Arne Slot | Liverpool manager (Posture Watch)

I'm amazed that the PR team picked that pic he looks like a proper knob-head

Apart from the admittedly odd picture, I'm actually looking forward to seeing what Slot can bring to the club.

Following a manager like Klopp is a challenge for anyone, but I like the fact he has confidence that he can do it. The playing style will change and I think we'll see a few teething problems, but hopefully not long before we're up and running.

I've not seen much of our pre-season other than the Sevilla game where we looked decent, but the Premier League is a different beast and I'm intrigued to see whether the hype from Feyenoord fans is justified or not.

GVCl9GYXoAAYHID

images

Surprised the thread title hasn’t already been updated to “Arne Slot | Liverpool Manager (Sack Watch)”

Apart from the admittedly odd picture, I'm actually looking forward to seeing what Slot can bring to the club.

Following a manager like Klopp is a challenge for anyone, but I like the fact he has confidence that he can do it. The playing style will change and I think we'll see a few teething problems, but hopefully not long before we're up and running.

I've not seen much of our pre-season other than the Sevilla game where we looked decent, but the Premier League is a different beast and I'm intrigued to see whether the hype from Feyenoord fans is justified or not.

I get the feeling it will be a bit Moyes esque.

Klopp is a very tough act to follow. Will be interesting what Liverpool's spirit is like if they're losing a few games early on in the season and if they can fight back. You won so many games from losing positions in the first half of last season.

TAA not signing a new deal is bizarre to me given he will get the captaincy once VDV leaves. He can win more but I guess given he's only known Klopp as manager he perhaps dosen't think Liverpool will continue to challenge for league and euro titles in his peak years.

Also interested with the Marmardashvili thing. Hardly seems a priority given Alisson is only 31 and Keheller has been fine in the cups. Can only think Alisson has informed the club he wants a fresh challenge so given them 12 months to get in a replacement.

Slot will do his best but many managers would appear uninspiring following Klopp and get the feeling that's the vibe from the squad so far given how many are stalling on contract extensions.

I get the feeling it will be a bit Moyes esque.

Klopp is a very tough act to follow. Will be interesting what Liverpool's spirit is like if they're losing a few games early on in the season and if they can fight back. You won so many games from losing positions in the first half of last season.

TAA not signing a new deal is bizarre to me given he will get the captaincy once VDV leaves. He can win more but I guess given he's only known Klopp as manager he perhaps dosen't think Liverpool will continue to challenge for league and euro titles in his peak years.

Also interested with the Marmardashvili thing. Hardly seems a priority given Alisson is only 31 and Keheller has been fine in the cups. Can only think Alisson has informed the club he wants a fresh challenge so given them 12 months to get in a replacement.

Slot will do his best but many managers would appear uninspiring following Klopp and get the feeling that's the vibe from the squad so far given how many are stalling on contract extensions.
There's no denying that there's potential for it to go that way, but the biggest difference between Klopp leaving to when Fergie left Utd, is that the majority of the playing staff are still relatively young.

There are clearly issues with the contract situation of VVD and Trent, but I think our new GK signing is to replace Kelleher rather than Alisson. Hopefully those contracts will be sorted shortly, or we are going to be left short in defence without significant investment.

No one can replace Klopp, but I'm hopeful that a new voice also produces more energy. Klopp was clearly knackered by the end, and a fresh training regime coupled with new ideas may reinvigorate the squad.

As ever, pre-season optimism is in full swing. I may revisit this post in a few weeks

The Marmardashvili is a strange signing but a very good one. They have 2, arguably 3, better keepers than our first choice

How much of that performance was actually down to Slot rather than the hangover from Klopp’s coaching? I remember our first game under Moyes and everyone thought it was business as usual until he really starting putting his stamp on the team. As Fergie’s ways were slowly erased and replaced with Moyes’s that’s when things really started to unravel.

How much of that performance was actually down to Slot rather than the hangover from Klopp’s coaching? I remember our first game under Moyes and everyone thought it was business as usual until he really starting putting his stamp on the team. As Fergie’s ways were slowly erased and replaced with Moyes’s that’s when things really started to unravel.
Yeah but Slots actually a good coach and has a proper system he plays. Moyes wasn’t either.

It won't be as funny as it could be unless they get off to a flying start, get gobby about being title contenders and then the wheels come off around Xmas time and end up finishing 5th

Based on what? Moyes had a better track record than Slot did when they got their jobs.
Better track record of what exactly? Staying in the same club for a long time?

Slot won the league and the dutch cup with Feyenoord. He was manager of the year two years in a row in Holland. What had Moyes won at that point? You can also see some sort of a system under Slot. They arent as quick as moving the ball as they were under Klopp but you can see a bit more patient game and possession based football. What system did Moyes employ at Everton and what did he employ when he was at United? That move was going to fail from day one. That was an idiotic appointment from Fergie and United.

Last edited:
Better track record of what exactly? Staying in the same club for a long time?

Slot won the league and the dutch cup with Feyenoord. He was manager of the year two years in a row in Holland. What had Moyes won at that point? You can also see some sort of a system under Slot. They arent as quick as moving the ball as they were under Klopp but you can see a bit more patient game and possession based football. What system did Moyes employ at Everton and what did he employ when he was at United? That move was going to fail from day one. That was an idiotic appointment from Fergie and United.
Well, following a loss where United didn't have many passes, Moyes said he wants way more passes from his players in the next one. Checkmate, Slot

Well, following a loss where United didn't have many passes, Moyes said he wants way more passes from his players in the next one. Checkmate, Slot
Haha. Is that next game the one where we had like 47 crosses and still scored a grand total of 0 goals?

I admittedly only watched the first half but liv were very ordinary, that headline on bbc is way over the top @ breath taking

I admittedly only watched the first half but liv were very ordinary, that headline on bbc is way over the top @ breath taking
Rather, but it's also just a quote from Crouch, not something the BBC writer said. It's another funny headline as such.

They're supposed to have played much better in the second half though.

Slot was absolutely amazing in yhe Eredivisie, I'm very curious to see what he can do in the PL. Glad he started with a decent win

Rather, but it's also just a quote from Crouch, not something the BBC writer said. It's another funny headline as such.

They're supposed to have played much better in the second half though.

From the highlights it looked like they weren't great in the first half, but in the second half they looked much more dangerous in attack and cut Ipswich to ribbons.