Arsenal - 2024/25

It's seems that all the good luck they had last year with not having injuries to the main players at all, has turned into bad luck this year, and they are getting injury after injury.

Feel sorry for them. They did everything right, grew as a team together, improved season on season, peaked at the right time, had an amazing season, and…nothing.

Cheat team wins again. You can hardly lose a game. No wonder they went ultra pragmatic this season. It won’t be long before fans become disillusioned with the PL.

Maybe they will finally change something when TV rights start to take a hit.

Ciry dropped 23 points last season... that is equivalent to losing 7 games.

Cheats or not.. on the pitch they aren't cheating, so if you want to be known as the best team, you go to the home of champions and try to win.. Arteta didnt try that last season.

In respects to disillusioned, how? the top 4 race includes 5/6 teams, with more teams being able to compete. I guess you are disillusioned with the CL then? considering how many Real Madrid win?

Cheats or not.. on the pitch they aren't cheating, so if you want to be known as the best team, you go to the home of champions and try to win.. Arteta didnt try that last season.

In respects to disillusioned, how? the top 4 race includes 5/6 teams, with more teams being able to compete. I guess you are disillusioned with the CL then? considering how many Real Madrid win?
Arsenal took four points off City last season, we had the better head-to-head record.

You're known as the best team if you have the most points after 38 games. We didn't, so we aren't - City are. Your arbitrary rule about about going to home of the champions and trying to win (something we did - but leave that aside for now) has precisely nothing to do with it.

United ended up on the wrong side of VAR not interfering when Bruno was shown a red card that was rescinded 24 hours later. It was the right decision in the end for Saliba's red card, and that's what we want from the referees. I don't care how they get to it, it was the correct decision at the end of the day.
Agreed and the other one wrong so what's the point in VAR..

It doesn’t even make sense what you are arguing. The cheating doesn’t have a bearing on what happens on the pitch? Ridiculous notion.

Arsenal took four points off City last season, we had the better head-to-head record.

You're known as the best team if you have the most points after 38 games. We didn't, so we aren't - City are. Your arbitrary rule about about going to home of the champions and trying to win (something we did - but leave that aside for now) has precisely nothing to do with it.

Arsenal seem to be the only team that's judged by mostly by have you gone to title rivals to try and win? I mean Pep has rarely gone to Anfield and won in the league, Klopp never managed to do so at City in the league, but never mind apparently they at least tried and Arsenal didn't so that's all that matters.

Never mind Arsenal had a similar if not more xG than Liverpool at Etihad last season depending on what site you use. In fact rumour is that Arteta told Trossard to fluff that late opportunity because he didn't actually want to win the game.

Arsenal seem to be the only team that's judged by mostly by have you gone to title rivals to try and win? I mean Pep has rarely gone to Anfield and won in the league, Klopp never managed to do so at City in the league, but never mind apparently they at least tried and Arsenal didn't so that's all that matters.

Never mind Arsenal had a similar if not more xG than Liverpool at Etihad last season depending on what site you use. In fact rumour is that Arteta told Trossard to fluff that late opportunity because he didn't actually want to win the game.
It’s a frankly bizarre argument. City took a single point from Arsenal last season, judging from this thread they should be expected to hand their PL medals back as a result.

From rough memory I'm fairly sure that the team that wins the title more often than not collects the most points in a mini table between the other top 4 sides. Think last year for example it was the 0/6 against Villa that shafted you there.

From rough memory I'm fairly sure that the team that wins the title more often than not collects the most points in a mini table between the other top 4 sides. Think last year for example it was the 0/6 against Villa that shafted you there.
I kinda both agree and disagree with you, there. It was the 0/6 points that shafted us, but that would be equally true if Villa had finished 5th.

And in the mini-league of the Top 3, who were the only genuine title challengers last season, Arsenal collected the most points. But once again, that means nothing because we came second in the actual league.