Arne Slot | Liverpool manager (Posture Watch)

I think you're exaggerating and not taking context into consideration at all. It was Ipswich, a team everyone knows will go down, playing an insanely high line against which Liverpool took about 55 mins before even registering a shot on target. Once they got the opening goal they were more fluid, sure, but they were also particularly bad (much moreso than Utd, against a much, much weaker side) up until then. Utd had a good performance against a middle-tableish team, with a bit of a dip in second half (but nothing as bad as Liverpool).

I can see the trend @Tyrion mentioned becoming a thing, Dutch posters wanting to appear more knowledgeable than others on the manager (which you obviously are) but saying he's a better fit for Liverpool than Ten Hag was for Utd is strange and doesn't really mean anything. We'll see in time whether that's the case.
I’m not that impressed with the Ipswich match though. Yeah their 2nd half was okay but they looked much better during pre-season, but then again it was just pre-season.

I don’t think it’s a weird thing to say that Slot is a better fit to Liverpool than Ten Hag was to Utd. Rotterdam and Liverpool are very very much comparable as a club and city and to a little extent leadership as well, only difference is that LFC a way way bigger club

well when conte first came to the Premier league, he won the title at a canter.
He was definitely good but the journalists I heard discussing him around the time he was linked with Spurs and United kept insisting he wasn't like Mourinho and wouldn't get annoyed and leave. I think they were just downplaying his flaws because he was from "their league" the same way British pundits talk up the PL as "our league". Slot could be great but I'd be skeptical of Dutch journalists lining up insisting he's great because they are biased in favour of their own football.

8 days til the deadline and they've signed no one while some of their best players are in to the final year of their contracts and havent been offered a new one, they really arnt backing this guy are they?

8 days til the deadline and they've signed no one while some of their best players are in to the final year of their contracts and havent been offered a new one, they really arnt backing this guy are they?
Next thing you know their CFO will be off on "urgent transfer business" and they'll unveil Fellaini as their deadline day signing

I can get over not signing anyone. The squad is in decent enough shape. Could do with a midfielder and a CB imo.

Sitting on their arses whilst three of the most important players at the club are on the verge of leaving for free in 12 months is ridiculous. City have just won four leagues in a row and are still signing players/trying to improve.

He's a good coach unfortunately. Not good news for United fans.

It is really odd. Especially bc at this moment I rate him higher than EtH. Been impressed with how he expresses himself and talks about footie so far. Initially felt like a bit of an unexpected hire for en but they may have gotten the better one of the two 'Dams. But hey somehow Kompany is managing Bayern so what do I know I guess. Obviously extremely early days and he s benefiting from what in essence is still a Klopp team so lets hope I'm wrong.

The question is if "good coach" will cut it for the Pool fans. Klopp had them close to winning the title several years and fairly deep cup runs consistently. Hard to see him achieve that especially given Klopp's players are ageing out of the squad slowly.

What if he "only" manages CL qualification and 15 points away from City for a couple of years?

Love how they’re getting carried away after beating a newly promoted team.

Has he found a cure to cancer yet?

The amount of batshit headlines I have read waxing lyrical about Liverpool and his performance against Ipswich are fecking staggering. You'd think they played football that has never been seen before on this planet.

Has he found a cure to cancer yet?

The amount of batshit headlines I have read waxing lyrical about Liverpool and his performance against Ipswich are fecking staggering. You'd think they played football that has never been seen before on this planet.
Exactly. The puff piece on the BBC was ridiculous. The media bias is real.

He got really lucky with the opening two fixtures, but I think it is fair to say that he hit the ground running. Curious to see how the battle of the bald dutchies pans out next week, but I feel liverpool are favorites at this moment

He says he wants control in his approach to style of football his team play, deffo something Ten Hag doesn't know about.

Interesting to see how next week pans out.

He got really lucky with the opening two fixtures, but I think it is fair to say that he hit the ground running. Curious to see how the battle of the bald dutchies pans out next week, but I feel liverpool are favorites at this moment
Yep. Couldn’t really have asked for a softer first couple of fixtures to ease in. Ipswich who are going to concede a million goals and go straight back down and Brentford without Ivan Toney. The signs are promising for them but it’s hard to know what their level actually is yet.

Slot is fine but the lack of a quality #9 will catch up with him. Darwin won't cut it and Diaz, Jota, Gakpo are not as good as Salah to share the goalscoring responsibility.

His opening six games apart from United are pretty generous. We follow next weeks game with Forest and Bournemouth at home. Then Wolves away.

He’s a Dutch Klopp and has implemented his style in no time. Yet, there is drama with United.

How is he the Dutch Klopp based on 2 games? The guys won the Dutch league and domestic cup. Liverpool had a solid squad and so far he hasn’t tinkered with anything other than Salah is coming central like Messi does.

There are a lot more problems with United’s squad.

Slot is fine but the lack of a quality #9 will catch up with him. Darwin won't cut it and Diaz, Jota, Gakpo are not as good as Salah to share the goalscoring responsibility.
How many goal scorers are there as good as Salah. I don’t understand your point. If they stay healthy goals will come. That’s not our issue. Signing our players and getting a solid defensive midfielder is priority. Slot has a plan and has implemented it remarkably well in such a short time. The preseason and a relatively easy start to the season has seen to this. But he is about to enter a cauldron this week.

How many goal scorers are there as good as Salah. I don’t understand your point. If they stay healthy goals will come. That’s not our issue. Signing our players and getting a solid defensive midfielder is priority. Slot has a plan and has implemented it remarkably well in such a short time. The preseason and a relatively easy start to the season has seen to this. But he is about to enter a cauldron this week.
My point is that Liverpool is too dependent on Salah.

My point is that Liverpool is too dependent on Salah.
They were. But if you have watched us in the last two matches we are passing it around to everyone. Diaz and Jota look rejuvenated. Everyone is involved.

They were. But if you have watched us in the last two matches we are passing it around to everyone. Diaz and Jota look rejuvenated. Everyone is involved.
Against Brentford and Ipswich.

Early days…I wonder each year which teams will be picked after a few games and then repeatedly praised for the rest of the season no matter what.

DeZerbi and Ange were the lucky ones last year…both won feck all but at least the morons on all the sports panels could bang on about DNA.

A win against United and Slot might be the lucky one for 24/25

How is he the Dutch Klopp based on 2 games? The guys won the Dutch league and domestic cup. Liverpool had a solid squad and so far he hasn’t tinkered with anything other than Salah is coming central like Messi does.

Yeah mostly made by the manager we have at the moment

Problems are always accentuated when the setup and coaching is poor. Slots team far more energetic and organised. There players are not significantly better than ours.

In Ten Hag’s first season we won 6/6 against newly promoted teams and beat Brentford at home.
We also beat Liverpool and Arsenal in his first month. Man I really wish Zirkzee didn't slide, Rashford was onside and Amad took a touch instead of hitting it on the volley yesterday

He’s a Dutch Klopp and has implemented his style in no time. Yet, there is drama with United.
That's just way too early to say. It is well known that teams take a while to adapt to a new manager's style, and at first largely still play the old style. Just think of Moyes's start at United. So currently, it's probably still largely a Klopp Liverpool, and that will diminish with every game. Moreover, Klopp and Slot have quite comparable styles.

That's not to excuse Ten Hag, but the hyperbole over both Ten Hag (nothing has changed!) and Slot (already perfectly implemented!) is ridiculous.

Already clear to see that he's a better coach than Ten Hag, but that's an increasingly long list. Whether he's good enough to challenge Pep and Arteta is another question. He could just be another De Zerbi and burn bright for a while before getting found out.

Based on a 10 second snippet of him roasting Carra, Arne already seems to have way more humor and charisma than ETH which should be helpful since it's not easy to take over from Klopp in any gig.

Bald Dutch frauds gaffers derby, love to see it.

The piping off of this cnut after two games is nauseating. One of which was against essentially a Championship side and the other Brentford. I’m certainly not ETH’s biggest fan 3 seasons in but he certainly had a pretty respectable first season, securing CL football and a piece of silverware. Let’s wait a while before we start crowning Slot the “Dutch Klopp”.

After watching the Liverpool game, I actually fancy our chances this weekend.

They played ok, but I think we are well capable of winning this game.

Early days of course, but seems to me he’s playing quite different to Klopp. Far slower and more possession based than Klopp’s very direct style.

Hard to ascertain if Slot is a top tier manager until Liverpool's CL campaign begins but he's at least done Utd a huge favour and exposed his Dutch compatriot as a fraudulent baldie very early in the season :lol: