Arsenal - 2024/25

Must be nice to be Pool and get all the decisions go your way.

We need to play a little smarter. These red cards have murdered us.

They've still gone to City and Spurs and got 4 points. It's still early days. Tricky run they have coming up though with Liverpool home and then back to back aways at Newcastle and Chelsea. Only 4 points from that trio last season so need to be getting 6-7 to compensate for yesterday's loss.

What wins Man. City titles is being pretty much faultless from February onwards in seasons and winning every single game they need to. However they always drop plenty of points in first halves of seasons. Last year they actually dropped 17 league points by mid December but then only 6 from Xmas.

And you are spot on - but you know it wont happen even if you are right

I will always point out that Jorginho is best central midfield for Arsenal. If we take out Odeegard out from this discussion. Partey could have been something but to many injuries. Merino and Rice are not good enough.
Merino and Rice are not Cams. We should be playing Jorginho more I agree. Or atleast try Nwaneri.

Glad that lost can quieten there fans a little. Laughing at us yet we’ve won more in the last 10 years than both them and spurs. Gonna be our worse nightmare a city/liverpool rivalry
You've won 2 FA Cups, 2 Carabao, 1 Europa league.
In comparison we have won 4 FA cups.

Not exactly an earth shattering difference, considering the team for us uptil 2021 was the worst team we have ever had in our life and we middling 6th-8th for most of the time. And we were proof domestic trophies weren't really a barometer for any progress hence I never really celebrated them with vigour or cared about the glamour of Carabao wins, if you do then fair play.

We have dropped points in games where we were 10 men, which isn't surprising at all. Not sure what you mean by quietning down, you can scan this thread, not a single Arsenal fan expected to romp to the title. All of us knew we face the biggest cheating cartel in history for competition to do it and while we weren't far off it'd be difficult.

Like I said before, we have cover for every position except Saka and Odegaard. We can still survive without one, but not without both.

None of the above is a really controversial take and I am sure you'll agree with most of it.

You've won 2 FA Cups, 2 Carabao, 1 Europa league.
In comparison we have won 4 FA cups.

Not exactly an earth shattering difference, considering the team for us uptil 2021 was the worst team we have ever had in our life and we middling 6th-8th for most of the time. And we were proof domestic trophies weren't really a barometer for any progress hence I never really celebrated them with vigour or cared about the glamour of Carabao wins, if you do then fair play.

We have dropped points in games where we were 10 men, which isn't surprising at all. Not sure what you mean by quietning down, you can scan this thread, not a single Arsenal fan expected to romp to the title. All of us knew we face the biggest cheating cartel in history for competition to do it and while we weren't far off it'd be difficult.

Like I said before, we have cover for every position except Saka and Odegaard. We can still survive without one, but not without both.

None of the above is a really controversial take and I am sure you'll agree with most of it.
True. Hard to compete with cheats like them. I’m referring to a few of your fans I’ve seen post things on like twitter etc. we’ve been a shambles since 2013 on wards and yet we’ve still picked up trophies. Like I’ve said before. Our trophies in the last 10 years would be most teams golden generation. Looking like Liverpool will go head to head with city but it’s quite hard to compete with city to be fair. Everything goes their way one way or another.

I thought it was sufficient for a yellow. VAR poke there nose in then it's a Red. I don't like that part of VAR, it's subjective from the VAR guy realy than the ref, different ref could have given a Red straight away, would VAR ref then change it to yellow if he thought it was wrong.

Hate VAR

True. Hard to compete with cheats like them. I’m referring to a few of your fans I’ve seen post things on like twitter etc. we’ve been a shambles since 2013 on wards and yet we’ve still picked up trophies. Like I’ve said before. Our trophies in the last 10 years would be most teams golden generation. Looking like Liverpool will go head to head with city but it’s quite hard to compete with city to be fair. Everything goes their way one way or another.
I do agree with fans being arrogant but that's Twitter for you unfortunately.

Truth is City have gutted any fairness in the league. Even if it's a bitter rival you can always respect them and say fair enough but their entire success is built on fake numbers generating illegal money for their team.

I'd love them to be docked points this season but not holding my breath.

I thought it was sufficient for a yellow. VAR poke there nose in then it's a Red. I don't like that part of VAR, it's subjective from the VAR guy realy than the ref, different ref could have given a Red straight away, would VAR ref then change it to yellow if he thought it was wrong.

Hate VAR

United ended up on the wrong side of VAR not interfering when Bruno was shown a red card that was rescinded 24 hours later. It was the right decision in the end for Saliba's red card, and that's what we want from the referees. I don't care how they get to it, it was the correct decision at the end of the day.

I have no objection to the red. Pretty all round stupid play. Concentration levels are not quite there at the moment and losing Saliba for the next one is a bit of a blow on its own.

Goes to show how tough this league can be when you get some injuries - they did well last season to keep their main men fit for the most part. They don't have anywhere the depth that the likes of Liverpool do in attack.

Worrying for them in the discipline stakes too. Would much rather they were the challenge to city than Liverpool.

Goes to show how tough this league can be when you get some injuries - they did well last season to keep their main men fit for the most part. They don't have anywhere the depth that the likes of Liverpool do in attack.

Worrying for them in the discipline stakes too. Would much rather they were the challenge to city than Liverpool.
That's why i always had us as third this year. Too many understimate the crazy luck we had last year being able to field our best team in so many games. There was no way we get this lucky two years in a row.
Arteta has done a good job doubling tripling numbers in defense but with all that money we are still a bit light in midfield and upfront.

That's why i always had us as third this year. Too many understimate the crazy luck we had last year being able to field our best team in so many games. There was no way we get this lucky two years in a row.
Arteta has done a good job doubling tripling numbers in defense but with all that money we are still a bit light in midfield and upfront.
That's wild. Expecting to finish third after playing the best football in the league over the last 2 seasons ?

That's wild. Expecting to finish third after playing the best football in the league over the last 2 seasons ?
After having won nothing, it was always going to be difficult to put in another proper title challenge for a third year in a row.

If I remember correctly, not even Klopp's Liverpool could pull off three title challenges in a row against City.

I'm guessing he was underwhelmed with what Arsenal did in the transfer market to improve the attacking areas. Think many were feeling if your letting all of Smith-Rowe, Nelson, Nketiah and Vieira leave to make room, bringing in just Sterling is a bit of an anti climax, unless a 17 year old Nwaneri steps up and makes a real name for himself.

I'm guessing he was underwhelmed with what Arsenal did in the transfer market to improve the attacking areas. Think many were feeling if your letting all of Smith-Rowe, Nelson, Nketiah and Vieira leave to make room, bringing in just Sterling is a bit of an anti climax, unless a 17 year old Nwaneri steps up and makes a real name for himself.
Arteta and England ran Saka to the ground for 2 years straight and we've never seen a whif of adequate cover coming in. I wasn't very happy by Sterling and his few appearances haven't done much to convince me. It's also worrying how Jesus has completely disappeared and when he comes on he's still doing the same "flick, flick, feint, lose the ball", complain to the ref. I hope we can sell him in the summer but he's not helping his case. We'll need to get at least 1 attacking player in January.

Arteta and England ran Saka to the ground for 2 years straight and we've never seen a whif of adequate cover coming in. I wasn't very happy by Sterling and his few appearances haven't done much to convince me. It's also worrying how Jesus has completely disappeared and when he comes on he's still doing the same "flick, flick, feint, lose the ball", complain to the ref. I hope we can sell him in the summer but he's not helping his case. We'll need to get at least 1 attacking player in January.
Personally I think you're underrating your team a bit. You haven't clicked yet and you aren't the only team in the league that hasn't really hit form yet. Considering you've had 3 red cards in games, the Odegaard injury and you're only 3 points behind the leaders should be a positive.

You do need to hit form soon though or it will be too late.

Coman was available in the summer. Don't know why Arsenal wasn't in for him.
He would have been a nice addition to their squad.

It's also worrying how Jesus has completely disappeared and when he comes on he's still doing the same "flick, flick, feint, lose the ball", complain to the ref.
This guy has been massively overhyped in recent years. I remember Neville being a massive fan of him too, when all he's ever been is a decent/good level player.

I agree, and just in case it wasn't obvious, I was projecting my feelings mostly.

You always have hope coming into a season, and I still think we should finish top 2, but I just don't think we added enough attack wise to make me more confident we'd overtake City this season.

We obviously went for Sesko and were heavily into Nico Williams as well, but got neither. In a way, if we have decided Sesko is the 1 we want and feel we've done the ground work on a future deal then I can understand us waiting, if not it's more puzzling. Nico Williams was always a long shot though with Barca hovering, I'm surprised we didn't go for someone else other than Sterling long term.

In terms of the squad / team make up, I like the fact we've added a lot of power to the team, but it almost feels as if we've overcompensated in that, and I think we could do with another technical player in midfield as well to redress the balance there, quite possibly that's earmarked for Nwaneri but it is frustrating to wait even if it seems right long term.

I find it quite interesting when club fans do this. When England were not picking Saka in the 1st 11, look no further than the WC, where Foden and Sterling were playing, alot of Arsenal fans were moaning that Saka doesn't start for England... then when he does, they moan that he is overplayed.

I find it quite interesting when club fans do this. When England were not picking Saka in the 1st 11, look no further than the WC, where Foden and Sterling were playing, alot of Arsenal fans were moaning that Saka doesn't start for England... then when he does, they moan that he is overplayed.

Remember, fan bases don't have a collective opinion. Being Scottish, I don't really care that much if Saka is a nailed on starter for England, I'm only worried how it affects the player and the club.

Also, there's a difference between wanting him selected when it comes to the big tournaments, to wanting him selected in every Nation League games like him and Rice seem to be.

We've already had Odegaard, Saka and Martinelli pick up injuries on international duty, and we are only a couple of months into the season.

As the OP said as well, Arteta isn't blameless either, far from it.

Remember, fan bases don't have a collective opinion. Being Scottish, I don't really care that much if Saka is a nailed on starter for England, I'm only worried how it affects the player and the club.

Also, there's a difference between wanting him selected when it comes to the big tournaments, to wanting him selected in every Nation League games like him and Rice seem to be.

We've already had Odegaard, Saka and Martinelli pick up injuries on international duty, and we are only a couple of months into the season.

As the OP said as well, Arteta isn't blameless either, far from it.

I do get that but you cannot expect a player just to play big tournaments? I agree with the Rice one, I am not sure why he has to start every game..

Arteta once he has settled on a team, he tends to stick with that team, he will rotate Martinelli, RB, LB but hardly see the CB's, CDM's, Saka Odegard rotated. I do get it though, you want your best team playing in most games.

This guy has been massively overhyped in recent years. I remember Neville being a massive fan of him too, when all he's ever been is a decent/good level player.
I think it’s less that he’s been overrated and more that he’s actually become a lot worse as a footballer. His feints used to ghost past defenders and his flicks use to be assists. Since his major layoff, he hasn’t really been the same player. It’s possible he may never be again.

Knee injuries are significant for any player, but for a forward whose greatest strength is his agility under pressure, it may very be devastating. It’s very sad for him and Arsenal.

Can imagine there are quite a few players in that dressing room who feel like arteta doesn’t rate them. He’s got his core group, and I doubt the ones on the sidelines are happy there just now.

Tomiyasu, zinchenko, Jesus, kiwior, jorginho, Sterling.

You are probably right, but there's reasons for most of them. Tomiyasu can't stay fit, Zinchenko not much better, Jesus struggling for form after fitness issues, Kiwior is just down the pecking order, Jorginho role is just as a senior squad player, and Sterling is a bit of a stop gap loanee.

Tomiyasu, zinchenko, Jesus, kiwior, jorginho, Sterling.
First 2 are always injured. Jesus is very poor. Kiwior was going to be sold. The last 2 knew they weren't first team members, as one has only signed a year extension and is now 33. The second one is on a last minute loan.

First 2 are always injured. Jesus is very poor. Kiwior was going to be sold. The last 2 knew they weren't first team members, as one has only signed a year extension and is now 33. The second one is on a last minute loan.
Yeah but these players pretty much constitute the squad depth. That's my point, none of them happy for various reasons.

All their fans ringing TalkShit crying over injuries saying they've got no chance of beating Liverpool or winning the league.

Cry more dickeahds, love to see it.

Yeah but these players pretty much constitute the squad depth. That's my point, none of them happy for various reasons.

I'm not really getting your point, most players not playing every week aren't happy, They were first choice players, lost their automatic spot for either better, or more reliable players, and will most likely leave over the next season or 2, it's part of squad building and the annual churn.

Last edited:
I'm not really getting your point, most players not playing every week aren't happy, They were first choice players, lost their automatic spot for either better, or more reliable players, and will most likely leave over the next season or 2, it's part of squad building and the annual churn.
Arteta is always receiving praise for the togetherness he's built. Personally I think that togetherness exists within their strongest first XI and that's it

Saka's 100% starting on Sunday. Arteta isn't fooling me.

"Understand Bukayo Saka is expected to be available for the upcoming match against Liverpool, having trained, pending any last-minute changes or niggles, meanwhile Riccardo Calafiori is set to undergo a crucial scan scheduled for today."

"Understand Bukayo Saka is expected to be available for the upcoming match against Liverpool, having trained, pending any last-minute changes or niggles, meanwhile Riccardo Calafiori is set to undergo a crucial scan scheduled for today."

That Calafiori one didn't look good. Timber last year and Calafiori this both out to long term injuries like that is horrendous bad luck if that's the case.

Feel sorry for them. They did everything right, grew as a team together, improved season on season, peaked at the right time, had an amazing season, and…nothing.

Cheat team wins again. You can hardly lose a game. No wonder they went ultra pragmatic this season. It won’t be long before fans become disillusioned with the PL.

Maybe they will finally change something when TV rights start to take a hit.

Feel sorry for them. They did everything right, grew as a team together, improved season on season, peaked at the right time, had an amazing season, and…nothing.

Cheat team wins again. You can hardly lose a game. No wonder they went ultra pragmatic this season. It won’t be long before fans become disillusioned with the PL.

Maybe they will finally change something when TV rights start to take a hit.

I already am, it's boring.