Ballon d’Or 2024 — post-Messi era

Dunno who would win it, but the Euros/Copa America would be very relevant at this point, the Madrid fellas already with an advantage given how "heavy" CL's titles are regarding this award.

PD: regarding the whole deraill about Messi's last WC:
From what I've read, I'll say:

1. Messi had a really great WC22, with extraordinary moments, way better than many people think, not as great as the ones below....
2. ...Maradona in 86 had a better one if not the best KO Cup I've seen from anyone (right now I think of Platini Euro 84, Garrincha 62 being extraordinary too). (PD: Yet lately I was told in a Forum that it's mostly mere "story telling and a narrative")
3. The Argie WC22 it's way better than many here imply, looks like some sort of idea in order to boost in a very silly silly way Messi's perfomance.

Last edited:
Weghorst will win it after putting 3 past Pickford (or Joe Heart or whoever England have on goal) in the Euros final and dedicate it to Van Gaal and Ten Hag.

England win Euros = Bellingham
France win Euros = Mbappe
Germany win Euros = Kroos
Brazil win Copa = Vinicius

None of the above happens then it would depend on who does the best out of the above.

Mbappe will win if France win Euros. The other three are not good enough for Ballon D’or, they are not at the levels of previous winners, of course, I mean the winners other than Messi and CR7.

Kroos and Vinicius have been eliminated.

It's between Messi (if Argentina win the Copa) and whoever wins the Euros.

Who do you think deserves the Ballon d'Or from Spain if they win the Euros?

Maybe a bit too early to give it to Yamal or not?

Neither Bellingham or Mbappe deserve it, both aren't contending for the Golden Ball at the Euro and Mbappe didn't win the CL either.

Vini isn't the smartest, he needed to avoid a yellow and play against Uruguay. Nevertheless it comes down to votes and he'll get plenty for his skills unless tired Bellingham or broken nosed Mbappe magically pull up trees in the semis or finals.

Bellingham will win it. Just feels like his as well as England’s year with this piss easy. He’s not the best player in the world but that’s how this award goes.

Bellingham will win it. Just feels like his as well as England’s year with this piss easy. He’s not the best player in the world but that’s how this award goes.
Bellingham is traveling home on wednesday. He can kiss Wout's boots after his ballon d'or speech.

Kroos and Vinicius have been eliminated.

It's between Messi (if Argentina win the Copa) and whoever wins the Euros.

Who do you think deserves the Ballon d'Or from Spain if they win the Euros?

Maybe a bit too early to give it to Yamal or not?

Probably Rodri, he's the only undoubted best player in his position in contention.

One of the criteria for the award is also player behavior though.

Can't have someone who does obscene gestures like Bellingham against Slovakia being given the Ballon d'Or.

People like @LA BOMBA actually mentioning Messi :lol:

Absolute joke. Bloke plays in a less than farmers league, Bellingham for example has just won La Liga & the CL and is currently in a Euro semi final.

Messi currently has played just 3 games in the CA, against absolute shite like Canada, then played Chile and a quarter vs. Ecuador. He has one single assist v Canada.

Has to be Bellinghams to lose now. If England win the Euros there's no doubt he'll get it regardless of how he does.

One of the criteria for the award is also player behavior though.

Can't have someone who does obscene gestures like Bellingham against Slovakia being given the Ballon d'Or.

I gather you haven't seen this fabulous display of double standards
Screenshot-20240707-110119-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Any other nation and he would be crucified.

"Bringing the game into disrepute"/"Intent doesn't matter as it's hard to establish" yadda yadda. Petty UEFA :lol:

Still think it's going to be Vinicius since I don't think England will win the EC and he was in the pole position before the international tournaments started. And I think he deserves it.

Rodri is a very good shout as well, though.

One things for certain, whoever wins it will be the most underwhelming winner since Fabio Cannavaro in 06.

Neither Bellingham or Mbappe deserve it, both aren't contending for the Golden Ball at the Euro and Mbappe didn't win the CL either.

Vini isn't the smartest, he needed to avoid a yellow and play against Uruguay. Nevertheless it comes down to votes and he'll get plenty for his skills unless tired Bellingham or broken nosed Mbappe magically pull up trees in the semis or finals.
Vini Jr probably helped by the fact he wasn't involved in the knockout. Brazil were never going to win it anyway.

One things for certain, whoever wins it will be the most underwhelming winner since Fabio Cannavaro in 06.
Fabio Cannavaro was at least the best defender that year. I don't think Bellingham is the best midfielder in the world this year. But team achievements are what count now and he also has the personality for it, unlike Rodri who seems bland in comparison.

If it's anyone other than Vinicius or Kroos then it's once again a farce of a voting system.

Fabio Cannavaro was at least the best defender that year. I don't think Bellingham is the best midfielder in the world this year. But team achievements are what count now and he also has the personality for it, unlike Rodri who seems bland in comparison.
Since when? They always ignore team achievements which is why Snjeider should have won it back in 2012 I think when inter did the treble.

Can they just cancel it for this year?

Absolute joke. Bloke plays in a less than farmers league, Bellingham for example has just won La Liga & the CL and is currently in a Euro semi final.

Messi currently has played just 3 games in the CA, against absolute shite like Canada, then played Chile and a quarter vs. Ecuador. He has one single assist v Canada.

If Messi wins Copa and MLS he absolutely deserves it.

So Bellingham getting it after going missing in the CL knockouts and being fairly crap at the Euros wouldn’t matter so long as his team keep getting by? It’s meant to be an individual award but you don’t think that would be a joke?

So Bellingham getting it after going missing in the CL knockouts and being fairly crap at the Euros wouldn’t matter so long as his team keep getting by? It’s meant to be an individual award but you don’t think that would be a joke?
He's been brilliant for Madrid this season and is part of an England side that's gone reasonably deep in the Euros. What's Messi done to deserve the award? He's playing in a no mark league and hasn't pulled up trees in the copa.

Bellingham has the current best goal in the competition, won the CL, won La Liga and had 36 goals contributions for his club.
He was the La Liga player of the year and Madrids player of the year in the LL/CL winning season.

That’d matter a feck tonne more than Messi simply showing up for a few weeks for the stand out competition favourites man, obviously.

He's been brilliant for Madrid this season and is part of an England side that's gone reasonably deep in the Euros. What's Messi done to deserve the award? He's playing in a no mark league and hasn't pulled up trees in the copa.

Bellingham's only case is if England win the Euros to go with this CL and league trophies, nothing less.

Messi, Vini, Mbappe can get away with winning Ballon D'or by playing in low quality leagues or not showing up / playing in CL or not showing up in international tournament but still winning something significant simply because they are better players than Bellingham.

Bellingham's only case is if England win the Euros to go with this CL and league trophies, nothing less.

Messi, Vini, Mbappe can get away with winning Ballon D'or by playing in low quality leagues or not showing up / playing in CL or not showing up in international tournament but still winning something significant simply because they are better players than Bellingham.

Bizarre take :lol:

Rodri if Spain win
Mbappe if France win
Bellingham if England win

Can't really complain in any case. There is no player who's far ahead of the rest anymore.

Netherlands winning the Euros and Argentina winning the Copa would throw the vote into pure chaos though :lol:

I'd give it Ronaldo. His insane self-centred breakdown was the only entertaining thing about The Euros and we want to see this again at the World Cup.

It's decided by vote so whoever is popular among journalists and national coaches win no? People are just going to vote for whoever they like since there's no outstanding player, Barca fans won't vote for Vini or Bellingham and German FA will vote for Kroos.

If Messi somehow wins the Copa his loyalists will vote for him again :lol:

I mean, there isn't a total standout and he was great for Arsenal last season and has been comfortably our best performer in the Euros.
He wasn’t Arsenal’s best player last (trophyless) season and he’s only had one good game at the Euros.