Arsenal - 2024/25

Partey Should start every game. Easily the best number 6 in the league now that Rodri is injured. Rice Does not have the technical requirements to play there, at least not in competitive games, that was proven last season.
Nah, he makes at least one dumb mistake in every game and is usually bailed out by one of his teammates.

He's good on the ball but I don't trust him defensively in the big games. Merino and Rice will be our first choice midfield.

He's also a rapist so the sooner he's out of our team, the better.

Nah, he makes at least one dumb mistake in every game and is usually bailed out by one of his teammates.

He's good on the ball but I don't trust him defensively in the big games. Merino and Rice will be our first choice midfield.

He's also a rapist so the sooner he's out of our team, the better.
Almost all players make dumb mistakes every game. There's a reason Arteta does not play Rice at 6 anymore (almost never in 2024), because we tried him in the first half of 23/24 and he failed there miserably. Partey is prone to some errors because he is statistically one of the best progressive passers in the PL.

As for the bolded part, I don't believe in the court of mob.

Also note that recent news suggest that the club will offer him a new contract. Probably because they believe there's nothing there.

Almost all players make dumb mistakes every game. There's a reason Arteta does not play Rice at 6 anymore (almost never in 2024), because we tried him in the first half of 23/24 and he failed there miserably. Partey is prone to some errors because he is statistically one of the best progressive passers in the PL.

Also note that recent news suggest that the club will offer him a new contract. Probably because they believe there's nothing there.

Rice didn't fail miserably in the 6

Havertz failed miserably in the 8. So when he moved to ST, we no longer had another 8 as ESR/Vieira weren't trusted.

Rice didn't fail miserably in the 6

Havertz failed miserably in the 8. So when he moved to ST, we no longer had another 8 as ESR/Vieira weren't trusted.

Rice definitely didn't fail at the 6. He was absolutely fundamental to our success last year as a 6 when Partey was injured. He has different strengths than Partey for sure in terms of his passing, but Rice in front of Saliba, White, Gabriel was incredibly strong defensively. So far this year Arteta sees his strongest 11 with Partey at 6, Rice at 8 and Havertz at 9.

Not going to go in on the case, if it is still ongoing....seems unclear at this point.

Not sure he should get a new contract. Some supporters seem to like his performances but I don't know if we have set low expectations now. He rarely bosses a game, and looks a bit peripheral to me at times. Our whole midfield is a bit underwhelming though at the moment...Rice included as well. If we are going to let Jorginho go, who seems a bit done as well, then it probably makes sense as long as we bring someone new in.

Side note happy to see we have done well without Odegaard in 2 big games. I guess this answers the perpetual question "what would Arsenal do if Odegaard was injured"

I'd play Nwaneri too, not sure why he's not getting more minutes.

Side note happy to see we have done well without Odegaard in 2 big games. I guess this answers the perpetual question "what would Arsenal do if Odegaard was injured"

I'd play Nwaneri too, not sure why he's not getting more minutes.
Right....he needs to play a bit more. I understand why he is not starting games, but this kid need some 20 min+ most games. Bit disappointed that we have not see him more.

It's amusing seeing Arteta trying his darndest to outdo Pep.
Again this season failing to recruit a decent striker, as if trying to prove that he can win Premier League without a proper one.
This hard-headedness is somewhat commendable but eventually unwarranted.
They haven't won a big one in a long time and I foresee they fall short again this season.
No amount of dark arts is ever going to fix that.
They will go further in UCL though, they have some reinforcement in that Calamari dude, Timber, and Partey seems back in action injuring player left and right.

Again this season failing to recruit a decent striker, as if trying to prove that he can win Premier League without a proper one.
They haven't won a big one in a long time and I foresee they fall short again this season.
They will go further in UCL though, they have some reinforcement in that Calamari dude, Timber, and Partey seems back in action injuring player left and right.

It's has nothing to do with pep, we need to beat other 19 teams to come on top. Just because we haven't won it in 2 decades doesn't mean that we shouldn't try, Arsenal are a big club and should fight in year in year out irrespective of where we finish. It's embarassing to be out of league race in first 10 matches, United is facing it now and we have faced it for 2 decades.

It's not easy to sign a quality striker in current market where solanke went for 60mn.We had Isak, Gyorekes, Sesko and Osimhen on radar, were priced out with others and Sesko wanted to stay 1 more season with his club. We are borderline with PSR compliance and can't throw 100 odd mn to sign someone who wouldn't considerably improve us.

We were the highest scorers in the league last year. And lost the title by only 2 points.

Ofcourse he wants to outdo Pep, that's how you win a title. Also while I agree a striker would be good there's hardly any good ones going around for an affordable fees.

Our more immediate concern is an Odegaard replacement. While we have done well without him that's one area of the pitch with no backup.

I mean, we did try for Sesko, but he decided to stay.

There weren't a lot of alternatives. Osimhen? Between him, his agent and Laurentiis they priced him out of a move that he ended up at Galatasaray. Toney ended up in Saudi

Who else moved? Zirkzee? Solanke? Evanilson?

Yeah, I don't disagree if they decided Sesko is the one they want and want to wait. I personally find Gyokeres interesting as well.

I am not sold on any of the forwards that moved this summer....well maybe Mbappe, but he wasn't available to us. I am not sure that we didn't have FFP constraints as well limiting who we could get. In fact I am pretty sure we did. We are not Chelsea or City in that regard. The only one I saw that could work was Isak and he did not move...likely because of the fee Newcastle would ask. Still question marks surrounding his injury record there too.

Havertz finished last season strong and seems to have continued that form. Don't think it was worth it to go on a maybe so-so target.

Our more immediate concern is an Odegaard replacement. While we have done well without him that's one area of the pitch with no backup.
I don’t think there are any plans to buy an Odegaard replacement. He’s not getting the backup minutes right now in the PL (for whatever reason) but Nwaneri is the future there for sure.

As far as the squad goes next transfer window. I think Arteta is perfectly fine now with Havertz as the starting CF. But the team was trying to sign a versatile forward that could play LW or RW. And they’ll need to address midfield depth bc it’s possible Jorginho and Partey both leave

I mean, we did try for Sesko, but he decided to stay.

There weren't a lot of alternatives. Osimhen? Between him, his agent and Laurentiis they priced him out of a move that he ended up at Galatasaray. Toney ended up in Saudi

Who else moved? Zirkzee? Solanke? Evanilson?

Yeah, I don't disagree if they decided Sesko is the one they want and want to wait. I personally find Gyokeres interesting as well.
Gyokeres seems interesting, but a little bit like Sesko, it's hard to know how they would deal with the step up to a tougher league - and there would probably be a bedding in period. But in theory, either of those would be a good idea for you guys to go up a level if you're serious about competing on several fronts.

But overall as you mention, the amount of top strikers is very low these days, which makes recruiting one particularly difficult. Also raises questions about the actual level of the current top CBs but that's another question.

I am not sold on any of the forwards that moved this summer....well maybe Mbappe, but he wasn't available to us. I am not sure that we didn't have FFP constraints as well limiting who we could get. In fact I am pretty sure we did. We are not Chelsea or City in that regard. The only one I saw that could work was Isak and he did not move...likely because of the fee Newcastle would ask. Still question marks surrounding his injury record there too.

Havertz finished last season strong and seems to have continued that form. Don't think it was worth it to go on a maybe so-so target.

We clearly decided that we would only make a move for the right player - we reportedly really wanted Isak but he decided to stay at Newcastle, then targeted both Sesko and Williams but they both opted to stay. I don't think we were interested in moving for anybody in the next rung down, guys like Neto, Doue, Zirkzee, etc.

Next summer is going to see a number of top shelf attacking players move and I trust that Arsenal will have a plan for acquiring one, likely laying the groundwork far in advance as we did for Rice, Jesus, and other big moves. Williams, Wirtz, Sesko, Openda will all likely move, probably Rodrygo, maybe Khvara, maybe Isak, maybe even Musiala if he can't agree a deal with Bayern.

We clearly decided that we would only make a move for the right player - we reportedly really wanted Isak but he decided to stay at Newcastle, then targeted both Sesko and Williams but they both opted to stay. I don't think we were interested in moving for anybody in the next rung down, guys like Neto, Doue, Zirkzee, etc.

Next summer is going to see a number of top shelf attacking players move and I trust that Arsenal will have a plan for acquiring one, likely laying the groundwork far in advance as we did for Rice, Jesus, and other big moves. Williams, Wirtz, Sesko, Openda will all likely move, probably Rodrygo, maybe Khvara, maybe Isak, maybe even Musiala if he can't agree a deal with Bayern.
There should be more available next summer indeed. Khvara would be an interesting one. Would he slot in on the left? I haven't given up on Martinelli, but Khvara or Williams might be upgrades.

There should be more available next summer indeed. Khvara would be an interesting one. Would he slot in on the left? I haven't given up on Martinelli, but Khvara or Williams might be upgrades.

Kvara might not be in our budget, we have had tough time with De Laurentis. Williams is clearly waiting for Barcelona, he could have easily moved this summer but seems like he is more keen in joining Barca and will wait for them to sort financial issues.

Could have an interesting line-up vs Bournemouth as Saka and Martinelli have pulled out of their respective squads. I am not sure if there is anything serious about these. It doesn't sound like it. Odegaard already out of course.

Kvara might not be in our budget, we have had tough time with De Laurentis. Williams is clearly waiting for Barcelona, he could have easily moved this summer but seems like he is more keen in joining Barca and will wait for them to sort financial issues.
Not sure Barca have any ability to buy right now, at least they should not have, but that's another crooked story over there...so who knows.

Kvara would be a questionable fit anyway...and yes he would cost a bit. Fun player to watch on his day, but I would be surprised if Arteta is too keen on him.

I don't think we will get either of those two. Williams the more likely possibility if Barca proves to be impossible. Whoever we target these next two transfer periods, they definitely need to be attacking reinforcements.

Arteta’s Arsenal biggest spenders in world football in recent years and still flopping against Bournemouth…..

If Liverpool beat them next week i think they could capitulate. They'll be so far off city already in what was tipped to be a huge season for them..

Their next 3 are Liverpool, then Newcastle away, Chelsea away.

While city have a lovely run

It’s been less than three weeks since Saka’s “this year is our year” interview and they’ve lost on the second game they’ve played since then. Next three league games are Liverpool at home then Newcastle and Chelsea away, with a trip to Milan inbetween the latter two.

Good team but had a large slice of luck with injuries etc. Interesting how they are going to respond is going now things aren't going their way....

If Liverpool beat them next week i think they could capitulate. They'll be so far off city already in what was tipped to be a huge season for them..

Their next 3 are Liverpool, then Newcastle away, Chelsea away.

While city have a lovely run
Will be a big test for sure but this Arsenal team has a lot more grit than the Arsenal teams of old. Will be surprised if they capitulate, even after a loss to Liverpool.

There were murmurs of invincibility amongst their online fanbase. They'll never learn.

Fans have absolutely lost it on social media :lol:

I do miss the days of a Arsenal loss and a load of drama on AFTV

Barely seen them play this season but every time I check their results they've had someone sent off. That's no way to win a league

Will be a big test for sure but this Arsenal team has a lot more grit than the Arsenal teams of old. Will be surprised if they capitulate, even after a loss to Liverpool.

They'll probably beat Pool. But if not there's serious pressure in the following tough away games. I don't think they'd have expected seeing city out of sight by early November which is feasible. Its a new situation for them

This was coming...
We haven't been good this season. So a loss was due once we ran out of luck.
Just hope that we take this as a wakeup call and actually start playing well.