad!
I knew we wouldn't sell him and I wrote that many times. The issue I have right now is, that, to me, it doesn't shine a good light on the responsible people, that we extended that contract when we didn't have to. I acknowledge that sometimes you get into a situation where you have to decide between two suboptimal options - but the Bruno contract certainly isn't one of them. We could have just done nothing in the matter, the contract runs for some time. Instead we are handing big contracts most likely with a salary increase out after the worst league finish we had. Not sure how this is a good thing

I am glad he is staying, but that's just one year and no doubt his contract is improved by at least 30-40% for some reason. Exactly the same stuff we have seen in recent years, protecting value by giving players enormous wages, who knows if it's actually a good thing, despite being our best attacking player.

Not really. He is the first player that you can argue, has performed for us, unlike Martial, Jones, Lindelof, and whoever else got their contract extended.

It's a good thing that you're here because I was starting to feel positive about our captain extending his contract. Thankfully you've come into this thread to forcibly tell everyone otherwise. I'm glad you're also doing your best in the Ten Hag thread to be overly negative whenever anyone says something slightly optimistic.
I don't know what you're talking about in the ETH thread but suck off Bruno to your hearts content little pigeon. Forcibly tell everyone is hilarious. It's a post that goes against the majority opinion snowflake, no one is stopping you from continuing to be a pedantic sycophant.

I knew we wouldn't sell him and I wrote that many times. The issue I have right now is, that, to me, it doesn't shine a good light on the responsible people, that we extended that contract when we didn't have to. I acknowledge that sometimes you get into a situation where you have to decide between two suboptimal options - but the Bruno contract certainly isn't one of them. We could have just done nothing in the matter, the contract runs for some time. Instead we are handing big contracts most likely with a salary increase out after the worst league finish we had. Not sure how this is a good thing
I understand some of your frustrations but just on that bolded point - we would've finished lower than 8th were it not for Bruno. See Crystal Palace away.

He is our best player to be honest. He can be a bit inconsistent and lose the ball carelessly, but he is still the one that makes it happen. He needed to stay, losing him would be a backwards move for the next 2 years
100%

Never injured, best baller we have. Losing him would have been disastrous