Position: Midfielder - Attacking Midfield
Foot: Right
Player agent: Mrp. PositionNumber
Squad Number: #8
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2026
Contract Option: Player Optional 1 Year
Date of Last Contract Extension: Apr 1, 2022
Outfitter: Nike​

I wonder if we will see more of him as a false 9 this season, like the last couple of games last year. I actually think it suits him, as he is free to roam and try to be creative, and his positional discipline is not exposed as much with more bodies behind him to cover.

I wonder if we will see more of him as a false 9 this season, like the last couple of games last year. I actually think it suits him, as he is free to roam and try to be creative, and his positional discipline is not exposed as much with more bodies behind him to cover.

Doesn't leave us with enough for the midfield 3 if we consider him an option for the front 3, we would currently have Casemiro, Mount, Mctominay, Mainoo & Eriksen and there is a good chance a few of them go.

Doubtful. We have Zirkzee and Hojlund as 9s as it stands.

Until we find his replacement we cannot win midfield battles consistently to dominate the game. He cannot be default starting 11. With Bruno in the team even if you win the ball 5 seconds later he will lose it and invite pressure. He works his socks off but that's not good enough.

Only way to mitigate is to play him away from CM area like as a winger or false 9. Unfortunately that's not his natural game.

This is a fantastic gesture. Well done Bruno that's absolutely class.

Until we find his replacement we cannot win midfield battles consistently to dominate the game. He cannot be default starting 11. With Bruno in the team even if you win the ball 5 seconds later he will lose it and invite pressure. He works his socks off but that's not good enough.

Only way to mitigate is to play him away from CM area like as a winger or false 9. Unfortunately that's not his natural game.

You're going to be very disappointed this season...

This nonsense again?

One player doesn’t prevent ball domination and nor does one player ensure it.

Do you seriously think City no longer dominate games if they had to play Fernandes? :lol:
If they have Bruno as go to man and he keeps losing possession then yes, they won't dominate the midfield.... unless they have so damn good other 10 players that they can still dominate the game by not passing to Bruno.

If they have Bruno as go to man and he keeps losing possession then yes, they won't dominate the midfield.... unless they have so damn good other 10 players that they can still dominate the game by not passing to Bruno.

That’s probably the most daft thing I’ve ever read here in fairness.

We all know KdB gives a lot of ball away, in comparable numbers to Bruno, yet they have 70% + possession and dominate in almost every game.
It’s being daft to think one player can make such a difference.
I mean, feck me, we had Lingard, Smalling, Fellaini and Rojo in our LvG side and dominated possession and midfield in almost every game.

City average 690 passes per game, KDB averages around 50 passes per match (Bruno around 53). Both are risk takers and average around 72-79% pass completion.
Now just as with KDB, that’s absolutely fine, because he loses the ball on average 13 times a game.
That’s 13 of their 690 fecking passes man.

Even if Bruno had 60 passes and gave it away 30 times (50%) playing for City, it’d barely make a dent in that possession stat.

Last edited:
That’s probably the most daft thing I’ve ever read here in fairness.

We all know KdB gives a lot of ball away, in comparable numbers to Bruno, yet they have 70% + possession and dominate in almost every game.
It’s being daft to think one player can make such a difference.
I mean, feck me, we had Lingard, Smalling, Fellaini and Rojo in our LvG side and dominated possession and midfield in almost every game.

City average 690 passes per game, KDB averages around 50 passes per match (Bruno around 53). Both are risk takers and average around 72-79% pass completion.
Now just as with KDB, that’s absolutely fine, because he loses the ball on average 13 times a game.
That’s 13 of their 690 fecking passes man.

Even if Bruno had 60 passes and gave it away 30 times (50%) playing for City, it’d barely make a dent in that possession stat.
Daft to think dominate midfield means only retain possession which is what LvG did. When team is on attack (and not passing 5 yard to each other) and your attacking midfielder keep losing possession by unforced errors then it invites extra pressure on entire team. If you have highly calibre other players who can break the counter and win it back for the team then yes, have a hollywood bruno in your team. In this United team the current version of Bruno is a huge liability unless he moderate his game and learn to play as a team player rather than trying hopeless hollywood passes every now and then.

Daft to think dominate midfield means only retain possession which is what LvG did. When team is on attack (and not passing 5 yard to each other) and your attacking midfielder keep losing possession by unforced errors then it invites extra pressure on entire team. If you have highly calibre other players who can break the counter and win it back for the team then yes, have a hollywood bruno in your team. In this United team the current version of Bruno is a huge liability unless he moderate his game and learn to play as a team player rather than trying hopeless hollywood passes every now and then.

In this current team, every single player barring Martinez has been a liability by losing possession with unforced errors. AWB, Dalot, Casemiro, Varane, Maguire, Rashford, Højlund, Garnacho, so strange once again you’re putting so much of the blame on our one creative player.

Regarding LVG, his team was actually crying out for a Bruno, they’ve have been dangerous then.

Last edited:
Bruno gets taken for granted by so many on here. His numbers are phenomenal and despite his limitations in certain areas, his productivity is off the chart.

Taking him out of this team and replacing his goals and assists would be pretty much impossible. Not only that, his fitness record and engine are second to none.

Bruno gets taken for granted by so many on here. His numbers are phenomenal and despite his limitations in certain areas, his productivity is off the chart.

Taking him out of this team and replacing his goals and assists would be pretty much impossible. Not only that, his fitness record and engine are second to none.
I agree. We don't know how lucky we are to have him, because he plays every game and we only had to play without him once (tip: we were SHIT). Also, he is extremely unlucky to be playing for us in the worst United team for decades. I hope INEOS can build a team worth Bruno, before he leaves us.
452254715_892068516288833_2572633080885350003_n.jpg

Very true indeed, even though I dislike his hero football style at times, I think he is a key player for us and his productivity is what keeps the team afloat at times.

I bet if the team around him is stable, consistent and able to make use of the chances he creates, we will surely see less hero football and more measured and controlled Bruno which will make us even better.

I agree. We don't know how lucky we are to have him, because he plays every game and we only had to play without him once (tip: we were SHIT). Also, he is extremely unlucky to be playing for us in the worst United team for decades. I hope INEOS can build a team worth Bruno, before he leaves us.
452254715_892068516288833_2572633080885350003_n.jpg

Bruno is nowhere near KDBs level. This is rawk levels of delusion.

Hopefully Saudi Arabia can save us from another season of hero ball from gerrard...err i mean bruno

Last edited:
Bruno can have similar or better stats than KdB but that does not make him a similar or better level of footballer, people should not get carried away in trying to defend Bruno's apparent shortcomings. Some things should be obvious, for example just because two players lose the same amount of balls does not mean that their quality of play or decision making was similar.

Personally I have always maintained that Bruno could be very useful if given strict instructions to play within a well defined structure, that way the team can benefit from his engine throughout the middle and his unpredictability in the final third. He should not have license to roam everywhere and play whatever he wants without consequences.

I'll be the first to sing his praises if I see him play a more sensible, team game and I think he can do it.

Hopefully Saudi Arabia can save us from another season of hero ball from gerrard...err i mean bruno

I will never not take pleasure in the way some people get so badly triggered by statistics in Bruno threads. Looking forward to many more tears from them this season.

More goals and assists in less games, playing for much worse team, but sure - he is "nowhere near KDB".

You are pretty much proving our point how unappreciated Bruno is by some

I really need to understand why so many people hate Bruno here, did he kick a dog, had an affair or was racist to someone? Because his numbers are better than most of the players in the league and even when he loses the ball he tracks back like a mad dog, so what is it then? That he falls by any little touch? Same as Rodri or any other Spanish player?

Reactions: Cheimoon

It would be impossible to replace 8 assists in a PL season and around 6 goals? Assuming someone else takes penalties, of course. How would that be impossible?

More goals and assists in less games, playing for much worse team, but sure - he is "nowhere near KDB".

You are pretty much proving our point how unappreciated Bruno is by some
This is simply incorrect. Look up their minutes played in PL, and De Bruyne leads G+A (non-penalty) by far.

I really need to understand why so many people hate Bruno here, did he kick a dog, had an affair or was racist to someone? Because his numbers are better than most of the players in the league and even when he loses the ball he tracks back like a mad dog, so what is it then? That he falls by any little touch? Same as Rodri or any other Spanish player?
I think it boils down to two reasons:

1) Some people have a preference for a certain style of midfielder who plays safer passes. They may get fewer assists than Bruno but they'll have a higher pass completion percentage . I prefer having one risk taker in the midfield but each to their own.
2) His whinging grates a lot of people. I personally prefer my captain to be vocal, but a lot people wish he'd shut his mouth sometimes (including refs based on how many cards for dissent he gets).

I think he’s gone from being wildly overrated to chronically underrated, to overrated again because he ended this season well. He’s steadily declined in my opinion, mostly because we used to setup 100% for him to influence everything and now, even though he’s still the main attacking creator, goals seem a bit more spread out. It isn’t his fault he’s part of a sub par team but then people who compare him to someone like KDB are mental.

I will never not take pleasure in the way some people get so badly triggered by statistics in Bruno threads. Looking forward to many more tears from them this season.
It’s mind boggling, isn’t it? Bruno loses the ball much more - stats will tell you otherwise. KdB creates more - no he doesn’t.

I think he’s brilliant both from watching him and looking at stats. Was it not Messi who lost the ball the most in La Liga?
https://www.goal.com/en/news/barcel...s-the-ball-away-more-than/blta6b725bb7cd0009d
Oldie, but still relevant. If you try to create, you will also fail from time to time.

Surely your joking, he's the most creative player we have, i thought we looked hopeless when he missed those 2 games, especially against Palace.

Hes a guaranteed starter for me and i think hes wildly underrated even by United fans.

Bruno now is better than KDB. The latter is no way near his best anymore while Bruno still is.

Considering he's had pretty much no preseason, Bruno was pretty good today. A few of the passes he played today deserved a lot more than his teammates delivered. Such a shame his goal was offside. Nobody will remember the quality of the finish now.