Gaming Baldur's Gate III by Larian Studios (PS5, PC, Mac, Xbox Series X|S)

Better be worth it waiting for Karlach to stop being so on fire. I’ve got Shadowheart basically all over me. Also the game seems to constantly steer you towards flirting :lol: Had the option will Gale during a really normal conversation and I swear it was trying to get me to shag Halsin too :lol:

Better be worth it waiting for Karlach to stop being so on fire. I’ve got Shadowheart basically all over me. Also the game seems to constantly steer you towards flirting :lol: Had the option will Gale during a really normal conversation and I swear it was trying to get me to shag Halsin too :lol:

The Gale one is definitely forced to the max. Was having a very normal and casual conversation and then out of nowhere it got flirty as feck.

Yeah the game is very horny, Gale and Laezel both basically tried to bang my character in my first interaction with them. Gale was the weirdest one as apparently I broke his heart despite literally never leading him on :lol: Laezel i was at least able to bang and then move on.

Halsin is also a bit of a weird one. It’s like you tell him he’s big for an elf and in his eyes that means you wanna bone.

Yeah the game is very horny, Gale and Laezel both basically tried to bang my character in my first interaction with them. Gale was the weirdest one as apparently I broke his heart despite literally never leading him on :lol: Laezel i was at least able to bang and then move on.

Halsin is also a bit of a weird one. It’s like you tell him he’s big for an elf and in his eyes that means you wanna bone.
Apparently, the only reason Halsin is a companion is that during early access people really really wanted to feck him.

Make of that information what you will.

I'm quite early on, got through the blighted town and now I'm getting my arse kicked after saving some woman from a burning house... I think I might have gone the wrong way. Any guidance?

Apparently, the only reason Halsin is a companion is that during early access people really really wanted to feck him.

Make of that information what you will.

Is Halsin only a camp companion? I thought once I got him I could add him to my party so he can turn into a rat and go into the small openings I keep finding. But I don't see an option to invite him to join my adventures.

Is Halsin only a camp companion? I thought once I got him I could add him to my party so he can turn into a rat and go into the small openings I keep finding. But I don't see an option to invite him to join my adventures.
You have to advance his quest first. After a while he becomes available.

I hate when in games you have a big fight and then the bodies disappear. Takes away from the realism for me so it’s cool in this to go back to the temple and see everything still how I left it. Every time I’m there I see Lump dead next to the Guard Gurgon he saved me from.

Minthara slaps, can recommend. I just took Lae'zel out of party to make room for Minthara, and i think the first fight with her was easier than the previous fights.
She doesn't wait for 3rd date either.

Corrupted save so had to go back to an earlier save on the starting ship. Admittedly I only made it to the beach at the start and some camp stuff but still annoying and doesn't bode well for future saves.

Felt a bit stupid trying to fight the big demon on the ship before realising "Just run away." Also playing on PS5 so don't have the QoL features of PC.

But I can see myself getting into the tactical battles. Even the brain bugs on the starting beach, it was fun setting up attacks and buffing etc.

Corrupted save so had to go back to an earlier save on the starting ship. Admittedly I only made it to the beach at the start and some camp stuff but still annoying and doesn't bode well for future saves.

Felt a bit stupid trying to fight the big demon on the ship before realising "Just run away." Also playing on PS5 so don't have the QoL features of PC.

But I can see myself getting into the tactical battles. Even the brain bugs on the starting beach, it was fun setting up attacks and buffing etc.
May be relevant to your issue:

Started to find shadowheart utterly useless so I have changed her to be a paladin. Seems quite an advanced step for me seeing as how I barely understand what's going on half the time.

Started to find shadowheart utterly useless so I have changed her to be a paladin. Seems quite an advanced step for me seeing as how I barely understand what's going on half the time.

Yeah I don't even know how to do that.

You can unlock
a Skelton dude by going into the very first crypt you find. He will be at your camp and allow you to respec any character for 100 gold.

You can unlock
a Skelton dude by going into the very first crypt you find. He will be at your camp and allow you to respec any character for 100 gold.

Ah fair yeah I have him. Don't really speak to him much.

Cleric shadowheart is insane, would be a shame to get her playing another class. Granted its not a flashy class and its damage output is fairly low, but utility wise its unmatched. Besides the high healing output, spells like Bane, Bless and Hold Person are very useful. If you want to multiclass I'd go down the Trickery Cleric/Rogue route, where she adds abit more damage but keeps her healing capabilities. She's also busted in Act 2 because of all the undead you're fighting.

I've swapped out pretty much every class member at some point, but Shart has been my constant. Never leave home without her.

You can unlock

Unlocking is unmissable

I ventured too far and wound up spawning him in my camp before I actually met him. He wasn't in his tomb when I went there afterwards.

There’s a weapon you can unlock late in chapter one that turns a cleric from an ok class to probably the best class in the game and indispensable to your party from act 2 on. It’s worth sticking with Shadowheart.

There’s a weapon you can unlock late in chapter one that turns a cleric from an ok class to probably the best class in the game and indispensable to your party from act 2 on. It’s worth sticking with Shadowheart.
Blood of Lathander?

Enjoying Shart as a nickname :lol:

I'm currently in the Underdark with Shart, La'zael and Wyll. I upgraded La'zael's athletics and her jump is insanely helpful in fights now. I also slept on Wyll and only brought him along because the Towers we're going to involve him storyline-wise, but Eldrich Blast is lethal.

Enjoying Shart as a nickname :lol:

I'm currently in the Underdark with Shart, La'zael and Wyll. I upgraded La'zael's athletics and her jump is insanely helpful in fights now. I also slept on Wyll and only brought him along because the Towers we're going to involve him storyline-wise, but Eldrich Blast is lethal.

Didn't you say on last page that you didn't use Lae'zel?
When i said her story in the mountain pass is quite cool.
Mountain pass is much, much shorter than Underdark, so might be worth checking it out, or do that with her on next playthrough, if you plan to do more than one.

Didn't you say on last page that you didn't use Lae'zel?
When i said her story in the mountain pass is quite cool.
Mountain pass is much, much shorter than Underdark, so might be worth checking it out, or do that with her on next playthrough, if you plan to do more than one.

Yeah I switched Karlach out for her because I was headed towards the Creche (before realising it takes you through the mountain pass). I'd already decided to go Underdark way but will definitely do Mountain Pass the second playthrough.

I would never skip Mountain Pass. The story, the exp, Blood of Lathander one of the best weapons in the game. You can always do Underdark and then go Mountain Pass to have everything covered before Act 2.
And whoever says Shadowheart is weak/useless, try this game on tactician difficulty where right klick attack spam isn't enough anymore. Full cleric is an extremly strong support class, with Blood of Lathander even overpowered in Ac2. If she is used the right way, she
increases the quality of life in tactician mode immensely.

Yeah I switched Karlach out for her because I was headed towards the Creche (before realising it takes you through the mountain pass). I'd already decided to go Underdark way but will definitely do Mountain Pass the second playthrough.

You can do both in the same playthrough. Finish the Underdark but don't progress to Act 2. Then go back and do the Mountain Pass, which is sort of like an act 1.5.

You can do both in the same playthrough. Finish the Underdark but don't progress to Act 2. Then go back and do the Mountain Pass, which is sort of like an act 1.5.

Ah fair enough. Maybe will do that then.

Darkfyre, the Drow/High-Elf edgelord extraordinaire with big boobies and an even bigger knob, is in Faerun to cleanse the lands of Act One.

Things started off like any other day for Darkfyre. A worm in his brain from a long night of crashing Nautiloids, and trying to steal a fancy flashy box thingy from some daft religious bitch. After assembling an entire army of morons, their first stop was to help a group of bear shaggers and refugees. Darkfyre, who votes Tory just to annoy people, discovered a refugee woman on top of a hill beside a telescope about to be killed by an assassin, so he saved her life without question. Darkfyre also fingered his flute with a cute refugee bard and kicked a racist squirrel. These experiences made Darkfyre start to think about the accuracy of all those immigration articles he had read in The Scaly Mail.

Darkfyre made many friends in that camp, including a guy who could potentially heal Karlach's broken heart. Darkfyre decided the best idea would be to get rid of the broken heart, and instead break something else inside Karlach - ideally, his willy.

But, alas, Darkfyre is a massive whore. So when he met a blonde drow woman who promised him some rumpy pumpy, he commited mass genocide against the immigrants and Guardian readers who pray to owls. Unfortunately, this made Karlach sad so she fecked off. Wyll also left but nobody really gave a shit about him. There's only room for one person with a cool fake eye in this party.

Several other instances of mass murder would occur in the following days, including against an entire family of underground spore people when Darkfyre had the audacity to look at a mushroom for two seconds. During the slaughter, members of some arty farty research guild did what they do best; feck all except stand there and watch others get shit done.

Yeah I don't even know how to do that.
When they level up you can press X/Square to multiclass. Has to be on medium or hard difficulty at the time for some reason.

I've cheated a little and installed a mod that let's you go up to Level 20, so I had a Lvl 3 Bard, Lvl 5 Fighter and Lvl 12 Sorcerer for my first playthrough. The dude became nearly unstoppable towards the end.

So i have been in the grymfire forge(?) making my way along and shadowheart as a paladin is really good. Pleased I made the swap.

I've finished it.

There were things I didn't like. Inventory management was a pain throughout; getting items from people who weren't in your party was just needlessly tedious. There was at least one quest-breaking bug, and the occasional immersion-breaking dialogue silliness - for example, my companions kept insisting how dangerous it would be to face Orin when she had been long dead at that point... And as mentioned before, I'm not a fan of how easy it is to romance your companions. Really, you have to actively turn them down. It's too much.

But overall.... man, what a fecking game. They knocked it out of the park. I had serious doubts when early access started but they improved on literally everything that I didn't like in Original Sin and actually managed to recapture the atmosphere and feeling of the originals at some points. There was just enough nostalgia-baiting fanservice to make me happy without being an unoriginal cringefest. Insane amount of content, and none of this procedurally generated fetch quest nonsense. Just brilliant from start to finish.

I decided to free Orpheus and the Emperor - who is fecking Balduran, a twist I did not see coming - joined the brain in a fit of pique. In the final fight I'm sure he was ready to unleash devastating attacks after gloating about knowing all my weaknesses but unfortunately Chain Lightning + Lae'zel destroyed him in the first turn. Oops.

The companion endings were a little unsatisfying overall and I somehow ended up in hell with Karlach, and I don't even know what happens to my lesbian life partner Shart. That's a shame.