Gaming Baldur's Gate III by Larian Studios (PS5, PC, Mac, Xbox Series X|S)

Killed him. In the middle of sorting loot and stuff afterwards… game crashes. Didn’t save.
Oh my god and now I can’t do it again. This time there’s mephits?

This is infuriating. fecking crash.

tobias-tobias-funke.gif

Started Act II finally. 39 hours in for just the first Act.

Cazador was the easiest boss fight in the game. You can just yeet him off the platform in the first turn and mop up the adds.
I did think of that. But don't I need his staff to free the prisoners and if I've pushed him off the ledge I can't loot him.

I did think of that. But don't I need his staff to free the prisoners and if I've pushed him off the ledge I can't loot him.

Nah, it works out fine. He reappears in his coffin for the post-fight cutscene and you can loot him afterwards.

Nah, it works out fine. He reappears in his coffin for the post-fight cutscene and you can loot him afterwards.
Cheers. I ended up defeating him and ascending with Asterion anyway so the prisoners didn't matter, they all imploded. :lol:

Started Act II finally. 39 hours in for just the first Act.
Sounds familiar. I‘m progressing very slowly now, not that much time anymore and due some unrelated thread about something something cyberpunk (and the new patch + upcoming dlc) I reinstalled and made a fresh start with Cyberpunk 2077.

My imagination has been dulled by AAA games. I watched a tips and tricks video on Youtube about things you could do and none of it ever occurred to me. I need to start experimenting.

My imagination has been dulled by AAA games. I watched a tips and tricks video on Youtube about things you could do and none of it ever occurred to me. I need to start experimenting.

Yeah I've been half tempted to look at stuff like that but then that's still not my imagination, just stealing ideas.

Where does act 2 start? I thought I was in act 2 but based on no trophy for finishing act 1 I think I'm actually still in act 1.

Everything until you go to the Moonrise towers area is act one. Sword Coast, Underdark, Grymforge and Githyanki Creche. But you can move onto Act 2 areas before finishing all of it.

There's a point of no return in a certain dungeon area (not Grymforge, well after that) that might explicitly be the end of act 1

Everything until you go to the Moonrise towers area is act one. Sword Coast, Underdark, Grymforge and Githyanki Creche. But you can move onto Act 2 areas before finishing all of it.

There's a point of no return in a certain dungeon area (not Grymforge, well after that) that might explicitly be the end of act 1

Wait where the feck was that :lol:

Luckily I did the whole of the grymforge and then went to find the crèche. It is a laugh that after you go in the machine you can trigger a fight with half the crèche, kill them all and then go chat to the other half like nothing happened.

I forgot to go there.

I should have reminded you a 3rd time, aparantly 2 wasn't enough :lol:

If you go there on 2nd playthrough, i highly recommend to bring Lae'zel.

Wow, endgame bosses at tactician are no joke! Ansur absolutely trashed me.

The level 12 cap is a bit weird when major enemies in Act 3 are above that level.

Also, I just realised you can recruit any companion from camp and their level will immediately match your own level. I brought level 1 Karlach along to see dead Gortash and she immediately jumped to level 12. I like my team of sorcerer Dark Urge, cleric Shadowheart, fighter Lae'zel and rogue Astorion because its well balanced but I would have experimented more if I realised this earlier. Definitely will be more playthroughs when I complete it. I just arrived to the house of hope.

The level 12 cap is a bit weird when major enemies in Act 3 are above that level.

Also, I just realised you can recruit any companion from camp and their level will immediately match your own level. I brought level 1 Karlach along to see dead Gortash and she immediately jumped to level 12. I like my team of sorcerer Dark Urge, cleric Shadowheart, fighter Lae'zel and rogue Astorion because its well balanced but I would have experimented more if I realised this earlier. Definitely will be more playthroughs when I complete it. I just arrived to the house of hope.
Not sure how you'll play it out, but my run met with Rafael and it's a stupidly tough fight, hardest in the game I think. Good luck!

Not sure how you'll play it out, but my run met with Rafael and it's a stupidly tough fight, hardest in the game I think. Good luck!
Cheers. My team is at level 12 so I can't even grind anymore. I turned to the Raphael fight because the zombie dragon was kicking my ass. I still have to kill Orin and presumably the big brain too.

Ok, evil playthroughs are too evil.

Shart killed the Nightsong, the protection on the inn failed and His Majesty was killed. Oh, and about fifty people as well but who gives a shit about them.

Ok, evil playthroughs are too evil.

Shart killed the Nightsong, the protection on the inn failed and His Majesty was killed. Oh, and about fifty people as well but who gives a shit about them.
I've been playing a resisting Dark Urge playthrough and how the last light inn played out for me was hilarious.

Cast of Baldur's gate 3 playing D&D

Just randomly found this on Reddit.
I've been watching a lot of voice actor stuff on youtube this week (have plenty of time at work), they're all really cool.
This is Shadowheart, Karlach, Wyll, Gale, Astarion and Lae'zel voice actors :)

Edit: Oh and the narrator is their dungeon master!
Edit 2: No, just a little bit. sorry!

Last edited:
Cast of Baldur's gate 3 playing D&D

Just randomly found this on Reddit.
I've been watching a lot of voice actor stuff on youtube this week (have plenty of time at work), they're all really cool.
This is Shadowheart, Karlach, Wyll, Gale, Astarion and Lae'zel voice actors :)

Edit: Oh and the narrator is their dungeon master!
Edit 2: No, just a little bit. sorry!

Speaking of VA’s and D&D, I played D&D a bunch as a kid but lost touch with it as I grew older. It was finding the Critical Role podcast that sucked me back in. Literally a 1,000+ hours of free entertainment and one (plus another on the way) TV show as well.

Cheers. My team is at level 12 so I can't even grind anymore. I turned to the Raphael fight because the zombie dragon was kicking my ass. I still have to kill Orin and presumably the big brain too.
For the Dragon, check if you have any arrows of dragonslaying, they take off a fair chunk of its health

At that stage it becomes more about utilising the great weapons you get, I find. Some of them make a huge difference.

Raphael was my toughest fight, getting the big ogre on my side at the start helped, then AoE the shit out of the demons, get a melee character like Karlach/Laez'el constantly on the pillars too, if you manage to get them down he's not that bad. Really it's about surviving until they're down and then you can wallop him. Also, use elixirs of fire resistance on all your characters before the fight begins, they last until a short rest.

For the Dragon, check if you have any arrows of dragonslaying, they take off a fair chunk of its health
Yep, I'd been buying the dragon arrows from merchants assuming I'd eventually come up against one. They do good damage but his huge attack annihilated my team, even if they were behind the crystal pillars. I will look for better armour and return to him.

At that stage it becomes more about utilising the great weapons you get, I find. Some of them make a huge difference.

Raphael was my toughest fight, getting the big ogre on my side at the start helped, then AoE the shit out of the demons, get a melee character like Karlach/Laez'el constantly on the pillars too, if you manage to get them down he's not that bad. Really it's about surviving until they're down and then you can wallop him. Also, use elixirs of fire resistance on all your characters before the fight begins, they last until a short rest.
Tried him there, and failed. :lol:

I will try again tomorrow, there is some strong equipment down there so definitely worth the journey. I didn't manage to convince the ogre to fight with me so hopefully I get him next time. I was surprised to hear Raphael was singing the accompanying song for the fight.:lol:

Tried him there, and failed. :lol:

I will try again tomorrow, there is some strong equipment down there so definitely worth the journey. I didn't manage to convince the ogre to fight with me so hopefully I get him next time. I was surprised to hear Raphael was singing the accompanying song for the fight.:lol:
He's actually a pretty straight forward fight once you know what to do. The key is to destroy those pillars ASAP, and then use crowd control to keep him locked. I just spammed those laughter/dancing scrolls and he barely got an attack in while my party beat him down.

Yep, I'd been buying the dragon arrows from merchants assuming I'd eventually come up against one. They do good damage but his huge attack annihilated my team, even if they were behind the crystal pillars. I will look for better armour and return to him.
Lightning resistance elixir also helps. Plus they seemed to fix the pillars thing in the last update.

Lightning resistance elixir also helps. Plus they seemed to fix the pillars thing in the last update.
There was a pillar thing?
It was a fight that i died a couple times on which makes it feel notable for being one of the tougher ones. Getting help from the big guy helps and can swing the difficulty a lot. I focused down pillars, mostly ignored adds which kind of died to random aoe damage and opportunity attacks and remembered to stop casting radiant spells and killing half my characters in the first turn.
I think i mostly tried to stay out of Raphaels way for a lot of the early turns.

New update dropped. You can change your character's appearance at camp.