Gaming Baldur's Gate III by Larian Studios (PS5, PC, Mac, Xbox Series X|S)

Jesus the last few fights in the game are beyond annoying. So many fecking characters on screen it takes forever.
The worst I've had was when I mistakenly opened the wrong door in the bank... and then critically failed one easy persuasion check :lol: There were like 40 enemies, maybe more, running from every floor and you could physically feel how much slower their AI pathfinding works when there are a few flights of stairs separating you (understandably I don't think they cared about optimizing it).

Finished it

For the last fight I basically just used misty step and teleport to get my characters and the emperor to the portal while summoning allies to distract the baddies. Was too painful to try fight them head on first.

sided with The Emperor in the end and let him become the guy to destroy the brain. That’s basically the best version of a “good playthrough” I could think of. All companions survived but Karlach ended up in Avernus. Didn’t let Gale take the crown.

Can only assume my bard is off to bone Shadowheart for all eternity now, well deserved.

10/10 GOTY and one of the best games I’ve ever played. Think I need to uninstall it to stop myself doing another playthrough right now.

Finished it

10/10 GOTY and one of the best games I’ve ever played. Think I need to uninstall it to stop myself doing another playthrough right now.
this-heresy-i-will-hear-no-more-of-it.gif

Finished it

For the last fight I basically just used misty step and teleport to get my characters and the emperor to the portal while summoning allies to distract the baddies. Was too painful to try fight them head on first.

sided with The Emperor in the end and let him become the guy to destroy the brain. That’s basically the best version of a “good playthrough” I could think of. All companions survived but Karlach ended up in Avernus. Didn’t let Gale take the crown.

Can only assume my bard is off to bone Shadowheart for all eternity now, well deserved.

To your last bit, i'm on my 3rd straight playthrough, and i'm on my way to act 3 now, just finished last boss in 2.
Already decided to play "durge" on my 4th straight after.

I got so eager to finish it and start another game that i used Gale, just to finish last boss quicker :lol:

Still loving this so far a few hours in now. Never played the series before. Is it likely on the pc this will get modded with other people's campaigns? That would be awesome.
Divinity 2 (the developers last game) had a campaign editor. This doesn't probably because the people who own d&d are trying to sell their own digital d&d campaign editor via a subscription. This game is a both really good and potentially really bad for them.
Larian are using the same engine and tools from their last game so a modder coming along and rebuilding that campaign editor is a pretty plausible task. At which point wizards of the coast fancy new monetisation stream is competing against a really, really strong alternative with a one off cost.

To your last bit, i'm on my 3rd straight playthrough, and i'm on my way to act 3 now, just finished last boss in 2.
Already decided to play "durge" on my 4th straight after.

I got so eager to finish it and start another game that i used Gale, just to finish last boss quicker :lol:
Yeah durge will be my next but I’m waiting a while.

I finished my goody two shoes barbarian run a few days back. Wasn't much of a goody two shoes by the end.
It basically turned into a freedom run where everyone gets what they want, free from deities or other control. Wyll rejected Mizora, Shadowheart rejected Sharr, Lae'zel rejected Vlakith with me promising to free Orpheus. Rejected Raphael. Gale mostly rejected Mystra but i didn't bring him to last fight and nothing came of that or wanting the crown of Karsus (i promised to give it to him because that was kind of how i was rolling). I was trying to resist the dark urge and rejected that too. I helped Astarian ascend, killing a lot of people in the process but figuring they were a lost cause and freeing an army of vampires wasn't a great alternative. I made a lot of promises, while rejecting any help to get there. So i tied myself in knots trying to help everyone and avoid compromising myself too much or at all really (random orgasms in the middle of the street aside).
I ended up with a few different timed quests and other stuff crashing into each other with no obvious way out without failing some. Gortash didn't end well and i wasn't too popular with anyone at that point. I kind of went off and played a couple of other playthroughs more at that point and just went back to it this week to finish it off whatever way it went. I just about saved Halsin from Orin by refusing to go back to camp and basically using lots of potions and standard attacks - no rage, no spells for a few fights. Dont know if it was necessary at that point after killing Gortash but i had a mountain of potions using up bag space so ...). Spent most of my remaining playthrough with Jaheira and Minsc because they didn't want random shit from me. Got through the rest mostly fine up to Orpheus at which point the game gave me another slap and said you cant have everything your way again ... Finding the emperors old friend under Wyrms rock as the last thing i did before starting that quest didn't help his cause. I turned on him and freed orpheus at which point someone had to be turned Illithid - me. After wiping out every other Illithid and the falling out with the Emperor i decided i should finish the job and gutted myself on the dock. Letting people do their own thing without pressure from me meant Karlach followed behind and died.
My barbarian didn't get to go off and bone Shadowheart for all eternity :(

Is it worth trying to fight Nere?

I’ve tried twice now, even positioning my squad pre fight but the allies are crap and Coerce fecks my shit up.

:lol: it’s one of those games where bosses go from “this is impossible” to dead in the next attempt cause you tried something a little different.

Didn’t actually work out. The people I’d agreed to split money with turned on me I think. I wasn’t paying attention to the dialogue. My party were already fecked so now I’ve got to do it all again ffs

Didn’t actually work out. The people I’d agreed to split money with turned on me I think. I wasn’t paying attention to the dialogue. My party were already fecked so now I’ve got to do it all again ffs
They do ask for you to kill the all-seeing eye of the Absolut beforehand... so maybe that was the issue.

They do ask for you to kill the all-seeing eye of the Absolut beforehand... so maybe that was the issue.

I did kill it. I think the guy I made the deal with died in battle, so his mate decided to turn on me. My whole party died.

Did it again the guy I made the deal with lived so all gravy. At the forge now, I struggled to get back down after lowering it. Is the only option to turn into gas/misty step/fall potion/falling damage?

I did kill it. I think the guy I made the deal with died in battle, so his mate decided to turn on me. My whole party died.

Did it again the guy I made the deal with lived so all gravy. At the forge now, I struggled to get back down after lowering it. Is the only option to turn into gas/misty step/fall potion/falling damage?
You can always shoot the control lever (or valve or whatever) with a bow?

Just a warning that for the dribbles the clown quest (where you need the fetch all the bodyparts), for the severed hand you find in the circus, make sure you don't pickpocket or steal it using stealth. You need to steal it in plain sight and then convince the merchant in front to keep it. I found out the hard way after initially stealing it (by wiping out half the circus :lol: ), only to find I cant turn the quest in after I've collected all bodyparts. Very annoyed, I had to murder the quest giver in frustration to 'complete' the quest and remove it from my active log

Just cleared the goblin camp, I'm finding it a hard game to get properly into with my drip feed gaming hours.

Just cleared the goblin camp, I'm finding it a hard game to get properly into with my drip feed gaming hours.

Yeah I get no time in the day at the min so usually 9/10pm onwards I get to play. By the time I know it it's nearly 1am and I am absolutely knackered the next morning.

Yeah I get no time in the day at the min so usually 9/10pm onwards I get to play. By the time I know it it's nearly 1am and I am absolutely knackered the next morning.

I gave myself a couple of hours after the match last night......ended up in bed at 2am.

I was getting frustrated with the combat but something at least clicked with it last night, it's hard getting your arse kicked constantly and then suddenly not.

I gave myself a couple of hours after the match last night......ended up in bed at 2am.

I was getting frustrated with the combat but something at least clicked with it last night, it's hard getting your arse kicked constantly and then suddenly not.

Yeah I've started to feel more powerful at Level 5/6 but some things still kick my arse if the rolls go against me or I make a bad choice. I keep ending my turn by accident too :lol:

Yeah I've started to feel more powerful at Level 5/6 but some things still kick my arse if the rolls go against me or I make a bad choice. I keep ending my turn by accident too :lol:

Not just me then :lol:

I must be close to Level 5 now but I took some time to properly equip my characters and suddenly they weren't made of glass anymore, albeit I still just spam attacks I think are good, I'm the route one football of BG3 battles.

Ok Grym can actually feck off.
The game often leaves clues in the arena for how to defeat tough enemies.

lure him into the middle part, and then get someone to slam the forge down on him. Does a shit ton of damage.

lure him into the middle part, and then get someone to slam the forge down on him. Does a shit ton of damage.
Just make sure that he stepped into the lava just beforehand and has the debuff, otherwise he won’t take any damage

Ok Grym can actually feck off.

Is that the guy who was buried, or something?

I struggled in a fight in the forge area, might be that one, so i left to look around for a little bit, and when i came back he was dead. No idea what happened, i didn't touch him.

Is that the guy who was buried, or something?

I struggled in a fight in the forge area, might be that one, so i left to look around for a little bit, and when i came back he was dead. No idea what happened, i didn't touch him.
Nope, that would be Nere. He dies under the rubble if you don’t save (and, most likely, kill) him before the long rest.

Grym is a robot that defends the Forge itself from intruders.

Honestly I feel like I miss out on so much sometimes :lol: that’s so obvious I don’t know how it didn’t cross my mind.

I’ve currently got all four on different platforms luring him towards them but far enough he can’t really reach, and then getting someone else to lure him the opposite way. Another member of the team just hitting the wheel with an arrow to keep the lava in.

Killed him. In the middle of sorting loot and stuff afterwards… game crashes. Didn’t save.

Killed him. In the middle of sorting loot and stuff afterwards… game crashes. Didn’t save.

Oh my god and now I can’t do it again. This time there’s mephits?

This is infuriating. fecking crash.

Nope, that would be Nere. He dies under the rubble if you don’t save

No, i actually did get him out of there, but ran away.
His corpse was in the middle of the room when i got back.

No, i actually did get him out of there, but ran away.
His corpse was in the middle of the room when i got back.
I guess the duergars kill him in that scenario, they're not really happy with him.

When I managed to kill him he was kind of near the middle but not quite. The hammer caught him and killed him instantly but now it just seems to do no damage, make him prone and summon mephits ffs.

Nope, that would be Nere. He dies under the rubble if you don’t save (and, most likely, kill) him before the long rest.

Grym is a robot that defends the Forge itself from intruders.
That bit really annoyed me because the game didn’t make it obvious at all that you had to do it straight away, and I missed a load of content.