Gaming Baldur's Gate III by Larian Studios (PS5, PC, Mac, Xbox Series X|S)

Here’s a bit of fun:

Would have been funnier without the censoring. I've never understood the american fear of the word feck. But damn, Lae'zel's voice actor is fecking hot and is it Shadowheart's actress natural voice or does she play the role for the video? Lae'zel's actress has a different natural voice.

Would have been funnier without the censoring. I've never understood the american fear of the word feck. But damn, Lae'zel's voice actor is fecking hot and is it Shadowheart's actress natural voice or does she play the role for the video? Lae'zel's actress has a different natural voice.
This forum's autocorrect would suggest it's not just an American fear :)

Finished my first playthrough a couple of nights ago (after putting my original one on pause in act 3 due to bugs for about a month). What a journey.

Decided to embark on a Dark Urge run, only a few hours in but I feel like I may have inadvertently missed a few of the Dark Urge interactions, which is frustrating.

Here’s a bit of fun:

While on the subject, this game is a little too horny. Literally every single companion wants to feck me and it requires basically zero effort on my part. They just zero in on the target, even if I barely talked to them before.

I imagine this is what it's like to be a pretty girl.

Act 2, Dark Urge playthrough spoilers:

Just finished the battle when the winged fella interrupts your conversation with the cleric lady who can help you get to Moonrise. Managed to win the battle and save the cleric. Tough fight, feeling very contented with myself. I go to rest in camp because I'm on my last legs, that goblin butler shows up only to tell me I need to kill the cleric lady I just saved. :lol:

Act 2, Dark Urge playthrough spoilers:

Just finished the battle when the winged fella interrupts your conversation with the cleric lady who can help you get to Moonrise. Managed to win the battle and save the cleric. Tough fight, feeling very contented with myself. I go to rest in camp because I'm on my last legs, that goblin butler shows up only to tell me I need to kill the cleric lady I just saved. :lol:
its such a good opportunity to kill her too. If you were on your last legs it probably wouldn't have ended well though. After killing her the entire camp except jaheira turns hostile.

About to go and fight the final boss so I went ahead and prepped my next character for the next game. A Fiend following high elf called Darkstar, with purple/green eyes, ear and eyebrow piercings and a neck tattoo, who will do nothing but evil things because she's edgelord as feck.

Planning to multiclass as a dragonic wizard and get some mean bronze scales on her face. Then I'm going to do everything I can to double dildo with Karlach and, decisions pending, feck Wyll's devil.

And, yes, that's exactly what I told my wife I am planning to do when she asked. Somehow I'm still in the house.

About to go and fight the final boss so I went ahead and prepped my next character for the next game. A Fiend following high elf called Darkstar, with purple/green eyes, ear and eyebrow piercings and a neck tattoo, who will do nothing but evil things because she's edgelord as feck.

Planning to multiclass as a dragonic wizard and get some mean bronze scales on her face. Then I'm going to do everything I can to double dildo with Karlach and, decisions pending, feck Wyll's devil.

And, yes, that's exactly what I told my wife I am planning to do when she asked. Somehow I'm still in the house.

:lol:

Dark Urge?

Don't think you can keep Karlach sweet on an evil playthrough, or if you can even keep her.

Swap her for Minthara and your double dildoing fantasies can well and truly be kept alive.

Dark Urge?

Not sure yet...
Don't think you can keep Karlach sweet on an evil playthrough, or if you can even keep her.

Swap her for Minthara and your double dildoing fantasies can well and truly be kept alive.
Hmm.... I'll try and keep a balance to ensure Karlach double dildoing commences.

In a game with some amazing music, the theme when you go face to face with the literal devil is fecking amazing

In a game with some amazing music, the theme when you go face to face with the literal devil is fecking amazing

The full-on Broadway musical song and dance number kicking in while you square off with the devil in hell might be the absolute highlight of the whole game among some stiff competition. Absolutely top notch. :lol:

The full-on Broadway musical song and dance number kicking in while you square off with the devil in hell might be the absolute highlight of the whole game among some stiff competition. Absolutely top notch. :lol:
Aye, it surprised me yet made complete sense given the circumstances :lol:

I didn't really get the Act 3 criticism. Theres a lot of great pay offs along the way. Mind you i didn't hit it for a couple of patches and have been dipping in and out for a couple of week now while leveling other characters.

I didn't really get the Act 3 criticism. Theres a lot of great pay offs along the way. Mind you i didn't hit it for a couple of patches and have been dipping in and out for a couple of week now while leveling other characters.
Yeah the criticism was overblown. It was great exploring the city itself, wrapping up companion stories, concluding the long chained quests, and of course the finale. I had a blast in Act 3 personally.

I think the main criticisms stemmed from performance issues (which have since been patched) and complaints of the act being 'disjointed', but I personally liked the open nature of it and tackling whatever loose end I wanted to in whichever order I fancied.

It’s fantastic for me so far. It does sound like they’ve fixed a lot of the biggest issues.

Got this last night and played an hour or so; I'll get proper stuck in over the weekend.

Completed. The endings are a little janky but nothing that won't probably be fixed in a couple of patches. Time to play as my new edgelord elf character and be a cnut to everyone...

what a fecking game. Reflecting back on it I am amazed by the way it hit. From the story to the immersion to the music to just everything. Special shout out to the music. I mean… holy feck.

Did not expect to run into Sarevok, of all people. Clearly, his BG2 alignment change is not canon...

It was one hell of a fight, too. Thankfully Cloudkill cleared out half the room in the first round and Hold Person worked very well on the big lad.

Combat tips anyone? Finding it far too difficult.

Position your players well. Don't group them all together, try to get your ranged attackers to higher ground. Utilise jump if you are out of movement.

Use certain things to gain advantage on enemies like surprising (at the start of battle), dazing them, chucking grease to make them prone, etc... It can greatly increase hit chance and damage.

Also pay attention to the turn order. If you've got two goblins on low health near by and one is having their turn next, followed by one of your team, you should get that one first and use your team mate to get the second one. If you went for the second one first, the first goblin would then take its turn and cause you damage.

I still struggle with some bits myself so still learning.

I’m really enjoying tactical. So far I’ve only been wiped out twice and one was a fault of a junky working cut scene. The Grym fight was brutal, he has 450 hp! Can’t wait for the end game bosses.

Make sure you've a good party composition first of all. Ideally you want a healer/buffer (Shadowheart or any druid/bard), a strong melee tank/damage dealer (Laezal, Karlach), a strong ranged damage dealer (Astarian or a rogue/ranger) and a good spellcaster for AOE and crowd control (Gale or a bard).

A lot of it then is about positioning. De-group your characters and move the ones that aren't doing the talking into high ground areas and spread them around to max their damage output, before the fight starts.

Oh and act 1 was by far the hardest for me, end of act 1 onwards gets a lot easier as you figure the game out more and your party gets stronger, so stick with it and keep learning.

What level were people when starting Act II? I'm only level 5 and feel like I've missed something in Act I even though I'm pretty sure the map is fully cleared.

Examine your opponents when the fight starts. You can see what type of attacks they are vulnerable or have strong resistance to.

What level were people when starting Act II? I'm only level 5 and feel like I've missed something in Act I even though I'm pretty sure the map is fully cleared.
5 or 6 is about right. Did you do both the under dark and mountain pass and the crèche? You don’t have to pick one over the other

5 or 6 is about right. Did you do both the under dark and mountain pass and the crèche? You don’t have to pick one over the other

:) That's what it is. I didn't realise that mountain pass/underdark were basically two seperate maps. When you enter mountain pass it says it is Act II but I'm assuming that there is an 'Act II' map after Underdark and Mountain Pass?

:) That's what it is. I didn't realise that mountain pass/underdark were basically two seperate maps. When you enter mountain pass it says it is Act II but I'm assuming that there is an 'Act II' map after Underdark and Mountain Pass?
Did you take a ship from the Underdark?

As long as you're in Act 2, you can still go back and finish all those areas.

Yeah.

I'm not sure if all NPCs and quests are going to be available in the Underdark if you try to get back. I've never tried it but from what I've read, a lot of them won't be (and it makes sense since some of these NPCs and quests will already appear in the Act II in a later stage of their development).

If you can get back, do try it out though. The Forge is especially good.

Yeah.

I'm not sure if all NPCs and quests are going to be available in the Underdark if you try to get back. I've never tried it but from what I've read, a lot of them won't be (and it makes sense since some of these NPCs and quests will already appear in the Act II in a later stage of their development).

If you can get back, do try it out though. The Forge is especially good.
Did you take a ship from the Underdark?

As long as you're in Act 2, you can still go back and finish all those areas.
Nope. I'm really taking it slow as have been busy In the real world :(

I have read you can do both though, it's best to do underdark, go back and do mountain pass bits and then come back and do underdark bits so will do that!

Orin was a lot easier than I expected.

My sophisticated strategy of throwing Lae'zel at enemies to repeatedly hit them really hard continues to reap dividends.

Theres some relatively high level enemies in Act 1, its worth checking what kind of level you're up against. The goblin camp is probably one of the lower level areas in act 1 which might not be expected. It gets much, much easier at higher levels. Use the environment, its op.
Spam quicksave all the time.

My sophisticated strategy of throwing Lae'zel at enemies to repeatedly hit them really hard continues to reap dividends.
Because this is BG3 can you clarify if you are literally throwing her or not? :)

Lae'zel's ability to attack 4 or 5 times in a turn without speed potions makes her a monster

Killed her first time easier, and yeah, surprisingly easy, along with most of act 3 so far to be honest. Can’t remember a particularly hard fight in it. Melee characters are OP in this. I just kept walloping her with an enraged Karlach while my other 3 took out her cronies.

Started my 3rd playthough yesterday.
After playing sorcerer first, then monk, i went with bard this time, and i must say, it feels very underwhelming.
Planning to go full support with him, have Minthara, Gale and Astarion in the party, and not change to easiest difficulty when things get tough.
Hope bard gets stronger, according to the class rankings i found, many have bard in S tier, so hope they're right.