Arsenal vs Manchester United (Sun 28th July, 01:00 UK time)

Ha, yeah but Mainoo cannot play every game of four competitions we are in. And we should not have players in the squad who are clearly not good enough

Are McTominay etc not good enough for Europa league and league cup.

Rashford is not good enough to shine Martinelli's shoes. Sad but a fact

2-1 Arsenal, awful half from us and some awful performances from a few senior players who shouldn't be at the club.

What is Oyedele doing ? Martinelli is 1 on 1 with Scanlon - and he does nothing to help him

INEOS get the damn cheque book out.

We need to build a way of playing first. We can't just throw money at everything and expect it to work.

There's no style of play, which should be apparent from the first team all the way down to the youth team.

Is it that fecking hard to make a player go down the goal line instead of inside? How fecking stupid are defenders ffs.

That Right back for us not ready, doesnt even look like a right back.
Same for Wheatley, all need to remain in the u-23s, not ready for men football

17 year old attacking midfielder left alone against the best dribbler in the league far too much. Disappointing with Fish there.

Such a poor defending, he knocked the ball so far into the box and no one intercepted it, extremely poor by Fish and the rest.

Is it that fecking hard to make a player go down the goal line instead of inside? How fecking stupid are defenders ffs.
Duh. Chill out. Scanlon is not a defender. I don't think he ever played at RB for the u-18s. He needs more help from his midfielders and Antony as he's left 1v1 against a very experienced PL winger in Martinelli.

Agree. Not the football I want to watch tbh.

It's a limited ceiling unless you've got loads of world class players capable of individual brilliance and that's not realistic either.

Hopefully with a settled XI, we see improvements during the season, but I doubt it.

He's not a fullback. Playing out of position as cover

I know that but I just can't wrap my head around it. Professional football players getting their body all square and allowing a dangerous player going inside. Just show them the runway down to the goal line and deal with them there.

2-1 Arsenal, awful half from us and some awful performances from a few senior players who shouldn't be at the club.

We played well for 15 minutes and that was it. It's very similar to what we saw last season.

Obviously, it's only pre season and we're missing a few players, but as I said before, it would be nice to see a style or play that is made apparent even when we haven't got our full first team.

Really pointless friendly this. Mostly players who aren’t going to get anywhere near the first team squad this season, thousands of miles away, on an amateur level pitch that has already knackered two of our most important players.

Waste of time other than for commercial interests.

I mean what are we going to learn from watching Martinelli run at an out of position scanlon, and Fish?